New Temporary Quantum Protocols

I think I'd hold off and cruise at a later date LOL (No shows get a full refund).

According to Singapore Cruise Society, which cites an email sent by Royal Caribbean International to guests departing on the Quantum of the Seas’ Ocean Getaway voyages between July 23 and Aug. 16, the sailings’ guest capacity will be reduced to 25 percent.

Group sizes will be limited to two guests, and guests from the same households may travel in the same stateroom but will be required to stick to a maximum of two per group while in public areas.

Restaurants and bars will be closed, but the main dining room menu will be available through room service, Royal Caribbean International  announced. Guests will have to dine in their cabins.

Capacity for all live entertainment shows will also be restricted to 50 guests.

Permitted onboard activities, such as those in SeaPlex, Activitity Zone and Pool Zone will continue to operate at reduced capacity, Singapore Cruise Society wrote.

Guests who pre-purchased dining and beverage packages will be refunded automatically.

In addition, the affected sailings’ guests are requested to arrive one hour before their scheduled check-in time to complete a complimentary antigen rapid test at the terminal before check-in. This is on top of the PCR test conducted in the days leading up to embarkation day.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/25513-singapore-based-cruise-ships-temporarily-reduce-capacity-sit-down-dining.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Group sizes will be limited to two guests, and guests from the same households may travel in the same stateroom but will be required to stick to a maximum of two per group while in public areas"    Paired up 2 by 2, sounds like Noah's Ark....or the Love Boat

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

"Group sizes will be limited to two guests, and guests from the same households may travel in the same stateroom but will be required to stick to a maximum of two per group while in public areas"    Paired up 2 by 2, sounds like Noah's Ark....or the Love Boat

So long as my roommate isn’t Charo and Isaac is tending the bar it’s all good. 😜

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SeaHunt said:

I think I'd hold off and cruise at a later date LOL (No shows get a full refund).

According to Singapore Cruise Society, which cites an email sent by Royal Caribbean International to guests departing on the Quantum of the Seas’ Ocean Getaway voyages between July 23 and Aug. 16, the sailings’ guest capacity will be reduced to 25 percent.

Group sizes will be limited to two guests, and guests from the same households may travel in the same stateroom but will be required to stick to a maximum of two per group while in public areas.

Restaurants and bars will be closed, but the main dining room menu will be available through room service, Royal Caribbean International  announced. Guests will have to dine in their cabins.

Capacity for all live entertainment shows will also be restricted to 50 guests.

Permitted onboard activities, such as those in SeaPlex, Activitity Zone and Pool Zone will continue to operate at reduced capacity, Singapore Cruise Society wrote.

Guests who pre-purchased dining and beverage packages will be refunded automatically.

In addition, the affected sailings’ guests are requested to arrive one hour before their scheduled check-in time to complete a complimentary antigen rapid test at the terminal before check-in. This is on top of the PCR test conducted in the days leading up to embarkation day.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/25513-singapore-based-cruise-ships-temporarily-reduce-capacity-sit-down-dining.html

Why don't they just cancel the cruises? who are they kidding? who wants to cruise like that.

• Like 1

Given the discipline of the local crowds in Singapore the sailings have been a great success from day 1. If you have the hoice between lockdown at home and some relaxing days at sea, even if you need to dine in your cabin I would take this option without thinking twice.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

Given the discipline of the local crowds in Singapore the sailings have been a great success from day 1. If you have the hoice between lockdown at home and some relaxing days at sea, even if you need to dine in your cabin I would take this option without thinking twice.

Not at my house.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

I love to cruise as much as anyone, but in no way is a cruise with such restrictions better than staying home for me.  I have no restrictions here.  If your living situation is different from mine those restrictions may not matter, but it’s a beautiful 88 degrees here, the garage door is open, I’m getting ready to workout without a reservation, I can eat where and  when I want and I can go sit at a bar a mile from my house if I wanted a drink. There’s also cold beer in the refrigerator.  

I can’t wait to cruise in February, but it needs to be close to a normal cruising experience for me.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MikeBayAreaCa said:

I love to cruise as much as anyone, but in no way is a cruise with such restrictions better than staying home for me.  I have no restrictions here.  If your living situation is different from mine those restrictions may not matter, but it’s a beautiful 88 degrees here, the garage door is open, I’m getting ready to workout without a reservation, I can eat where and  when I want and I can go sit at a bar a mile from my house if I wanted a drink. There’s also cold beer in the refrigerator.  

I can’t wait to cruise in February, but it needs to be close to a normal cruising experience for me.

Again though if you lived in singapore  is the point. Of course your life in the states is 100 times better. Thats why America is the greatest but imagine living there.

1 minute ago, rtazz17 said:

Again though if you lived in singapore  is the point. Of course your life in the states is 100 times better. Thats why America is the greatest but imagine living there.

Can’t disagree with you on that point.

30 minutes ago, Babr said:

Australia is no longer at zero. 

Zero dose not mean there is no ď covid 19 but has a zero policy to lock down been removed. Australian healthcare in the cities is on par with the best in the world . The problem is its size there are many remote towns relying on fly in fly out Dr's .small towns with one Dr number of ICU beds in regional hospitals. If delta spread's into regional areas is a major problem. 🤔

4 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Bars are closed.

The Charo reference should have been the line to let you know my comment was a joke. 🙂

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

Zero dose not mean there is no ď covid 19 but has a zero policy to lock down been removed. Australian healthcare in the cities is on par with the best in the world . The problem is its size there are many remote towns relying on fly in fly out Dr's .small towns with one Dr number of ICU beds in regional hospitals. If delta spread's into regional areas is a major problem. 🤔

Thanks. I did not understand the terminology. 

I have been following the Australia boards because I hope to visit there next year, but it does not look promising for opening the borders to international travelers. I know there have been some lock downs, but overall Australia has been successful.

• Like 1