Can we talk about the important drink package issue

2 hours ago, zdad59 said:

Double bourbon and ginger ale for dinner.   The bourbon I prefer (1792, Blanton's, Elijah Craig) aren't offered so I usually settle for a Makers Mark or Woodford Reserve.

Cognac with evening cigar.

The occasional fruity drink.

Our traditional 1st drink for my gang is a Blue Hawaiian.   We are all Blue Hen parents.

30042876_BlueHawaiians.jpg.8d55ad32cf0bf38f088337294bc9c0ae.jpg

I'm a bourbon drinker and Bookers is my favorite, but I also like Knob Creek.  I don't care for overly sweet drinks - can do one or maybe two tropical drinks in a week.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, mek said:

I'm a bourbon drinker and Bookers is my favorite, but I also like Knob Creek.  I don't care for overly sweet drinks - can do one or maybe two tropical drinks in a week.

Bookers is quality stuff.   At 12 0proof,  its a stiff drink.

If you can get it where you are, give Bradshaw's bourbon a try.   I bought it on a lark.    Its made by Terry Bradshaw (or he lent his name to it).     I'm Pittsburgh born and raised so I felt obliged.  It's actually pretty tasty.    It's made to 51.9% alcohol.    51.9% is Bradshaw's career passing average.

3 hours ago, Baowen said:

Then I stick to sparking wine for most of the day.

haha I would be absolutely stonkered if I drank sparkling wine during the day.

Bloody Mary in the morning, beer during the day (or wine at lunch), gin in the afternoon and wine at dinner. Then some form of sweet cocktail for dessert!

cheers 😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zdad59 said:

If you can get it where you are, give Bradshaw's bourbon a try.   I bought it on a lark.    Its made by Terry Bradshaw (or he lent his name to it).     I'm Pittsburgh born and raised so I felt obliged.  It's actually pretty tasty.    It's made to 51.9% alcohol.    51.9% is Bradshaw's career passing average.

If Aaron Rodgers ever goes in the bourbon business, we are in trouble. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I like Crown Royal. Does the peach have much of an artificial flavor?

No, I don't think so at all. The peach is very subtle so it makes a nice shot on the rocks. I love it in tea or peach tea if available, very nice on a hot summer day!

1 minute ago, sailor05 said:

No, I don't think so at all. The peach is very subtle so it makes a nice shot on the rocks. I love it in tea or peach tea if available, very nice on a hot summer day!

That sounds good with tea. I’ll have to get some.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

For those that mentioned a BBC. I have never heard of it so I googled. Definitely going to be on my to try list. It sounds good. 🍹

It's very good! It tastes like a milkshake!  It's always my first drink on the ship

14 hours ago, Missusdubbya said:

haha I would be absolutely stonkered if I drank sparkling wine during the day.

Bloody Mary in the morning, beer during the day (or wine at lunch), gin in the afternoon and wine at dinner. Then some form of sweet cocktail for dessert!

cheers 😁

Well you covered them all just about! Vodka, Gin, wine, and most likely either a bourbon or rum for the swett drink! Nice. 

• Like 1

Bourbon is my got to drink. But while on a cruise I have always tried do mix it up daily.  Afterall it does make the bev pkg more fun and adventurous. I try to pick a particular type of liquor for the day and stick with it while trying different drinks within that liquor.. The bartenders are always very helpful. I just tell them what I'm doing and see what they suggest. 

Margarita Mondays (a Cucumber Jalepeno Margarita is awesomeness)

Tito's Tuesdays (vodka drinks)

Whiskey Wednesdays

and so forth...

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Bourbon is my got to drink. But while on a cruise I have always tried do mix it up daily.  Afterall it does make the bev pkg more fun and adventurous. I try to pick a particular type of liquor for the day and stick with it while trying different drinks within that liquor.. The bartenders are always very helpful. I just tell them what I'm doing and see what they suggest. 

Whiskey Wednesdays

and so forth...

Love it - I am going to try the same thing on our next cruise !!!

16 hours ago, zdad59 said:

That's interesting about Bradshaw's - will have to see if I can find it.

2 hours ago, Baowen said:

It's very good! It tastes like a milkshake!  It's always my first drink on the ship

Can I order a BBC and the bartender will know what I’m asking for or do I need to use the full name

Jameson and Ginger Ale. Mojitos, though I feel bad for bartenders because they’re annoying to make. One day it will be Stella Day. Fits nicely in the cup holder of a stroller. 

Kids are old enough we don’t need to take a stroller, but then I’d need to carry my own drink around. That just won’t do…

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DMac1983 said:

Jameson and Ginger Ale. Mojitos, though I feel bad for bartenders because they’re annoying to make. One day it will be Stella Day. Fits nicely in the cup holder of a stroller. 

Kids are old enough we don’t need to take a stroller, but then I’d need to carry my own drink around. That just won’t do…

I really enjoy Mojitos, but I ask the bartender to make them 1/2 as sweet as normal and then  they are perfect for me.

Cesars in the morning with Belvedere vodka, beers during the day (New Castle, Sierra Nevada Pale), G&T at happy hour with Tanqueray, wine with dinner then finish the evening off with a Jameson and a couple of Guinness. Repeat.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2021 at 3:37 PM, strickers said:

I always find the best policy is to start top left and work across. 

On 5/29/2021 at 3:24 PM, George C said:

Another great thing about drink package is it’s great to experiment, try something you never had , if you don’t like it just order something else.

On 5/29/2021 at 2:52 PM, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Whiskey Wednesdays

and so forth...

Pretty much all my favorite answers.

Variety is the spice of life.

• Like 2