2 Test Positive

1 hour ago, Plum Happy said:

So, they are following the CLIA and CDC guidelines for unvaccinated cruisers.

Are they, or is it just that the legal guidance being followed is similar to CDC guidance?

It seems that only 2 passengers testing positive shows the protocols work for fully vaccinated cruises.  We know you can still get covid after vaccination, but more rare for a vaccinated person.  I am more concerned when they open up to non vaccinated cruisers.  There is an increased chance of an actual outbreak among non vaccinated (along with some vaccinated as well).  And that could then lead to more cruise cancellations and ports denying access.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, reney313 said:

It seems that only 2 passengers testing positive shows the protocols work for fully vaccinated cruises

How do we know the passengers never lied about getting vaccinated? People will you know.

4 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

How do we know the passengers never lied about getting vaccinated? People will you know.

Breakthrough infections are possible. The vast majority of them are asymptomatic. Instead accepting this most likely scenario, why chose to suggest unethical activity by the victims?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, broberts said:

Breakthrough infections are possible. The vast majority of them are asymptomatic. Instead accepting this most likely scenario, why chose to suggest unethical activity by the victims?

All the discussion on here about people might lie and how easy it might be and you think no one would actually do it?

On 6/11/2021 at 12:02 PM, BSocial said:

no.  Just read Celebrity’s website.  This is just a subset

If you test positive for COVID-19 during the cruise, Celebrity Cruises will cover the costs of COVID-19 related medical treatment onboard, any required land-based quarantine, and travel home for you and your Traveling Party”

What happens if it is found out that positive people (not necessarily these two on the Millie) provided forged vaccination proof? I would hope the cruise line does not cover any expenses that people incur as a result of testing positive.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

What happens if it is found out that positive people (not necessarily these two on the Millie) provided forged vaccination proof? I would hope the cruise line does not cover any expenses that people incur as a result of testing positive.

Better thing for the cruise line to do and state they will do is to ban for life plus share their details with all the other cruise lines data protection be damned so people are banned from every line in the world so banned from cruising forever more.

Breakthrough positives are common enough that my very well regarded academic medical center employer advises against testing vaccinated people unless symptomatic. I spent an entire day in close contact with a vaccinated coworker who tested positive after realizing she was having symptoms that day. I chose to be tested although our employer said it wasn't necessary and I could continue working. I was negative but I learned a lot through the experience. Shortly after this experience the CDC changed the definition of "breakthrough" covid. The term requires symptoms to be present. I hope someday soon, travel will truly be open for the vaccinated, with no testing required. Until then, be really careful on the way to your ship. Good masks, worn continuously on the plane and ground transport, no exceptions. You can pick this up, feel fine, and test positive, even though you were fully vaccinated. It appears transmission from this group is not happening and that should be what drives testing.

• Like 2

I heard rumors that they have no tested negative. I am not sure if it’s true. I absolutely believe in breakthrough positivity rates but I also curious how many days a person will test positive without the symptoms before they test negative.

4 hours ago, reney313 said:

It seems that only 2 passengers testing positive shows the protocols work for fully vaccinated cruises.  We know you can still get covid after vaccination, but more rare for a vaccinated person.  I am more concerned when they open up to non vaccinated cruisers.  There is an increased chance of an actual outbreak among non vaccinated (along with some vaccinated as well).  And that could then lead to more cruise cancellations and ports denying access.  

Nah,the infection rate across america is about 1% or less and that means the virus is having less and less hosts to cling onto to. There is a point that when most people are vaccinated there wont be very many unvaccinated getting covid or any virus for that matter. Thats why herd immunity is always taked about. Once you have that 60% vaccinated plus people that have had covid its extremely unlikely to catch covid. There wont be any big outbreaks on the ships. Nearly impossible.

44 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

Breakthrough positives are common enough that my very well regarded academic medical center employer advises against testing vaccinated people unless symptomatic. I spent an entire day in close contact with a vaccinated coworker who tested positive after realizing she was having symptoms that day. I chose to be tested although our employer said it wasn't necessary and I could continue working. I was negative but I learned a lot through the experience. Shortly after this experience the CDC changed the definition of "breakthrough" covid. The term requires symptoms to be present. I hope someday soon, travel will truly be open for the vaccinated, with no testing required. Until then, be really careful on the way to your ship. Good masks, worn continuously on the plane and ground transport, no exceptions. You can pick this up, feel fine, and test positive, even though you were fully vaccinated. It appears transmission from this group is not happening and that should be what drives testing.

Thank you. I wish more people would understand this

On 6/12/2021 at 2:46 PM, SeaHunt said:

Maybe only if you come up positive 😉

I read this on the Celebrity board about the Millennium sailing - so who knows if RCI will be the same - but check this as to if you test positive onboard. First time I have seen this info put into action: 

(quote snipped by me to keep only the info relevant to my post)

image.png.ddf3f217c019438bb8501ef1ba139662.png

Yes, I either read about this protocol on another thread a couple weeks ago or on the royal faq section.    

3 hours ago, coffeebean said:

😉 I dunno if it would apply here, but the cruiselaw guy does say this :

"The cruise line’s “ROYAL CARIBBEAN GROUP REFUND* AND CANCELLATION POLICY FOR COVID-19contains language permitting the company to deny paying for or providing assistance “of any kind” when it determines that guest failed “to comply with the RCG COVID-19 Policies and Procedures in effect at the time of the cruise. 

https://www.cruiselawnews.com/2021/06/articles/disease/who-pays-for-medical-expenses-and-flights-back-home-when-guests-aboard-royal-caribbean-cruise-ships-test-positive-for-covid-19/

2 hours ago, mavo68 said:

I heard rumors that they have no tested negative. I am not sure if it’s true. I absolutely believe in breakthrough positivity rates but I also curious how many days a person will test positive without the symptoms before they test negative.

I've heard both -- tested negative on second test and tested positive on second test.  Hope there is clarification.  I'll watch the media and social media.  However, if there is any spread beyond these two passengers, the Media will blow it out of proportion and we will all hear about it.  

13 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

I've heard both -- tested negative on second test and tested positive on second test.  Hope there is clarification.  I'll watch the media and social media.

I would like to know which vaccine they had.

1 hour ago, SherriZ366 said:

I've heard both -- tested negative on second test and tested positive on second test.  Hope there is clarification.  I'll watch the media and social media.  However, if there is any spread beyond these two passengers, the Media will blow it out of proportion and we will all hear about it.  

The PCR test came back negative for both. 
you won’t find it talked about in any MSM however. 

Edited by not-enough-cruising

4 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

Shortly after this experience the CDC changed the definition of "breakthrough" covid.

Yep, and had the CDC used the same definition of a case the last 15 months as they chose to use for breakthrough cases now, this pandemic would have been over months ago.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Yep, and had the CDC used the same definition of a case the last 15 months as they chose to use for breakthrough cases now, this pandemic would have been over months ago.

You really think icu running over 95% occupancy wouldn't have been noticed? How about the refrigerator trucks?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, broberts said:

You really think icu running over 95% occupancy wouldn't have been noticed? How about the refrigerator trucks?

ICUs aren't supposed to be empty. And yes ,many of the people in the hospital "with covid" wouldn't have been in "with covid" as they'd just be in for whatever run of the mill disease that was really causing their problems

• Like 5
  • Haha 1