Time to jump ship?

IntrepidFromDC

I'm considering it- although honestly I doubt I will unless someone starts going out of Cozumel or somewhere along the Mexican Gulf Coast. I don't really want to fly all the way to Nassau or even Jamaica. Now ask me if this is still going on with the CDC come November and I'm sure I'll have a much different opinion. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Yes, I am considering it.  I will wait and see how my booked Carnival cruise for August plays out.  If it doesn't look like anything will sail from the US this year, then we will definitely consider flying out of the country.  We have been vaccinated, so we feel like the odds are in our favor should we need negative covid tests.

Same here, except I'm booked for sept 11, and booked a nonrefundable hotel in Galveston. I was overly optimistic a year ago it seems. If my carnival cruise is a no go I plan on still using the hotel as I told myself when I booked it. Go and enjoy the beach even if I don't cruise.

I'm in the camp if the cdc doesnt change its stance by November I'll have to think about it. 

If we dont cruise by next year, the cruiselines will have to be thinking of other ports. I cancelled the credit card I booked with so it wouldnt be easy to get a refund. I no longer use that bank at all.

• Like 1

Yes, depending on the requirements, I will take a European cruise next year if cruising does not restart in the US. We already have a trip to Barcelona planned and if I do not cruise this year, I will just add a cruise to that vacation. 

I see Celebrity is sailing from St. Maarten July 17, first two classes of cabins are already sold out.  We have had 4 Carnival cancels, I think the next one will push us over the edge...time to look at all inclusive resorts or Europe. Hoping Carnival will announce an off shore departure and follow the lead of other lines...escape the CDC craziness.

I have a November Carnival cruise to Bermuda out of Baltimore that I booked when my  Hawaii cruise got covid canceled form the second time. Hopefully, this one will sail. At any rate, I have already booked a Royal Caribbean cruise out of Barbados for next April. It's been two years now since our last cruise and we're more than ready for some sea,sun and sand.

I'm not too excited about getting the vaccine, but if it allows me to get on board a ship, then I'm just going to bite the bullet... I'm sick and tired of waiting for the CDC to deem cruising "allowable" again... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We are booked on Celebrity out of St. Maarten in July.  Tired of waiting the for the CDC and the cruise lines to work out a solution.  I don't blame Carnival for that, as it is nearly impossible to work out a deal if the other side doesn't want to.

The Celebrity itinerary won me over.  I hope to finally get to visit Barbados! 

• Like 1

On 4/16/2021 at 5:01 AM, RWolver672 said:

Unless I'm wrong, what they were talking about is that the title of this posting suggests that cruising is starting back up again period.  After reading the article, it's just in Europe.  That's not doing anyone that only cruises from the US any good.  

Royal has sailings out of Nassau and Bermuda, Celebrity has sailings out of St. Maarten, and NCL has sailings out of Jamaica.

On 4/16/2021 at 11:59 AM, crewsweeper said:

I was going to say the same thing.  Travel restrictions for US based vacationers to Europe are still in place on both sides of the Big Pond.  Someone living in DC should know that.

Greece is opening up to Americans and thats why Celebrity and NCL have sailings out of Athens.

Yes, I have already booked.  On Crystal Serenity July 10 from Nassau.  I ordinarily wouldn’t afford Crystal, but their intro price for lowest grade cabin - OV - was worth it for me to dip my toes in a luxury line.  In 2019 we were able to do the same on Oceania.  Flying in a day early and staying over two days after to get the flights on points, and hotel also on points.  This does not mean I am leaving the other lines...have a cruise on Carnival in January 2022, rescheduled from January this year.  EM

Edited by Essiesmom
  • Like 1

No t to rock the boat here and be seen as an NCL cheerleader, I’m not as I am Diamond n Carnival and Platinum Plus on NCL, but for those of you who feel desire to cruise Europe but airfare is a dealbreaker for you, NCL has a 2nd guest flies free promo going on.   We are booked on n a cruise to Norway, Scotland, and Iceland out of Southampton, and my RTmairfare  from DFW is $799 and hubby’s is free.  We had this cruise booked for June this year but it cancelled and our air (booked on our own) was more. Than double this per person.    If you’ve just gotta go, you may want to gives them  all.

no flaming please, we’ve all suffered enough through COVID, I’m just passing on information I found useful.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, topaz123 said:

Good comments on MSC...hoping they will move to off shore for US cruisers. Diamond on Carnival, but if MSC does the match and is the easiest jump to off shore...we're on board.

Glad you get it!  It's not like we're not being loyal to Carnival, we just WANT TO CRUISE and MSC is cruising while Carnival hasn't figured it out. 

• Like 1

I am amused by people excited to cruise from the Bahamas when so many others avoid cruising there in the first place. I don't mind port stops in the Bahamas, but flying there to catch a cruise is something else.

I do have cruises booked on other Carnival lines in other hemispheres. If I'm going to fly, make it count.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Crazy planning mom said:

Royal has sailings out of Nassau and Bermuda, Celebrity has sailings out of St. Maarten, and NCL has sailings out of Jamaica.

Again, that's not helping anyone that will only cruise from the US.

18 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Since it looks like the CDC isn't going to allow cruising from US ports anytime soon, are you looking at sailing with other lines, such as Royal Caribbean, NCl, or Celebrity? I'm not loyal to any line, so I'm booked on the very first NCL cruise out of Jamaica. 

14 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

We are flying to Mexico and the DR this summer for vacation since we can't cruise. 

I'm flying to the DR this summer for vacation... on a cruise!  I'm on the NCL Gem September 12.

15 hours ago, lazydayz said:

I hope to finally get to visit Barbados! 

I hope you get to go there too!  I've been there several times and my NCL Gem cruise late this summer also goes there.  There are a lot of neat places to see and things to do in Barbados.  It's up to their government to determine how much of it we're allowed to see and do.

Edited by Honolulu Blue
fat fast fingers

Yep, we booked Celebrity on first trip out from Str Marten in June .  We do have a 4 July Carnival booking that we fully anticipate that Carnival will be canceling soon or we will cancel given Carnival has the no vaccine requirement.  We also have a Carnival August booking and we will be canceling it as well if Carnival goes through with not requiring vaccine.  Simply holding off to see if the CDC makes a decision for Carnival that provides additional reflection and comfort.  We also have a Windstar booked and intend to book additional trips as we see how things proceed.  We don’t plan on cruising with Carnival or any other line for now without a vaccine requirement until some time passes to see how things go. While we fully enjoy Carnival we have enough options for ourselves to choose from without taking a risks with Carnival.  

• Like 1