Aztrasenica vaccine not accepted by RCCL

My husband and I took part in the aztrasenica trials. He got the real vaccines and has a vaccine card, while I received the placebos. I later got Moderna. We called RCCL yesterday to ask, and after being put on hold were told that proof of aztrasenica is not an acceptable vaccine so he would be subject to non vaccinated protocols! Luckily we don't sail until August 15th. But now he is concerned about having two sets of vaccines close together. Just a heads up@

1 minute ago, Sianli said:

My husband and I took part in the aztrasenica trials. He got the real vaccines and has a vaccine card, while I received the placebos. I later got Moderna. We called RCCL yesterday to ask, and after being put on hold were told that proof of aztrasenica is not an acceptable vaccine so he would be subject to non vaccinated protocols! Luckily we don't sail until August 15th. But now he is concerned about having two sets of vaccines close together. Just a heads up@

Call back, you will get a different answer

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Sianli said:

AZ is accepted as it is WHO approved.

Vaccines that are fully approved or authorized for emergency use by a national regulatory authority (such as the U.S. FDA), or global health organization (such as the World Health Organization) are accepted. Please be aware that certain countries we sail from or visit during a voyage may require a specific vaccine, and only those travelers vaccinated with the requisite vaccine will be considered fully vaccinated. Be sure to review your departure country's requirements or consult our guest materials prior to sailing for these requirements.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

AZ is accepted as it is WHO approved.

Vaccines that are fully approved or authorized for emergency use by a national regulatory authority (such as the U.S. FDA), or global health organization (such as the World Health Organization) are accepted. Please be aware that certain countries we sail from or visit during a voyage may require a specific vaccine, and only those travelers vaccinated with the requisite vaccine will be considered fully vaccinated. Be sure to review your departure country's requirements or consult our guest materials prior to sailing for these requirements.

He did explain it was WHO approved and was put on hold twice for several minutes before he was told not accepted. We will call tomorrow and email to hopefully get a different answer in writing.Thank you! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Call back, you will get a different answer

We will. Hopefully we can get an email answered to have this in writing. Guess he will cancel the appt he made for Pfizer today.

1 minute ago, Sianli said:

He did explain it was WHO approved and was put on hold twice for several minutes before he was told not accepted. We will call tomorrow and email to hopefully get a different answer in writing.Thank you! 

Tell them to read their own website.  Heres the link

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-vaccines-are-accepted

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Tell them to read their own website.  Heres the link

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-vaccines-are-accepted

Where are you sailing to? The country may not accept AZ.

Per the website link above, the may be further restrictions based on destinations.  

Bottom line, get a full explanation of why AZ isn't accepted, not just a "NO".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dat Cruisin Couple said:

Where are you sailing to? The country may not accept AZ.

Per the website link above, the may be further restrictions based on destinations.  

Bottom line, get a full explanation of why AZ isn't accepted, not just a "NO".

Unless every country on your trip was not accepting it all that it would do is prevent you from disembarking in that particular country

29 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Another good example of why not to rely on answers from 15.00/hour "reps".  They don't have all the answers nor should they.

They should have all the answers and if they don’t they should be able to get them. Doesn’t matter how much they make or don’t passengers should be able to get the correct info. 🙄

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Sianli said:

Incorrect information. 

I would draft an email to Bailey with a subject line having AstraZeneca Vaccine question.  I think an uneducated phone rep had no idea how many countries are using that vaccine.  Besides you  may get an uneducated check in agent so having a reply from the top with help.  They do answer if you have an issue like this.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

They should have all the answers and if they don’t they should be able to get them. Doesn’t matter how much they make or don’t passengers should be able to get the correct info. 🙄

I would say that management should have provided the reps will all the information and told them were to ask for further information. My experience has been when lower level employees fail at their jobs it is usually the fault of poor training by management or poor hiring by HR. 

Of course, in this case the rep could be 100% correct that the vaccine made by astrasenica is not approved. The one by AstraZeneca is though.  😉

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 5

I have gotten fast accurate responses from sending Messengers to Michael Bayley on Facebook. He is the CEO and his reps who answer the questions are great.  I had a problem with what a rep was telling me and they had their rep call me to answer my questions.  

3 hours ago, Sianli said:

We will. Hopefully we can get an email answered to have this in writing. Guess he will cancel the appt he made for Pfizer today.

I'm not sure that is a good idea to double up on different vaccines.   I would definitely ask a doctor before doing that.  Plus AZ should be just fine with Royal.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

Since most of the employees on board are from foreign nations that are not able to get Moderna, and SOME may be able to get Pfizer, aren't they mostly getting the AZ Vaccine?!?!?!? 

Due to the ease of logistics and time, most are getting the J&J.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Due to the ease of logistics and time, most are getting the J&J.

That makes a lot of sense, the one and done. However, I know a guy who supplies medical supplies to the cruise ship industry and he said they are mostly getting AZ. But then again, nobody really knows the truth 

1 hour ago, dasi11 said:

I would draft an email to Bailey with a subject line having AstraZeneca Vaccine question.  I think an uneducated phone rep had no idea how many countries are using that vaccine.  Besides you  may get an uneducated check in agent so having a reply from the top with help.  They do answer if you have an issue like this.  

No need to go that far.  It is clearly stated on their website that it is fine

The Astra Zeneca Covid 19 vaccine is not approved for use in the USA and is therefore not accepted as proof of vaccination for passengers departing from US cruise ports.

It doesn't matter where else in the world it might be in use or who has received the vaccination.

Please don't quote the limited section of the Royal Caribbean website about what vaccines are acceptable. 

Read carefully and the section includes the statement that different ports of call or departure ports will have different requirements for the vaccines that are acceptable.

• Haha 1

Guest BigRoger
51 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

The Astra Zeneca Covid 19 vaccine is not approved for use in the USA and is therefore not accepted as proof of vaccination for passengers departing from US cruise ports.

It doesn't matter where else in the world it might be in use or who has received the vaccination.

Please don't quote the limited section of the Royal Caribbean website about what vaccines are acceptable. 

Read carefully and the section includes the statement that different ports of call or departure ports will have different requirements for the vaccines that are acceptable.

This is total ‘rubbish’… nice version 

it’s experts like this who create the issues - they have no idea what rC policy is… 

Edited by BigRoger

Maybe because he was in the "trials", his actual vaccine date may be more than a year old by the time the cruise comes around and so they are simply requiring him to get the shots again.  Certainly no one thinks this will be a one and done forever scenario.  At this point the manufacturers don't even know how long people are protected, let alone with Delta out there now...

• Like 1