Covid on Adventure

Just read on a blog from the ship that the teens were unvaccinated; one is asymptomatic and one has mild symptoms. The vaccinated parents tested negative. Teens and parents disembarked at Freeport, to return home to Florida. All contacts tested and negative. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Well this is actually great news.  It also shoots down the theory that non-vaxed people will ruin cruise vacations by ending the entire cruise! News like this will create a few additinal bookings for Royal.

Sacrificial lambs, if you will.

Actually great way to get home😇

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Just read on a blog from the ship that the teens were unvaccinated; one is asymptomatic and one has mild symptoms. The vaccinated parents tested negative. Teens and parents disembarked at Freeport, to return home to Florida. All contacts tested and negative. 

I guess Royal chartered a flight home for the family(families).     That's not cheap!

3 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Well this is actually great news.  It also shoots down the theory that non-vaxed people will ruin cruise vacations by ending the entire cruise! News like this will create a few additinal bookings for Royal.

It is definitely good news that it didn't shut down the whole cruise! I'm worried what will happen when they get closer to capacity (I'm sailing on it early August). 2 people.... 1 cabin... not a big deal. What happens if it is 8 people in 4 cabins? The good news (for me) is that the vaccination age lowers by the time I cruise so a higher percentage will be vaccinated. But more people... more risk. I'm trying to be optimistic because I want so badly for their protocols to be successful! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

It only suggests that a mere two cases discovered late in the cruise is lower than the threshold required to end the cruise prematurely. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

It was on day 6 and could have easily been much sooner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sandebeach said:

How are they returning to the US without negative tests?  Can’t fly in without them.  Assuming they are quarantining in Bahamas until kids test negative. 

Edited by harkinmr
  • Like 2

Great numbers.  Only 2 passengers.  Both unvaccinated but the vaccinated passengers with them were negative.  Such a great example of the power of the vaccinations.

It really has saved the cruise industry.  Numbers came out for May Covid  deaths 18,000 unfortunate souls. 150 out of the 18,000 deaths were breakthrough vaccinated people. We are definately headed in the right direction. .8% of Covid deaths are vaccinated the rest are unvaccinated.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

It was on day 6 and could have easily been much sooner.

All passengers disembarking are tested on Day 6 or Day 7 (depending on when they can get an appointment). That is the only test. 

If it was like last week, many of the unvaccinated passengers did not properly follow mask protocols. 

Contact tracing on the Adventure of the Seas uses a facial recognition system to track people that have been close to the subjects.

Almost all passengers were tested on Day 6 or 7. Close contacts were probably retested. Along with crew (e.g., dining room, buffet, teen club staff, etc) would have to be tested also. And if Royal was doing a good job, they would PCR test close contact crew and isolate them until the results came back. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Chartered flights still need a negative test to fly back. Not sure how they managed that. 

I forgot about that US rule, I wonder how they managed that too.

I hate to say it, but let's hope no one else from that cruise tests positive after they get home. 

• Like 4

Apparently you can fly by private plane back to the US. From M. Bayley's social media post:

Michael Bayley 2h  · 

Today, two kids sailing on Adventure of the Seas tested positive for COVID after routine testing required before returning home. �
Both guests, under the age of 16 and unvaccinated, were immediately quarantined. One guest is asymptomatic, and the other guest is experiencing mild symptoms.��Those in their immediate travel party are vaccinated and have tested negative. All close contacts were quickly identified and tested. All are vaccinated and tested negative.
The guests and their travel party disembarked today in Freeport, The Bahamas and are on their way home to Florida. (Private flight arranged by RCL)
Ninety-two percent of our guests on Adventure are fully vaccinated and the remaining 8% are under 16 years old. One hundred percent of our crew are fully vaccinated."
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I forgot about that US rule, I wonder how they managed that too.

I hate to say it, but let's hope no one else from that cruise tests positive after they get home. 

That is a concern especially with a slowing vaccination rate.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Apparently you can fly by private plane back to the US. From M. Bayley's social media post:

Michael Bayley 2h  · 

Today, two kids sailing on Adventure of the Seas tested positive for COVID after routine testing required before returning home. �
Both guests, under the age of 16 and unvaccinated, were immediately quarantined. One guest is asymptomatic, and the other guest is experiencing mild symptoms.��Those in their immediate travel party are vaccinated and have tested negative. All close contacts were quickly identified and tested. All are vaccinated and tested negative.
The guests and their travel party disembarked today in Freeport, The Bahamas and are on their way home to Florida. (Private flight arranged by RCL)
Ninety-two percent of our guests on Adventure are fully vaccinated and the remaining 8% are under 16 years old. One hundred percent of our crew are fully vaccinated."

Private flight or otherwise you need a negative test to fly back to the US. My husband flies for a private charter company and he has to verify negative tests to bring any passenger back to the US.  

Edited by harkinmr