Best way to find B2B?

SRF

Is there some easy way to find combos that work B2B?

If I do a solo 11 nights before the end of next year, I make D+.

So looking at a couple of cheap cruises to B2B.  I don't care when.  I would like to sail out of Baltimore.

All I can figure out is to check EVERY cruise, and put them in a spreadsheet with date and price to see what the best combo is.

I have a TA, but she doesn't seem to be able to help.  She wants me to tell her dates.  And I am totally flexible as to dates.  

Done it dozens and dozens of times, I don’t really see the issue. 

if you are looking to patch together different ships and/or lines, that adds to the complexity. 

port, months available to cruise, press search… I guess if you are available 365, it could be tough. 

enjoy your cruising. 

You can piece it together by looking at a particular ship or departure port (or both). If you get lucky, you might even get the same stateroom, but it's no big deal to move if you don't. 

I wish I could send you our TA's website.  It is showing four 12-nighters (Jan., Feb., March, April), plus 5, 6, 8, and 9-nighters throughout the year, all on Enchantment sailing from Baltimore.  Very easy to read and analyze and browse.

Our first concern when we are doing/planning a B2B is to make sure we can get the same cabin for both legs. 

I open two tabs and set up the website that shows ALL AVAILABILITY of cabins (it's the website that is the scanner of the seas); then I start putting in the filters I want - Cruise Line, Ship, Destination, Number of Days, etc. 

Find two in a row that you can book the same cabin and PRESTO - then go to RCL website and book. 😉😎

Hope This Helps.

Edited by DHADEN
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

I wish I could send you our TA's website.  It is showing four 12-nighters (Jan., Feb., March, April), plus 5, 6, 8, and 9-nighters throughout the year, all on Enchantment sailing from Baltimore.  Very easy to read and analyze and browse.

That's what I posted above, two of the 12 day enchantment cruise prices, solo rate. I posted the cheapest 2. 5 great ports.

34 minutes ago, DHADEN said:

Our first concern when we are doing/planning a B2B is to make sure we can get the same cabin for both legs. 

I open two tabs and set up the website that shows ALL AVAILABILITY of cabins (it's the website that is the scanner of the seas); then I start putting in the filters I want - Cruise Line, Ship, Destination, Number of Days, etc. 

Find two in a row that you can book the same cabin and PRESTO - then go to RCL website and book. 😉😎

Hope This Helps.

We did a B2B where we had to change rooms, and it was very little effort. The crew handled everything beautifully. Everything that was hanging on the closet got moved to the next closet. We had to put everything else into luggage, but that really wasn't much (and it's not like it had to be packed like we were heading home). We just left everything on the bed. We might've spent 30 minutes, total, packing and unpacking. Everything was moved while we did all the B2B formalities. 

Don't get me wrong, now. I much prefer not having to move, but having to move is not going to keep me from doing a B2B.

• Like 4

I always do it myself also, on the Royal website. It’s easy to narrow down parameters, but just takes a little time and work, but it’s not difficult.

Start with just searching on Baltimore departure and a couple months that work best for you. You can always add months for more choices.

I looked at Baltimore for Jan-May 2022, and it brought up 7 choices, some with multiple dates. It took all of 3 minutes. 

Edited by crzndeb

22 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

Done it dozens and dozens of times, I don’t really see the issue. 

if you are looking to patch together different ships and/or lines, that adds to the complexity. 

port, months available to cruise, press search… I guess if you are available 365, it could be tough. 

enjoy your cruising. 

That is part of the issue.  I am very flexible as to time.  And also itinerary.  I enjoy being on the ship and out of touch with work. 😄

Yeah, if you are only looking at one month or two, it would be a LOT easier.

20 hours ago, DHADEN said:

Hope This Helps.

That helps a lot.

RCI does not list in chronological order, which is all I need.

THANKS

19 hours ago, crzndeb said:

I always do it myself also, on the Royal website. It’s easy to narrow down parameters, but just takes a little time and work, but it’s not difficult.

Start with just searching on Baltimore departure and a couple months that work best for you. You can always add months for more choices.

I looked at Baltimore for Jan-May 2022, and it brought up 7 choices, some with multiple dates. It took all of 3 minutes. 

The problem is, what works best for me is Sept 21 to March 22 and June 22 to Dec 22. 😄

• Like 1

Most of the short cruises out of Baltimore are 8 days and have the same itinerary.  Your best bet is the 12 day leaving Baltimore January 8, 2022 or April 2, 2022.  Total for 1 person inside cabin is $1819. for either sailing.  You may do better rate if you are eligible for any special rates.

Just for you (ignore the coloration; that has special meaning in terms of conflicts to my own bookings and I don't current have a way to turn that off when I grab this screenshot for someone else).

Prices shown are per-day, excluding taxes, and represent the lowest level shown for a particular category, which sometimes can be slightly misleading but still a reasonably good indicator.

screencapture-127-0-0-1-9191-endpoint-BWI-2021-07-07-17_27_11.thumb.png.f79b7d9cee792b7d624091cd3d7dfa41.png

OP, What type of cabin are you interested in?  I've never looked at Single rates, but I'm a bit shocked at some of the prices that others have posted.  Are they suites?  Balcony?  Or....?

Our TA does list by dates, within each destination category, so I'd be able to patch a combo together, if one of the 12-nighters doesn't appeal.

3 hours ago, SRF said:

RCI does not list in chronological order, which is all I need.

You know you can put in the month you want to sail and the departure port, right?  Also, I usually start my research on an online TA, those  DO allow you to see cruises in chronological order, if you wanted to.  When people say B2B, they mean on the same ship, which you can also search for on Royal's website.  Every year, I get several weekly planners from Dollar General and use those to write all possible cruise for me, along with the base price showing.  That won't account for solo or discounts, but, it gives me a base to start at.  Good luck,