Not quite Ready -- How far off are you pushing your cruises ?

1 hour ago, nybumpkin said:

The one constant theme I heard from other pax: "I'm so glad we can travel again!"

The theme should have been about cruising again since air travel and all inclusives have been open for the past year.  Hope you had a good time with the 58 other passengers.

@BoozinCroozin “We are in Nov 2021. I just wish NCL, RCL, and CCL would wake up to what is happening in the world and to acknowledge that there is a financial impact if they let the Delta variant impact sailing. I am 99.99% confident cruising and travel can be safe for vaccinated passengers.”

Agree completely.  The ships leaving from the southern US are in some of the lowest vaccinated areas and every day we are hearing of previous antivaxers being in the hospital now urging everyone to get the vaccine.  

I’m booked for later in August and I’m not feeling very confident it will sail.  If Delta gets on board and there are 100 unvaccinated people, it will be a cluster. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, caugh51654 said:

@BoozinCroozin “We are in Nov 2021. I just wish NCL, RCL, and CCL would wake up to what is happening in the world and to acknowledge that there is a financial impact if they let the Delta variant impact sailing. I am 99.99% confident cruising and travel can be safe for vaccinated passengers.”

Agree completely.  The ships leaving from the southern US are in some of the lowest vaccinated areas and every day we are hearing of previous antivaxers being in the hospital now urging everyone to get the vaccine.  

I’m booked for later in August and I’m not feeling very confident it will sail.  If Delta gets on board and there are 100 unvaccinated people, it will be a cluster. 

Yup, why we won't sail out if Florida but have chosen to sail on the Panorama out of California in August where vaccines are required, 

Originally our first cruises were the middle of October,  a B2B on the Miracle followed by the Panorama,  but we got an offer we couldn't refuse so we're on the Horizon August 21st. 😎

On 6/30/2021 at 11:02 PM, VentureMan_2000 said:

We had six Carnival cruises booked before Covid.  Four have been cancelled.  The last two were B2B's starting September 19 out of NOLA.

We rescheduled these two September Carnival cruises out of NOLA to April 2024, still keeping a B2B, and basically the same itinerary.

How far into the future do y'all feel comfortable cruising again ?

Now if I could. Ours isnt until March but Id be stepping on this weekends cruise if I could have made it work.

just canceled September Mardi Gras 

live in Denver where just released numbers says 50% are vaccinated  - but if you go out, 90% are not wearing masks

unvaccinated are going out putting elderly and people with pre-existing conditions at risk - all because they think enough are vaccinated to excuse their stupidity

we wish you all good luck, but know that the Delta variant will take over and we will have to hear you'll complain about your selves our your love ones getting sick - but not acknowledging your lack of vaccinations 🙄

• Like 2

It has nothing to do with being uncomfortable.  Just got tired of booking and having every one canceled.

Booked for a Journey's on Legend for 1/8/23. Hope that one works out (LOL)

If things start moving along I'd book something before 2023 but until then, no more bookings,

We were originally booked for January 2022 but we moved it back to January 2023. I’m ready, but I have 2 year old twins and I’d really like them to be able to get vaccinated before we go. Our pediatrician seems to think the vaccine will be available for everyone 2 and up by thanksgiving, but she’s just speculating and I didn’t want to take that risk or struggle to get an exemption and not get approved. We’re happy to wait. 
As far as being comfortable, if it were my husband and I by ourselves, I’d be on that ship tomorrow! 

On 7/1/2021 at 4:34 AM, BoozinCroozin said:

I am 99.99% confident cruising and travel can be safe for vaccinated passengers. 

apparently so is CCL otherwise they wouldnt be starting with just vaccinated cruises im guessing

• Like 1

Would of been on the Horizon this weekend if we could of made it work last minute. Balcony for $600 plus $200 OBC was almost too good to pass up until I saw the price of airfare. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Yup, why we won't sail out if Florida but have chosen to sail on the Panorama out of California in August where vaccines are required, 

Vaccines are required to sail out of Florida right now and it's not like California is way ahead in vaccination rate.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, caugh51654 said:

There are only 147 vaccinated out of 2900 on the Vista and most of them are traveling separately so they won't even come in contact with another unvaccinated person. 

Edited by lobster1313

12 minutes ago, lobster1313 said:

There are only 147 vaccinated out of 2900 on the Vista and most of them are traveling separately so they won't even come in contact with another unvaccinated person. 

I dont think they’re sailing full but that is a low vaxed number.  Hope all goes well and everyone has a great cruise!  The industry needs that!

1 minute ago, caugh51654 said:

I dont think they’re sailing full but that is a low vaxed number.  Hope all goes well and everyone has a great cruise!  The industry needs that!

I am not going til the 7/10 but so far in the roll call all the exceptions have been for kids. There are a number of adults have posted that they're waiting on a decision from Carnival.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lobster1313 said:

I am not going til the 7/10 but so far in the roll call all the exceptions have been for kids. There are a number of adults have posted that they're waiting on a decision from Carnival.

That does make sense since for children under 12, it was not a voluntary decision not to be vaccinated. For adults, it would be voluntary unless there was a medical reason not to receive their vaccinations.

On 7/2/2021 at 4:07 AM, caugh51654 said:

For all of these reasons, if we had an unvaccinated child with us under age 12, I don't think we'd want to chance it. I feel the risk is relatively low of the little one both catching this daggone stupid virus aboard a mostly vaxxed ship, and getting any major symptoms if they do, but when considering the risk to the wellbeing of my offspring, I choose what I believe the safest option.  Further I don't really want to the be the family written up after the fact in the media as having caused an outbreak.  And finally I don't want the cruise lines to run into another bad situation and have to pause again and feel we somehow added to that situation.

2 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

For all of these reasons, if we had an unvaccinated child with us under age 12, I don't think we'd want to chance it. I feel the risk is relatively low of the little one both catching this daggone stupid virus aboard a mostly vaxxed ship, and getting any major symptoms if they do, but when considering the risk to the wellbeing of my offspring, I choose what I believe the safest option.  Further I don't really want to the be the family written up after the fact in the media as having caused an outbreak.  And finally I don't want the cruise lines to run into another bad situation and have to pause again and feel we somehow added to that situation.

And those all sound like very good reasons.

• Thanks 1

I wish I had more accrued vacation (and probably a little more saved up for vacation).  We’re staying a week at a VRBO at the end on July near Gatlinburg with family.  Then the DW & my 6 day Horizon cruise is mid-September.  

That leaves me with 0.5 days left of accrued vacation!  We never stopped traveling during the pandemic.  Just took extra precautions.

• Like 1