Revamped Tier Levels Coming Soon

cruzsnooze

4 minutes ago, 2 cruises a year said:

And if I'm not mistaken, the OBC is one per cabin, not per person if both are Elite.

Not quite

Only one per cabin for husband and wife, not 2 solo's with un-attached CC numbers, and of course that each has the require number of cruises

Edited by srpilo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Alabaster Cruiser said:

I'm not familiar with this.  What perk is that?

There are loyalty onboard credits starting at the 21st cruise that you get on every cruise.  This isn't publicized on the Princess website but it's definitely a nice perk.

• From your 21st to 31th cruise - $25 onboard cabin credit

• From your 32st to 41th cruise - $50 onboard cabin credit

• From your 42nd to 51th cruise - $75 onboard cabin credit

• From your 52nd cruise on - $100 onboard cabin credit

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, srpilo said:

Not quite

Only one per cabin for husband and wife, not 2 solo's with un-attach CC numbers, and of course that each has the require number of cruises

We get one each because two different last names and unattached CC numbers and we both have same number of cruises at this point 30..  

9 minutes ago, pris993 said:

We get one each because two different last names and unattached CC numbers and we both have same number of cruises at this point 30..  

Yes exactly, that's what I said....

You'll have $25.00 each on your next and $50.00 each after your 31st.

Edited by srpilo
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, dog said:

I cannot see my elite benefits in Personalizer as of this am. 
just became elite. 
have premium plus package for next cruise with wifi, drinks. Won’t let them touch most of my clothes for laundry. 

OBC would be nice 

I can see the Captain circle benefits in the Personalizer.  Are you able to see them right now?

19 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Loyalty OBC as of my last cruise:

21-> 25 OBC 

31-> 50

No idea after that. Basically 2 glasses of wine 🍷 🍹. And yes, solos get there in 1/2 time but as said before we pay double 

Just curious ... what do the 21 and 31 signify?

11 minutes ago, Vic The Parrot said:

Just curious ... what do the 21 and 31 signify?

Cruise credits…one credit per cruise except for suite & solo passengers who receive 2 credits.

If booking a longer cruise that can be booked as shorter cruises you get a credit for each segment. I booked a 28 day cruise that could be booked as 7/7/14 days & received 3 cruise credits for my 28 day booking.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ombud said:

25obc beginning with 21st cruise, 50 obc after 31st cruise

Oh ok, thanks. 

As a new kid on the block, I'm still unfamiliar with some of the jargon on the Princess board. 

(Still so much to learn! 🤯

Appreciate your help.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Cruise credits…one per cruise except for suite & solo passengers who receive 2 credits.

2 credits for solos .. not too shabby. 

But that reminds me. I should contact them about my sudden promotion to Ruby, even though I only sailed once. 

15 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Cruise credits…one credit per cruise except for suite & solo passengers who receive 2 credits.

If booking a longer cruise that can be booked as shorter cruises you get a credit for each segment. I booked a 28 day cruise that could be booked as 7/7/14 days & received 3 cruise credits for my 28 day booking.

Or 3 credits for solo in a suite.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, pms4104 said:

Heck, before sailing restarts soon, thdy could announce that anyone who has not sailed for 12 months will be reset to zero.  Fair or not?

Since Princess has been closed down for 15 months, that would really solve the problem of too many people at any level.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I hope the number of free internet minutes is increased for elite and the new tier. Platinum could stay the same causing no complaints and this is something that costs Princess nothing as a perk.

Another thread has a Princess blurb that indicates Platinum/Elite passengers will get 50% off the unlimited Internet pricing. Did not indicate whether or not free minutes would continue to be offered.

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

Loyalty OBC as of my last cruise:

21-> 25 OBC 

31-> 50

No idea after that. Basically 2 glasses of wine 🍷 🍹. And yes, solos get there in 1/2 time but as said before we pay double 

It is also once per booking number, so a B2B booked with one booking number means getting it just once, but if the B2B was booked with a booking number for each segment would get it twice.

10 hours ago, dog said:

frequent flier miles with Aeroplan Air Canada have been worth it to me. 1-2 business class seats to Europe each year. I have flexibility & always pay with credit card where possible. 

That’s a whole lot more impressive than a free load of laundry and some tiny airplane bottles of booze 😉

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I can see the Captain circle benefits in the Personalizer.  Are you able to see them right now?

The Princess website is having technical difficulties tonight I will check again when it is fixed 

• Like 2

Princess set the bar too low for elite status. I’ve been on a cruise where there were 1400 elite pax. No priority embarkation and disembarkation. Although elite, when we were checking in, we joined the “blue” line and checked in an hour ahead of the very long “priority” queue.

Again, as previously stated, when everybody is elite, nobody is elite.

We’ve done nearly 1400 days on Princess on 82 cruises and get the same perks as a pax with 151 days (apart from extra OBC and Captain's lunch).

However we cruise because we love cruising not for the perks.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, dog said:

frequent flier miles with Aeroplan Air Canada have been worth it to me. 1-2 business class seats to Europe each year. I have flexibility & always pay with credit card where possible. 

1000% agree. I've been an Aeroplan member since its inception and IIRC I have only paid cash for an airline ticket once or twice in that time. We routinely fly to Florida or LA two or three times a year on points and only pay a few hundred for the taxes and surcharges, probably a quarter to a fifth of what we would pay for a "real" fare. And the new revamped Aeroplan has turned out to be even better, far more seat availability for fewer points.

10 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

1000% agree. I've been an Aeroplan member since its inception and IIRC I have only paid cash for an airline ticket once or twice in that time. We routinely fly to Florida or LA two or three times a year on points and only pay a few hundred for the taxes and surcharges, probably a quarter to a fifth of what we would pay for a "real" fare. And the new revamped Aeroplan has turned out to be even better, far more seat availability for fewer points.

We combined account with family this year and used miles to pay for taxes, fees, fully changeable/ refundable fares. Need to be flexible and smart to make the most of reward programs. 
I just became elite- priority tender would have been nice for Falklands 2 cruises ago. minibar, discounts on-board would be nice 

Edited by dog

12 hours ago, Thrak said:

We made Elite after 13 cruises due to days at sea. Then we did one cruise as Elite and the next 5 booked cruises were cancelled due to the stupid virus. Our next 3 that are booked for January 2022 are going to get cancelled as well. We're still hoping our cruise in May of 2022 will happen. 

Why do you think the January 2022 cruises are going to be cancelled?  Is it just being cynical or do you think the CSO will be extended?