NCL suing Florida over vaccine law.

1 hour ago, RedIguana said:

This is true outside of Florida.  As was pointed out to me earlier, all the lines out of Florida at this time are allowing unvaxed, just with additional requirements and costs, in order to comply with the law.

Are you sure, Bayley said a couple of weeks ago, that other than FL all other ports will be 100% vaxxed.

Unless I missed something recently.

10 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Are you sure, Bayley said a couple of weeks ago, that other than FL all other ports will be 100% vaxxed.

Unless I missed something recently.

If that's the case why are they doing test cruises in Washington?

8 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

If that's the case why are they doing test cruises in Washington?

They are doing 2 tests for Oasis from Bayonne in August.  Your guess is as good as mine. CDC requirements, maybe.

See link:

Royal Caribbean: Unvaccinated Florida cruise guests must have insurance (cnbc.com)

Edited by nelblu

Anyone doing test cruises is so that they can sail under 95% vaccinated. It appears as of now most lines are doing that for kids unable to be vaccinated. I can't read the future as to what they will end up doing:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, At Sea At Peace said:

If the litigation doesn't go well and NCL's financial situation doesn't improve, it is also noteworthy that Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP is one of the largest "reorganization and bankruptcy" law firms in the country.  😲

This wasn't picked up on the now closed NCL thread on this topic.  Not to worry someone already started another one.  I hope the NCL passengers have the good sense to take a refund if their cruise is canceled and not roll it over to an FCC.

4 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

Anyone doing test cruises is so that they can sail under 95% vaccinated. It appears as of now most lines are doing that for kids unable to be vaccinated. I can't read the future as to what they will end up doing:)

The announcement says 100% unless they are looking for wiggle room now.

5 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

This wasn't picked up on the now closed NCL thread on this topic.  Not to worry someone already started another one.  I hope the NCL passengers have the good sense to take a refund if their cruise is canceled and not roll it over to an FCC.

Yes and in that closed NCL forum thread almost all the NCL cruisers are very supportive of the company wanting to sail at 100% vaccinated.

Unlike here where the anti-vax crowd is so vocal.

3 minutes ago, cruisegus said:

Yes and in that closed NCL forum thread almost all the NCL cruisers are very supportive of the company wanting to sail at 100% vaccinated.

I guess you haven't read many of the closed threads.  Someone mentioned 17-18 closed.😀

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cruisegus said:

That's because Royal is the only cruise line that will have them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cruisegus said:

Yeah you have that really backwards, that is far from the truth.

Edited by skywonder
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Be specific who?  Unvaxxed, people on CC, etc.

They are the only line that is making special arrangements to accommodate unvaccinated people at the expense of the vaccinated. Try to keep up.

• Like 5

Just now, Iamcruzin said:

They are the only line that is making special arrangements to accommodate unvaccinated people at the expense of the vaccinated. Try to keep up.

Fine, that is what I wanted you to point out,

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

Yes, what is actually happening is that Florida is not enforcing their law.  Celebrity is requiring all passengers be vaccinated, correct? What magic loophole are they using to negate the law?

Celebrity is sailing with at least 95% vaccinated. They are asking their customers to volunteer their vaccine status. Where is the violation of the law? Doesn't the law prohibit the requirement of vaccine proof? If customers willingly volunteer their vaccine proof, where is the Florida law being broken?

The cruise lines are operating their businesses as they see fit to maintain a safe and healthy environment for their crew and passengers. How is that breaking any law? There is no need for enforcement of the law when there is no law being challenged. That is how I see it. These cruise lines are shrewd.

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

Please cut out the politics

its getting ridiculous how these posts are allowed to stay and why the same posters just go on and on about the same state and governor.  Please for all our sakes stop with the political crap.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Celebrity is sailing with at least 95% vaccinated. They are asking their customers to volunteer their vaccine status. Where is the violation of the law? Doesn't the law prohibit the requirement of vaccine proof? If customers willingly volunteer their vaccine proof, where is the Florida law being broken?

The cruise lines are operating their businesses as they see fit to maintain a safe and healthy environment for their crew and passengers. How is that breaking any law? There is no need for enforcement of the law when there is no law being challenged. That is how I see it. These cruise lines are shrewd.

Is it really volunteer if the number hits 95% and they start refusing to board unvax? I think the grey area is why DeSantis hasn't kicked up a fuss. I don't know if he'd stay silent if Celebrity refused to board someone if they hit the max that didn't volunteer proof. 

19 hours ago, Tippyton said:

Why?  What greater good is gained?

- The Forgotten 20

IMHO.....the greater good would be to keep un-vaxxed people OFF cruise ships. That would be for the greater good of all passengers and crew that are in an environment that is prime for the spread of all sorts of diseases, including the Covid virus with its wickedly transmissible Delta variant.

Vaccines are protective against the Delta variant. Un-vaxxed people are not a good bet on cruise ships when these cruise companies are trying desperately to sail as safe as possible and to offer a desirable cruise vacation experience.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

So, if they reach their 5% cap on unvaccinated and one more unvaccinated person attempts to book, how is that handled?  At some point, in order to maintain a restricted percentage, someone may be denied, which would be a violation if they are denied service due to vaccine status.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 3kidsncats said:

So, if they reach their 5% cap on unvaccinated and one more unvaccinated person attempts to book, how is that handled?  At some point, in order to maintain a restricted percentage, someone may be denied, which would be a violation if they are denied service due to vaccine status.

They are sending out emails just like RCCL they are catching that "51" person before they get to Florida.  But considering that the first cruise was 99% I don't think they are really worried about getting less that 95%

20 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

The ships are sailing... There are no issues...  There are no fines... Their work arounds are not being challenged by the state of Florida.  NCL is going to get embarrassed and put behind and even greater burden. This is a terrible gamble they didn't have to take.  If I was an NCL shareholder I'd be furious right now. 

Exactly! Not a smart move by NCL

19 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

They should actually stop this nonsense of sueing Florida and join Florida in their lawsuit of the CDC. Some of protocasls are outdated big time. 

Bingo! Now that would have been the smart thing to do.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1