C&A Updated Awards Link

Oxo

4 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Editorial comment -  It amazes me the amount of people on social media (not just here on cc) that expect and/or thought that they would get vouchers to use anytime of day AND then still get free HH drinks in the lounge.😇

Didn't RCI give 3 vouchers to be used during HH at the bars plus DL drinks, too? I think I remember that.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'd say social distancing. Diamond lounges were overcrowded. Works for me. I'd rather have a bloody Mary for breakfast and the extra drink any time I want.

I don't see how the D lounge is going to work at all for D, D+ and P with limited access.  Who's going to guard the door?  Who will be prevented from entering?  The lounge couldn't handle the crowd before covid at full capacity.  People don't go to the lounge just for drinks so the use of vouchers doesn't work for everyone.  Especially those who don't drink alcohol.  Just sayin.

• Like 1

Didn't mean to have this turn into the Drink Voucher thread which already exists and was beaten to death.

I was trying to inform those interested into the other changes such as Officer Dining, $25 voucher for Pin, etc.

11 minutes ago, richsea said:

Got it! Thanks everyone. I do like the idea of being able to use them at any time, & if they’re not used, so be it; there will be more on my card the next day.

No, that's not the way it works. If you don't use them during the day, you lose them, they don't carry over

1 minute ago, torpeedo said:

I don't see how the D lounge is going to work at all for D, D+ and P with limited access.  Who's going to guard the door?  Who will be prevented from entering?  The lounge couldn't handle the crowd before covid at full capacity.  People don't go to the lounge just for drinks so the use of vouchers doesn't work for everyone.  Especially those who don't drink alcohol.  Just sayin.

Now that you have to use a voucher to pay for a drink in the old diamond lounge, my guess is it becomes a lot less popular. Doesnt matter any more which bar you order your drink from. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Not sure why you say the vouchers dont work for everyone. I hardly drink alcohol and hardly bothered before with diamond lounge except for coffee.  Dont remember being unhappy and so far I havent ordered one drink in diamond lounge but I'm happy. 

Edited by firefly333

2 minutes ago, Bobal said:

No, that's not the way it works. If you don't use them during the day, you lose them, they don't carry over

He said there will be more vouchers on his card the next day. He didnt say they carry over.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bobal said:

I meant that they’ll be replenished the next day. I have no problem with use the or lose them.

and Oxo, you didn’t say we’re not supposed to talk about the vouchers, but the link you supplied did. Didn’t mean to break your rules.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

He said there will be more vouchers on his card the next day. He didnt say they carry over.

Yes, you could read it both ways. You are correct!

Just now, richsea said:

I meant that they’ll be replenished the next day. I have no problem with use the or lose them.

and Oxo, you didn’t say we’re not supposed to talk about the vouchers, but the link you supplied did. Didn’t mean to break your rules.

NP, You didn't break any rules. There are more items than the vouchers in that link. That was my main objection. 

57 minutes ago, Oxo said:

What will this be now? 

Meal with an Officer —This experience, for our Diamond Plus (340 points and above) and Pinnacle Club members, has evolved to a Champagne Toast with an Officer. This event will still take place in the Main Dining Room, but with new physical distancing protocols in place.

This was really the only perk I liked. Maybe it will return over time. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Oxo said:

We enjoyed that on RCI and Celebrity, too. 

A friend of mine just got off the Celebrity ship sailing from St Martin and he attended the lunch with a captain. It is interesting that the sister line is offering it, at least as of now. Perhaps it comes down to then vaccination policy/rates between both lines. 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Oxo said:

I was citing NBPs just to illustrate how Cruise lines are cutting back.

Personally, I do not see any positives with the new updates. Apparently you do.  Amazing how we all have different opinions. That's what makes the world go round. LOL

Big fan of the new drink vouchers. So much better than the overcrowded lounges of days gone by.

Really not much negative that I can see, but thanks for sharing

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

What will this be now? 

Meal with an Officer —This experience, for our Diamond Plus (340 points and above) and Pinnacle Club members, has evolved to a Champagne Toast with an Officer. This event will still take place in the Main Dining Room, but with new physical distancing protocols in place.

Meal still exists, but for now the officers aren't joining us

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Editorial comment -  It amazes me the amount of people on social media (not just here on cc) that expect and/or thought that they would get vouchers to use anytime of day AND then still get free HH drinks in the lounge.😇

You forgot carry over of unused vouchers😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

Didn't RCI give 3 vouchers to be used during HH at the bars plus DL drinks, too? I think I remember that.

Correct, but they still had to be used with the DL drink list and redeemed during the 3 hour HH window.

Now you get between 1 and 3 additional that can be used anytime and for almost any drink

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

Didn't mean to have this turn into the Drink Voucher thread which already exists and was beaten to death.

I was trying to inform those interested into the other changes such as Officer Dining, $25 voucher for Pin, etc.

Those changes have also been well documented 

44 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

Meal still exists, but for now the officers aren't joining us

Would appreciate what it consists of now. Inference is that it is only a Champagne Toast with an Officer. Whatever, that means. 

2 hours ago, Oxo said:

I was citing NBPs just to illustrate how Cruise lines are cutting back.

Personally, I do not see any positives with the new updates. Apparently you do.  Amazing how we all have different opinions. That's what makes the world go round. LOL

Those promos were temporary and nothing to do with cutbacks.     As a matter of fact, they tried to undo the promo and there was such pushback that they had to honor the promos for those already booked under the program.

My Harmony Easter '20 sail was booked under the promo.

43 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

Those changes have also been well documented 

What subject has not been repeated over and over? On Celebrity they are now addressing Chic Night and dress requirements. LOL 

• Like 1