Celebrity Beyond online reveal on April 28, 2021

mikkelhansen

Well, the LLP sound issues of the webinars seems to be fixed👏
Loved the look of the Sunset Bar & Rooftop Garden and what appears to be a larger Martini Bar with more seating.  I had to stop the video at that point and book the October TA from a Barcelona.  
We have been on the Edge, have the Apex booked for next April so it will be interesting to see the changes from one to another.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, kwokpot said:

For those who disliked (And that's putting it mildly) the original design teams of the Edge and Apex, sorry to tell you THEY ARE THE SAME PEOPLE.

What is also interesting is that Lisa and Kelly, get the negative bashing, Nate and Jouin, hmmm, let me think, not so much...just saying

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WonderMan3 said:

Yes, to the last part. He had never cruised before and added nothing to the video. LLP could've easily introduced the video which is all he really contributed. The brief transitions with him were totally unnecessary.

I totally agree.

I have never heard of him, but thought perhaps he was an online social "influencer" and X was using him for that purpose?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

I totally agree.

I have never heard of him, but thought perhaps he was an online social "influencer" and X was using him for that purpose?

we have come so far in this pandemic, I can see the light.  Apparently we have a new "problem" the emcee Lisa decided to have assist in such a positive video, which seemed to address and correct the concerns of the cruisers who know "what is what", folks still gotta find a way to criticize no matter what,  wonder how a real problem would be handled.  I say thanks Celebrity, Lisa, Kelly, Nate, Jouin, job well done, you listened to your customers!

Edited by LGW59
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

we have come so far in this pandemic, I can see the light.  Apparently we have a new "problem" the emcee Lisa decided to have assist in such a positive video

Hopefully you get your 20% off the top for booking the gig for Tommy DiDario 😉 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I have sailed on the Edge twice and loved her... am booked for a B2B on the Apexin January... was to have been January of 2021 but had to L&S !!

Love the look of the new BEYOND so looking at booking a Caribbean cruise in November or maybe in January of 2023...

The Retreat at 40% larger sounds great and Luminae with the front windows amazing...

Yes I am a Suite Gal😃

• Thanks 1

Questions about the Celebrity Suite in the Edge class ships:

From the images I've seen of Beyond, it looks like the bedroom door is a sliding type of panel door?  Is this the same on the Edge and Apex? 

If so, how is it for sound?  Would someone sleeping in the bedroom be disturbed by someone watching TV in the other room?

11 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

Just noticed some wording about the Retreat Sundeck in one of the marketing pieces. It mentions 6 cabanas located above the Edge Villas. I wonder if these cabanas are then exclusive to those Villas? They are not mentioned in any of the descriptions on the Edge Villa accommodations page.

Retreat Sundeck.JPG

We just asked Celebrity and they confirmed that the cabanas are for all suite guests to use and not just for the Edge villas.  Hope that helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm beginning to think its time for the Celebrity board to be split, one exclusively for suite Retreat guests and another board for the plebs. Has become a very two class line.

Edited by BigAl94
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, BigAl94 said:

I'm beginning to think its time for the Celebrity board to be split, one exclusively for suite Retreat guests and another board for the plebs. Has become a very two class line.

Just like the Titanic.

Have a price check today.What you pay for a concierge class on Edge class is more than a Sky suite 5 years ago.Is it worth? I used to pay $2700.00 per person for a Sky suite.

Edited by verizon
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, LGW59 said:

we have come so far in this pandemic, I can see the light.  Apparently we have a new "problem" the emcee Lisa decided to have assist in such a positive video, which seemed to address and correct the concerns of the cruisers who know "what is what", folks still gotta find a way to criticize no matter what,  wonder how a real problem would be handled.  I say thanks Celebrity, Lisa, Kelly, Nate, Jouin, job well done, you listened to your customers!

10 hours ago, LGW59 said:

🙄

My comment was not a criticism, merely an observation.

I'm excited about Beyond, and already booked. Are you? 🙄

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BigAl94 said:

if you fly on an airplane they business class.  Most resort hotels have a concierge floor.  Unless you have paid for that better airline seat or hotel floor, they are not letting you in there. I used to stay at full service Marriotts all the time - they just got too expensive so I dropped down a notch and am still happy 

X would not be devoting 40% more space to The Retreat if they weren't getting pax willing to pay that.  They also have AQ suites and they didn't just say "Lets try this"".  They found that people will pay more for privacy and service then stepping through the door and enjoying the big boat amenities 

They can't afford to be lumped in with Princess, HAL and NCL.  NCL does a suite area but they do a poor job in promoting it. X wants to make it better and bigger

• Like 1

16 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Good question. Since the Edge Villas have direct access to the Retreat sun deck, you could be right.

There is a new deck (#17) above the Villas.  The Villas 2nd floor door now exits to the new deck where Luminae is located.  There is also an unmarked area next to Villa 15100 on Deck 17.  Kitchen????

This change is not positive for a Villa unless direct access to the Luminae is better than direct access to the Retreat.

2 hours ago, tfred said:

if you fly on an airplane they business class.  Most resort hotels have a concierge floor.  Unless you have paid for that better airline seat or hotel floor, they are not letting you in there. I used to stay at full service Marriotts all the time - they just got too expensive so I dropped down a notch and am still happy 

X would not be devoting 40% more space to The Retreat if they weren't getting pax willing to pay that.  They also have AQ suites and they didn't just say "Lets try this"".  They found that people will pay more for privacy and service then stepping through the door and enjoying the big boat amenities 

They can't afford to be lumped in with Princess, HAL and NCL.  NCL does a suite area but they do a poor job in promoting it. X wants to make it better and bigger

Celebrity didn’t say let’s try this with Aqua  suites, they said “we tried this before.”  They changed them after a couple years to regular suites, makes me wonder why their trying something that didn’t work before.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sam.Seattle said:

There is a new deck (#17) above the Villas.  The Villas 2nd floor door now exits to the new deck where Luminae is located.  There is also an unmarked area next to Villa 15100 on Deck 17.  Kitchen????

This change is not positive for a Villa unless direct access to the Luminae is better than direct access to the Retreat.

They still have immediate access to the Retreat Sundeck though as the sundeck goes down to Deck 16 also. They don’t walk out from the cabin right onto the sundeck now but it’s just a very short walk and yes, direct access to Luminae as well. And from that Deck 16 portion of the sundeck are stairs down to the Retreat Lounge. So the Edge Villas are definitely the most conveniently located suites.

Edited by WonderMan3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sam.Seattle said:

I was wondering if that unmarked area might be the galley.

One of the problems that X discovered when Edge came out was that the galley for Luminae was way too small. This was supposed to be remedied when Apex was built. Considering Luminae on Beyond is even larger, it would make sense that that galley would be even larger.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Why yes I am going to critique the new build. We really liked the Edge and hopefully sail the APEX later this year, but had hoped to see some changes for the non suite passenger. Instead they made the suite life even better and increased some bars, neither apply to us. The biggest thing they don't have appeared to fix is an on deck forward facing view for the non suite guests. If the price is right on the beyond we will likely try it, but book a forward facing oceanview like we did on the Apex to get that view we like.

Like BigAl94 said, the E class is kind of a 2 class ship. Depending on which class you belong too suite or non suite you will be happy or unhappy with the changes on the beyond.

Edited by cgolf1

4 hours ago, dkjretired said:

Celebrity didn’t say let’s try this with Aqua  suites, they said “we tried this before.”  They changed them after a couple years to regular suites, makes me wonder why their trying something that didn’t work before.

either they lost that page in the book or they think that it will work now   I can see that the push is for for "business class seats" on new builds