DeSantis could sink our chances of cruising out of Florida

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

I don't know about Texas but here in Florida I could not get an appt with any local pharmacies or stores (spent hours trying) so we drove about 30 minutes to the county fairgrounds to get ours.  Now the appt's are plentiful but at the time we didn't know how long it was going to take for things to wind down

Exactly, demand was higher early on than now.

Idk why he cant see that's why he is now able to just easily call and make a appointment and its supply and demand..supply has grown, demand has dropped. Simple math statement. 

Thanks, maybe he can see it since you said it too.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Stallion said:

Several months ago the Biden administration made a strategic decision to activate 40,000 local pharmacies to provide vaccinations closer to where the people actually live. It has been an unqualified success-why would anyone want to go to a huge central covid vaccination site miles away from your residence?

APhA Applauds Expansion of Activated Pharmacies in National COVID-19 Vaccination Strategy (pharmacytimes.com)

Just FYI, in Arizona the decision was made by our state and county health departments in NOVEMBER - nothing to do with anything from Washington DC - to set up both mass vaccination stations in large metro areas, hospitals and to use parking lots for clinics on smaller cities and local pharmacy in rural areas.  Neither Biden or Trump had anything to do with organizing here.

In the beginning one mass site in Phoenix was vaccinating over 50K a day.  Simply too many people to do in a local Walgreens or a Kroger grocery.  They are still doing 5K a day, but vaccine open to all over 16 and lines getting smaller daily.

I know other states have had issues - some caused by politicians.  The politicians stayed out of our delivery system.  Our delivery plan is the same as last year.

FYI I am 125 miles from Phoenix.  There are 15 local pharmacies close to my home.  Tucson started with about 10 to mostly do remote vaccinations in group facilities.  As vaccine became available they opened more and more.  The issue today is you can not make and appointment at a pharmacy but can at the drive thru sites here.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

The State of Arizona alone has 75 corporate entities (each with numerous pharmacy locations) participating in the Pharmacy Partnership-this has nothing to do with State or County vaccination sites-the State has no control over the distribution.

• Albertsons Companies, Inc. (including Osco, Jewel-Osco, Albertsons, Albertsons Market, Safeway, Tom Thumb, Star Market, Shaw’s, Haggen, Acme, Randalls, Carrs, Market Street, United, Vons, Pavilions, Amigos, Lucky’s, Pak n Save, Sav-On)
  • Costco Wholesale Corp.
  • CVS Pharmacy, Inc. (including Long’s)
  • Good Neighbor Pharmacy and AmerisourceBergen Drug Corporation’s pharmacy services administrative organization (PSAO), Elevate Provider
  • Health Mart Pharmacies
  • LeaderNET and The Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy, Cardinal Health’s PSAOs
  • The Kroger Co. (including Kroger, Harris Teeter, Fred Meyer, Fry’s, Ralphs, King Soopers, Smiths, City Market, Dillons, Mariano’s, Pick-n-Save, Copps, Metro Market)
  • Topco Associates, LLC (including Acme Fresh Markets, Associated Food Stores, Bashas, Big-Y Pharmacy and Wellness Center, Brookshire’s Pharmacy, Super One Pharmacy, FRESH by Brookshire’s Pharmacy, Coborn’s Pharmacy, Cash Wise Pharmacy, MarketPlace Pharmacy, Giant Eagle, Hartig Drug Company, King Kullen, Food City Pharmacy, Ingles Pharmacy, Raley’s, Bel Air, Nob Hill Pharmacies, Save Mart Pharmacies, Lucky Pharmacies, SpartanNash, Price Chopper, Market 32, Tops Friendly Markets, ShopRite, Wegmans, Weis Markets, Inc.)
  • Walgreens (including Duane Reade)
  • Walmart, Inc. (including Sam’s Club)

and if people are still having problems with obtaining appointments at multiple hundred pharmacy locations that is a sign of high demand-not low demand

Edited by Stallion

49 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Just FYI, in Arizona the decision was made by our state and county health departments in NOVEMBER - nothing to do with anything from Washington DC - to set up both mass vaccination stations in large metro areas, hospitals and to use parking lots for clinics on smaller cities and local pharmacy in rural areas.  Neither Biden or Trump had anything to do with organizing here.

In the beginning one mass site in Phoenix was vaccinating over 50K a day.  Simply too many people to do in a local Walgreens or a Kroger grocery.  They are still doing 5K a day, but vaccine open to all over 16 and lines getting smaller daily.

I know other states have had issues - some caused by politicians.  The politicians stayed out of our delivery system.  Our delivery plan is the same as last year.

FYI I am 125 miles from Phoenix.  There are 15 local pharmacies close to my home.  Tucson started with about 10 to mostly do remote vaccinations in group facilities.  As vaccine became available they opened more and more.  The issue today is you can not make and appointment at a pharmacy but can at the drive thru sites here.

We also live in the Phoenix area, where is this site that gave 50,000 shots per day? As far as I know the Cardinal’s Stadium parking lot, was the biggest site in the state. When we got ours, about two months ago, they were doing about 6,500 per day and it was run very efficiently. Before they shutdown and moved indoors to the arena where the Coyotes play hockey, they were up to 9,000 and that bogged them down some.

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Yep the slow down has started here in texas. Just because some dont acknowledge it doesnt mean it's not starting. As far as changing anyone's mind, just read cc, and realize no one has changed even one single mind. It's just people saying their pt of view. No one  .. no one is changing minds. 

To the guy with the chart saying no sign we are slowing ...

20210415_203750.jpg

Are they really slowing down or is it because they are receiving more vaccines than before? How many are getting vaccinated daily compared to a month or two ago? Just asking since I haven’t looked into it.

16 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Are they really slowing down or is it because they are receiving more vaccines than before? How many are getting vaccinated daily compared to a month or two ago? Just asking since I haven’t looked into it.

Again I did not say they have slowed down. I said signs pt to a slow down. When texas went to all adults about 2 weeks ahead of other states, liberals were quick to jump on that saying it's because texas is behind in vaccinations. 

Dallas forecast to clear the wait list friday, 2 days ago. It's not like flipping a switch, its appointments being easier to get, it's no wait list, it's that texas went to 16 and over one of the first states to do this.

Wait for other states as they also now start 16 and over. I said within a month from now it will be more obvious. I didnt say it happened overnight since friday we cleared wait list. 

Wait a month and we will see if I'm right or not, how about that? if people dont understand it's a gradual process and will start slowing down soon ... not today. It doesnt happen 2 or 3 days after clearing the wait list. 

If anyone took statistics, curves are gradual. Not 100, one day, 0 the next. That's now how a slow down would look on a curve.  They showed a pop up church site here, not one single person was there. Its changing here.  Many signs it is changing. Change isnt overnight, I'm saying what I see happening over the next month. A gradual curve downward.

We will still be busy. Thursday sites closed here for rain, has to be made up. 2nd shots need to be done, will take a while. Our news could be showing things not true according to some here? The empty vaccine site, etc. Let's wait and see?

Edited by firefly333

In my area it is relatively easy to get an appointment.....any number of pharmacies have shots available.

"No shows" we're non-existent a few months ago, but they are now pretty common. I would guess that if you want a shot here, you could get one "today" with a few phone calls.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jean87510 said:

My feeling is the younger ones are out working or congregating and why not just vaccinate them? 

They probably should have been first. Grandma and Grandpa have been sitting home all year waiting this out while the spring break grandchild brings covid home as a souvenir. 

5 hours ago, Stallion said:

Of course, we know there are ignorant people who will not get the vaccine and we know the profile of who those people are. They damn sure aren't helping us get back to cruising or ending the pandemic

CDC COVID Data Tracker

My thought is that I'm glad not everybody wants it. If everybody wanted it I would still be waiting for mine. Any leftovers send to Canada so they can open the border and we can sail to Alaska.

• Like 2

On 4/17/2021 at 10:04 AM, not-enough-cruising said:

Not necessarily sloppy, at the mega centers here in TX, when you are doing 2000 shots at a drive through center, the cards are handed out without personal information in the interest of efficiency. 

My DH and I received our 2 Moderna shots at the TX Motor Speedway. I was very surprised when we were given cards without personal info. 9000 shots were given daily for a few days at that location. 

On a different note, doesn't anyone else feel this whole virus issue, mask wearing, vaccines, etc., has become totally politicized? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Unless they start giving shots from a cotton or peanut field we have to drive 20 minutes to either Publix, Walgreens or the mass vaccination center.  I got mine at the center and my husband at Publix.  Just another trip to town and we could pick up milk when he went to Publix.  It must be working well here.  Last week we had minus 12 positive tests and the neighboring county had minus 1 death one day. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

There is no WANT to do this.... I did do this.  There is NO mask mandate in the state of Texas. Most public places do not require them any longer. And when they do I'll do it or leave. Like I posted earlier, there's only been one place in the past 3 weeks as asked me to put on my mask.  One. Out of approximately 35 locations. I go out daily. 

Still masking most everywhere we go inside in Florida.

Some places won't let you in building regardless, other places still taking temperature readings.

I don't mind, still two more weeks until my second shot (tomorrow) has me imunized

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Last week we had minus 12 positive tests and the neighboring county had minus 1 death one day. 

Minus 1 death?  Are you saying someone was brought back to life from the dead?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, yogimax said:

Not sure how your comment responded to my post but I wanted to share some information about Queens, where I live.  here's the data...

"Queens is not only the most diverse borough, it is the most diverse county in the entire USA. See Atlantic Article[1]. Of course, there are other possible measures of diversity but Queens is

27.6% White nonLatinx
27.5% Latinx
22.8% Asian=American
17.7% Black nonLatinx
0.3% Native American
4% other
and, in each of the large categories, it is diverse. The Whites are from all over Europe, the Latinxes from the Hispanophone Caribbean, Mexico, Central and South America, the Asians from all over that vast continent."

Sadly, much minority aversion to the vaccines has its roots in the "Tuskegee Syphilis Study," a government study that deceived and led to the death of countless Black Americans...

"Officially named the Study of Untreated Syphilis in the Negro Male, the U.S. Public Health Service, working with the Tuskegee Institute, recruited hundreds of rural Black men in 1932. The study offered free meals and checkups, but never explained that participants would be human subjects in a study designed to withhold medical treatment."

Hope this is helpful!

So basically, the government lied then, but doesn't lie now. 🤔

Thanks for clearing that up

• Like 2

8 hours ago, coffeebean said:

You would think that those who are less educated and skeptical would take note of all the more educated people who are clamoring for the vaccine and getting themselves vaxxed. Wouldn't those less educated folks at least understand that people in "high places" and celebrities have received the vaccine for everyone to see. That is what those public service announcements are for. You don't have to understand English when you can just watch the vaccination process with famous people. Wouldn't that convince them? I'm at a loss to understand their skepticism. Am I being really naive about this?

Didn't help that Hank Aaron publicly gotvthe vaccine and died a few days later.

Unrelated, but damage done

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stallion said:

Geez 

Even Abbott's own medical advisory board admitted that they were not consulted about opening up Texas. It was a political decision

Of course it was. He stated it clearly that government was removing itself from the equation. There are more issues of opening the state than just the medical. Sometimes leadership requires looking at more than just one direction. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Yep the slow down has started here in texas. Just because some dont acknowledge it doesnt mean it's not starting. As far as changing anyone's mind, just read cc, and realize no one has changed even one single mind. It's just people saying their pt of view. No one  .. no one is changing minds. 

To the guy with the chart saying no sign we are slowing ...

20210415_203750.jpg

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Again I did not say they have slowed down. I said signs pt to a slow down. When texas went to all adults about 2 weeks ahead of other states, liberals were quick to jump on that saying it's because texas is behind in vaccinations. 

No where did you say signs point to it. Look at your first sentence you say “Yep the slow down has started in texas”. My question was “Are they really slowing down....”. Same thing. Again my question is are they really slowing down or is it because they have more vaccines? No need to get defensive. I was simply asking a question and not implying anything since I haven’t looked into it.

Edited by ReneeFLL

5 hours ago, Stallion said:

Several months ago the Biden administration made a strategic decision to activate 40,000 local pharmacies to provide vaccinations closer to where the people actually live. It has been an unqualified success-why would anyone want to go to a huge central covid vaccination site miles away from your residence?

APhA Applauds Expansion of Activated Pharmacies in National COVID-19 Vaccination Strategy (pharmacytimes.com)

Huh, when Desantis did that with Publix he was portrayed as rewarding political donors

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

So basically, the government lied then, but doesn't lie now. 🤔

Thanks for clearing that up

Oh my... guess you never studied logic, but please read up on the Tuskegee "experiment," a sad story in American history.  

35 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Still masking most everywhere we go inside in Florida.

Some places won't let you in building regardless, other places still taking temperature readings.

I don't mind, still two more weeks until my second shot (tomorrow) has me imunized

We have come across the same thing. Publix, Home Depot, Walmart, Lowe’s, Costco, Sam’s and Bj’s make you have on a mask. I’m sure there are a lot more. Wished we would get to a point where we don’t have to wear them shopping.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

We have come across the same thing. Publix, Home Depot, Walmart, Lowe’s, Costco, Sam’s and Bj’s make you have on a mask. I’m sure there a lot more. Wished we would get to a point where we don’t have to wear them shopping.

I'm guessing your husband's airline still has a mask mandate. 

See, I'm not assuming. 😉

• Like 1