Is anyone still booking cruises from the US for this year??

Just had my wonderful TA book us a 4 night on the Mariner for the end of September.  I was running out of cruises to get canceled.😇  Has anyone else recently booked a cruise departing from the US for the Fall of this year??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hello All,

We booked a cruise out of Cape Liberty for this September. We had one canceled last year and now that we are vaccinated we wanted to cruise again. We chose this one because we live in NJ and did not want to fly yet.

Why bother............do you just like lending your money for people to hold, if so send some my way..........and later on down the road I will or may pay you back when I get around to it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Yes, we are booked for late October on Princess for a 5 night to Cabo.  I'm putting off RCCL until next year, though.

As far as refunds go, I cancelled quite a few cruises for late this year and 1Q 2022, and both RCCL and Princess had my refunds to me within 30 days.  On top of that Chase bank sent a direct deposit for all of it to my checking account within 2 days after I requested it.

• Like 2

We have several booked for this Fall but were booked a long time ago. We will not book another cruise until there is an official start up and know more about the protocols that will actually be in place. Actually it looks like we will have at least 5 cruises cancelled between July and October - combination of B2B "rules" and anticipated start up dates being rolled further out.

The "Wizard Bank" will not be making any more loans to RCCL.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Just had my wonderful TA book us a 4 night on the Mariner for the end of September.  I was running out of cruises to get canceled.😇  Has anyone else recently booked a cruise departing from the US for the Fall of this year??

I've been booked up for this year for quite some time now. I'm now working on late 2022. If all goes well I'll see you on the Mariner in September. 😃

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Retired LEO said:

I've been booked up for this year for quite some time now. I'm now working on late 2022. If all goes well I'll see you on the Mariner in September. 😃

September 27th for us.  Last cruise for me was when I met you in Chops February 2020 I am way ready!!!  Have one in mid July (19th) but not too hopeful for that one

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, pcur said:

Yes, we are booked for late October on Princess for a 5 night to Cabo.

So are we! Oct. 27 - Nov 1!  I also booked the same one for July 5, 2021. I am waiting for that one to be cancelled. So far it is still showing as a go. Wishful thinking!  The only cruise I am 98% confident about  is the RCI Adventure July 17, 2021 sailing out of the Bahamas. 

• Like 1

My husband and I are booked on the Mariner for a B2B in August.  For a handful of years, we have cruised during our anniversary week, whether it is someplace new like Cuba or what I call the "no brainer" cruise of Nassau and CoCo Cay, where there isn't a lot of intense planning required.  LOL  When we booked, I was convinced that these would sail.  Lately,  I have been keeping my eye on the Bermuda and Nassau sailings and remain truly undecided on making the switch.  

We usually don’t book short cruises or Caribbean / Mexican Rivera cruises - but we just booked a Dec 16 4 night out of LA on Navigator.  We have had 3 cruises cancel (1 X and 2 RC) - took the money on X and FCC’s on RC.  Had a GS on a 17 day TA and a Jr S on a 12 day holy land cruise -  Used the FCC’s and booked a 14 day TA in an OS, and 6 night second leg to Venice (Balcony) and a Jr suite 7 day Alaska.  Still had $1400 left over and could not find any time before Sept 2022.  So booked the Jr suite on the 4 night.  I think there is still some left over.  

2 minutes ago, nancy2vues said:

Lately,  I have been keeping my eye on the Bermuda and Nassau sailings and remain truly undecided on making the switch.  

If it helps you, I hear that RCI is subsidizing airfare to Bermuda. Flights are as low as $99 RT from NJ/NY through Air2Sea. Check out the Royal Caribbean blog website for more info. 

12 minutes ago, nancy2vues said:

My husband and I are booked on the Mariner for a B2B in August.  For a handful of years, we have cruised during our anniversary week, whether it is someplace new like Cuba or what I call the "no brainer" cruise of Nassau and CoCo Cay, where there isn't a lot of intense planning required.  LOL  When we booked, I was convinced that these would sail.  Lately,  I have been keeping my eye on the Bermuda and Nassau sailings and remain truly undecided on making the switch.  

Your August B2B Mariner cruises are not looking good. We have an August B2B on Allure and are fearful that B2B's will be still on the CDC list of being banned. We had a B2B in July on Celebrity - they cancelled one of them at our final payment date. So you may want to prepare a plan "B".

We had 28 cruises booked almost 2 years ago, 26 cancelled already.  The last two are left for this year...still not sure will go...but have better hopes they might, being end of November, which are B2B Harmony.

If these get cancelled...it was a 100% across the board cancellation nightmare.  

Started booking again.....but they are all for 2022, and 2023.  

Four of our remaining 2021 cruises were booked before the pandemic hit. Two were L&S from RCL cancelled cruises which we B2B'd onto existing cruises. We're fully booked through 2023 at this point. We don't have any place left to put any more moved cruises. We've cancelled eight so far since the pandemic started, and have 16 left on the books.

Edited by orville99

1 minute ago, RFerrington said:

I still have 30 active bookings through July 2021 - March 2023.  12 of those are in 2021, 15 are in 2022 and 3 are in 2023.  Waiting....

Are any on the 2021 new bookings or are they all ones you have had for a while?

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

I moved my 2021 Prime cruise from June to sometime in the fall

5 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I had to book something to get over my urge to fly over to Nassau

That terminal in Nasaau is tough to deal with on a visit port day...I don't have any interest to cruise out of there as an embarkation port.  😮 

• Like 6