Super Mario?

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

Where do you watch your games?

We get most of the games live on cable tv.  Of course, there's the 5 hour time difference.  A 6PM game in London will be broadcast live at 1PM in NY.

• Like 1

Guest BigRoger
1 hour ago, yogimax said:

We get most of the games live on cable tv.  Of course, there's the 5 hour time difference.  A 6PM game in London will be broadcast live at 1PM in NY.

You think yourself lucky with that time difference! ... we brits who are addicted to NFL have some very long nights and early mornings trying to watch favourite teams games live! I can testify that staying up for a game that doesn’t start until 1.15am and finishes at 4am is a tough slog....

7 hours ago, ace2542 said:

I don't like that you know. Them putting Mario on the spot every cruise like they are taking advantage of him. Despite all the glad handing they won't put him on the payroll in some form?

Is he allowed to access the crew bar and get to hang out with the staff below decks?

He must be allowed as he once told us he went down to the crew area and found someone to cut his hair for a few dollars.  We were on Navigator B2B2B with him not long before the pause in sailings and ate breakfast next to him in Chops each morning.  He was very chatty and we learned a lot about his life on the sea.  Shortly thereafter we were on another cruise with him and said hello and he ignored us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lovelife said:

He must be allowed as he once told us he went down to the crew area and found someone to cut his hair for a few dollars.  We were on Navigator B2B2B with him not long before the pause in sailings and ate breakfast next to him in Chops each morning.  He was very chatty and we learned a lot about his life on the sea.  Shortly thereafter we were on another cruise with him and said hello and he ignored us.

Maybe you weren't chatty enough. 🤣

3 minutes ago, lovelife said:

Believe me I was!  We had many conversations and I asked many questions.  Apparently I wasn't memorable. 😲 

Mario is a nice guy and usually very approachable but I have also noticed that he can be moody.  My guess is that you caught him at one of those moments when he didn’t feel like making conversation. 

2 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Mario is a nice guy and usually very approachable but I have also noticed that he can be moody.  My guess is that you caught him at one of those moments when he didn’t feel like making conversation. 

You know, he’d fit in perfectly around here. 😉🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

That's what we presumed so we tried saying hello another day and he turned up his nose . 😞

13 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

There is medication for that.

• Haha 2

On 4/13/2021 at 3:04 AM, xpcdoojk said:

And people are in them drinking pints and cheering on Chelsea?  Really?  Or are they semi vacant buildings in decaying street blocks?

Best wishes to Mario,I hope he is well.

Screenshot_20210414_090203.jpg

Screenshot_20210414_090125_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210414_090923.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

On 4/13/2021 at 3:53 AM, yogimax said:

That's really insulting.  They are not in "decaying street blocks."  Besides, they are cheering on Liverpool.

Average house prices  in Chelsea is over $4.5million.

Very best wishes to Mario.

Edited by grapau27

12 hours ago, lovelife said:

He must be allowed as he once told us he went down to the crew area and found someone to cut his hair for a few dollars

Interesting. Doesn't he get like discount or even a comp spar beauty treatment so ergo haircut with his top level membership? And entering below deck without permission would be a breach of security.

12 hours ago, lovelife said:

He was very chatty and we learned a lot about his life on the sea.  Shortly thereafter we were on another cruise with him and said hello and he ignored us

Mario has got issues to be fair. He probably likes seeing people coming and going from his life and not sticking around.

Edited by ace2542

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Best wishes to Mario,I hope he is well.

Screenshot_20210414_090203.jpg

Screenshot_20210414_090125_com.android.chrome.jpg

You have the got the wrong end of the stick. They are talking about new york and english soccer supporters not london and house prices.😀 Sadly liverpool are more supported then Chelsea. Are you a newcastle or sunderland fan Graham? Sunderland are not well supported in NYC though the toon army are legendary. You have probably seen their exploits in the newcastle chronicle over the years. Drums and all kinds.

Edited by ace2542

10 hours ago, RFerrington said:

He once said to me, why can't people see that I am working here. I replied,      "you are sitting on the pool deck on a cruise ship in the Caribbean. Not many associate that with working."

And when it is  a new quarter, he has to print quarterly reports for his clients.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

He once said to me, why can't people see that I am working here. I replied,      "you are sitting on the pool deck on a cruise ship in the Caribbean. Not many associate that with working."

And when it is  a new quarter, he has to print quarterly reports for his clients.

And why he is messing about with this business if he is this rich guy as you all claim he is? He is running that business to pay for this. So much messing about. Perhaps the reason why he doesn't seem to venture to Europe anymore is that maybe it is illegal for him to be running that business at least in Europe.

Edited by ace2542
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

And why he is messing about with this business if he is this rich guy as you all claim he is? He is running that business to pay for this. Perhaps the reason why he doesn't seem to venture to Europe anymore is that maybe it is illegal for him to be running that business at least in Europe.

Nobody said he is rich.  He has been to Europe and Asia.  Nobody is going there now.