Diamond Benefits Question

32 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We're picking up 400+ points on our booked cruises that qualify for dbl points

Nice.  We only have 34 pts on booked cruises as of now.  9 will go towards getting to diamond.  I can see us booking more before double points end but probably not enough for diamond+.  Not planning to chase diamond+ but we are going to enjoy a brisk jog towards it.👟

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

And just what are you going to do with another 400 points? Is there another level in the works?

Free cruise every 350 points after 700.  😇

Once you hit 1400, the free cruise is in a JS.😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

diamond members get 4 drinks each night,diamond plus get 5 drinks,pinnacle get 6 drinks,pinnacle members get access to the concierge club or suite club,diamond and diamond plus only get access to the diamond club only,also diamond and diamond plus no longer get access to priority boarding on and off the ship,thats all royal carribean ships,unless you buy a junior suite and above,apparently loyalty doesn't mean anything anymore,unless you are a pinnacle member or buy a suite,and have deep pockets,its funny members that have stayed loyal in the bad and good times,just don't count anymore,royal is now driven by bigger ships and people with very deep pockets,might i add the suite guests get free grog in the suite lounge with pinnacle members,and all the perks that diamond and diamond plus get now and more,so does it pay i don't think so,in my opinion,crown and anchor with royal carribean has become a very private club just for pinnacle members and grand suite guests and above,no longer for loyal guests.

my i also add that we have noticed on the quantum of the seas in the diamond lounge you order your drinks but you never see what is actually being poured into your glass,it is done some where else,thats not good,they need to change that very quick smart,i like to see what is going into my glass,don't you .

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, doway said:

my i also add that we have noticed on the quantum of the seas in the diamond lounge you order your drinks but you never see what is actually being poured into your glass,it is done some where else,thats not good,they need to change that very quick smart,i like to see what is going into my glass,don't you .

Nope, doesn't bother me in the least. If you order a drink in the MDR, in the theater, from a server at the pool, from a server at Cococay... you don't see your drink made. They go to a bar and come back with it.

If it's that big of a concern to you, you should only order from bars you walk up to yourself and wait.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 4

Hi All,

Don't forget as Diamond members you now get 4 free drinks per day to use at almost any bar at any time (except Bionic and Rising Tide IIRC) and these are limited to $14 which means you can have the drink of day cocktail and anything else on the shelf within the $14 limit instead of a small selection between 5pm and 8pm (when you wanted to get ready for dinner!)

There is not another cruise line that offers this sort of perk that I can think of and it is possible if you are not a big drinker and don't buy the drinks package then you can actually drink nearly $400 worth of drinks on a 7 day cruise alone for Diamond members and $490 for Diamond Plus members. 

Don't forget the welcome aboard meeting and other top tier events throughout the cruise too that give away free booze!.

I say let the rich have their grand suites (if that keeps the prices down for the rest of us) and let the Pinnacles join them in the Concierge lounge as that makes more room in the Diamond lounge for Diamond and Diamond Plus members to meet up for a coffee and have a nice little chat with some nice ordinary people who are happy to be away cruising and happy to be part of a great little group called the C&A brigade!.

With regard to drinks, if you now use the drinks vouchers at bars, you can normally see what they are doing. If you have any suspicions and really want to test them out, ask for a Jack Daniels (or something like it) neat and see how they react!

Don't forget as Diamond members we also get 1 free photo each worth $20, something that can get overlooked, but always worth having some nice photo's taken and we normally try and find a photographer that will take our picture against part of the real ship instead of fake backgrounds, but its up to you, but remember you get a free photo from Diamond onwards and not Diamond Plus as some have thought in the past.

Bon Voyage!

Mick.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mick B said:

Don't forget as Diamond members we also get 1 free photo each worth $20

As frugal D members (approaching D+), we always take pictures just so we can spend some time finding "2 good ones" to use our freebies on... then they get tossed in a drawer likely never to be seen again. 🤣 Some day my wife will replace the super old cruise photos of us and extended family with more recent ones.

Edited by OCSC Mike

3 hours ago, doway said:

diamond and diamond plus no longer get access to priority boarding on and off the ship,thats all royal carribean ships,unless you buy a junior suite and above,apparently loyalty doesn't mean anything anymore

Every time I've boarded in Galveston they called diamond plus to board right after they cleared the suites etc. 

When is the last time you boarded in texas. .. I've seen priority boarding.

12 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

As frugal D members (approaching D+), we always take pictures just so we can spend some time finding "2 good ones" to use our freebies on... then they get tossed in a drawer likely never to be seen again. 🤣 Some day my wife will replace the super old cruise photos of us and extended family with more recent ones.

I can't tell you how many pics I have around the house and in a box of Dan and I "life ring" photos.  Now if I use my freebie I just get a digital one

3 hours ago, doway said:

No, I do not need to see them make my drink.  If you do, you can simply use your voucher at a different bar; you have the option to carry that drink into the DL if you want to check to small bites, ask the concierge a question or talk to fellow loyalty members…or just stay at the other bar where there might be live music or an interesting crowd.  The vouchers open up your choices; enjoy 

26 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I can't tell you how many pics I have around the house and in a box of Dan and I "life ring" photos.  Now if I use my freebie I just get a digital one

I can imagine. We're not big picture people. The one time we made sure to take tons of pictures was our 18 day land/sea trip to Alaska in 2018. That accounts for 90% of the pictures I have saved on my phone.

My sister-in-law, however, is nuts about pictures and buys a giant photo package every family cruise. I was in her RC account yesterday checking something as I was booking shows for all 8 of us  (reservations had just opened for our 6/4 on Wonder) and saw she had already purchased it a while ago for $149. She doesn't follow CC or cruise as much as we do so when I told her people were freaking out b/c Royal doubled the price and whatever she bought was now $299 she had quite the reaction.

This is totally random, but since I'm responding, I found a really long review I wrote after a 2017 Oasis cruise (without pictures, it looks like a dissertation)... and you were the first one to comment on it (positively of course). 🙂 Just thought I'd share.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cigar King said:

So a year later you respond to a post with information that's easily searchable?

If everyone searched, CC would become kinda boring and the post whores would be disappointed.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Cigar King said:

So a year later you respond to a post with information that's easily searchable?

Sadly, I find that nothing is "easily searchable" on this site.  I really hate asking a question that I am sure there are already answers to, but I can't find any pertinent results. If I'm searching for something that I KNOW has been asked a bazillion times, I put in what I think is a good question and get too many results that have one word that I used, but no result for what I wanted/was trying to ask, so I rephrase my question again and again and finally give up!  I need a tutorial in how to "search" for an answer. 😝

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Limit the search to titles only in the RCI section.

8 hours ago, Cigar King said:

Use Google to do the search.  Just add "site:boards.cruisecritic.com " to your search.

I will give both of these a try!  Thank you!!!

OK, so I can't make this work.  I told my friend who has never cruised that she and her husband need to keep their phones in airplane mode while the ship is sailing so as not to incur roaming charges.  She asked if bluetooth is separate from internet and cell service charges.  Her husband has his hearing aids connected to his phone via bluetooth.  I told her I didn't think they needed an internet package and I didn't think it would go against any cell phone service, BUT I wanted to confirm this.  I have tried to search using both of the above methods but I am still getting all sorts of other info that uses one of the words but not what I am asking. I can't find an answer to this.  Biker and Cigar King, can you help me? I'm sorry to be so lame... ☹️

1 hour ago, alex_drew said:

OK, so I can't make this work.  I told my friend who has never cruised that she and her husband need to keep their phones in airplane mode while the ship is sailing so as not to incur roaming charges.  She asked if bluetooth is separate from internet and cell service charges.  Her husband has his hearing aids connected to his phone via bluetooth.  I told her I didn't think they needed an internet package and I didn't think it would go against any cell phone service, BUT I wanted to confirm this.  I have tried to search using both of the above methods but I am still getting all sorts of other info that uses one of the words but not what I am asking. I can't find an answer to this.  Biker and Cigar King, can you help me? I'm sorry to be so lame... ☹️

If you want to ask a certain poster put @ and then start typing their name so they get a alert.

@twangsterseems to know about IT and might know about hearing aides connected to blue tooth if anyone does. 

@Biker19is how you ask him a question so he might see it.

PS I cant search these boards either, dont feel bad. 

On 5/5/2023 at 6:53 AM, doway said:

Hmmmm. we hardly ever watch a bartender pour a drink. We are always getting drinks from waiters. If it bothers you, go have a drink poured at a bar and bring it into the club.