Simulated cruise offering

7 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks for the info. As d+ I guess I won’t be getting one. For the lucky ones have fun and let us know how it goes.

I'm hoping D+ will be invited in the next round of smaller ships. Maybe???

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, twangster said:

Perhaps because you can invite someone and they assumed you would sail in the same cabin together.

Yes, I would imagine.  Just saw that we can invite a guest.  Air fare for us is way too much with this short notice so will not partake.  Now if they invite us to Jersey or Baltimore, we'll definitely drive there.

Edited by lovelife

Zero cruise fare is generally (but not always) associated with zero C&A points.

Complimentary waterpark passes but they can argue they need that to "validate testing" so guess that might pass the sniff test.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I got excited when I saw "RSVP needed: You’re invited to a Royal Caribbean simulation sailing!" and took that to mean I was actually invited. Now I think what I got was an "opportunity to join them" and my name may be selected.

Ovation.JPG

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Who knows how many got the invitation but when it says we're inviting you and you confirm I'd think you'd have more than the response I got below. To me the wording is a bit misleading and I'll bet 100s maybe even 1000s of Invitations went out. 

Invitation says "We're inviting you to join us for one
of two simulation sailings: a two-night getaway to Perfect Day at CocoCay onboard
Allure of the Seas®, cruising from Port Canaveral, or a five-night Alaska adventure
to Ketchikan onboard Ovation of the Seas®, sailing from Seattle. 

Then it says "Staterooms are limited, so please register on or before
Thursday, July 22, 2021 at 5:00 pm EST, for an opportunity
to join us! Registration will be handled on a first-come, first-served
basis and will be capacity-controlled. 

After completing all the questions it says:"Thank you for completing our Ovation of the Seas trial sailing registration form.  Registration will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis and will be capacity-controlled. Should the event reach capacity,
any entries above our capacity will be added to our waitlist." 

I wouldn't be buying any nonrefundable airline tickets😇

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, irishgal432 said:

Did they say if you get points?

No Royal Caribbean benefits for crown and anchor.  I was invited also and I don’t know how anyone else was picked but I have four friends that are pinnacles including myself and we were all invited.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ericfromri said:

No Royal Caribbean benefits for crown and anchor.  I was invited also and I don’t know how anyone else was picked but I have four friends that are pinnacles including myself and we were all invited.  

It seems that all Pinns were invited even those that did not sign up

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, kccrzr said:

So much for “random selection” of registered volunteers. 

There are a lot of ships that need volunteers for test cruises. Odyssey just finished her test cruise and I know of several people from the volunteer group that went on it. I'm glad that Royal was loyal to their Pinnacle members to include them in an offer! I can't imagine how much money it is costing Royal to do these test cruises. It seems unfair to me, but it is what it is.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vera/Lee said:

… Odyssey just finished her test cruise and I know of several people from the volunteer group that went on it. I'm glad that Royal was loyal to their Pinnacle members to include them in an offer! ..

Yes, it makes sense for Pinnacles to get invites.   Happy for all who get  to participate.    Here’s to more successful test cruises 🙏🏻

Edited by BSocial
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vera/Lee said:

There are a lot of ships that need volunteers for test cruises. Odyssey just finished her test cruise and I know of several people from the volunteer group that went on it. I'm glad that Royal was loyal to their Pinnacle members to include them in an offer! I can't imagine how much money it is costing Royal to do these test cruises. It seems unfair to me, but it is what it is.

Frankly, I don’t care that RCI is sending invitations to all Pinnacles other than the fact that it specifically stated the selection  process would be otherwise .

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, kccrzr said:

So much for “random selection” of registered volunteers. 

It wasn't totally random. The more points you have, the more entries you got. That information was documented a week or so ago

• Like 2

I don't know if this will affect the August Indy test cruise or not, but Galveston news shows this:

Four crew members aboard Royal Caribbean Cruises’ Independence of the Seas have tested positive for COVID-19, and more than two dozen other crew members are in quarantine, according to the Galveston County Health District.

The infections have caused the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to put the ship under tighter monitoring procedures, just 12 days before it’s supposed to embark on a safety- proving test cruise from the Port of Galveston.

https://www.galvnews.com/news/article_4ff22771-9d80-544b-8142-341e3cab688b.html

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, SeaHunt said:

I don't know if this will affect the August Indy test cruise or not, but Galveston news shows this:

Four crew members aboard Royal Caribbean Cruises’ Independence of the Seas have tested positive for COVID-19, and more than two dozen other crew members are in quarantine, according to the Galveston County Health District.

The infections have caused the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to put the ship under tighter monitoring procedures, just 12 days before it’s supposed to embark on a safety- proving test cruise from the Port of Galveston.

https://www.galvnews.com/news/article_4ff22771-9d80-544b-8142-341e3cab688b.html

That’s terrible for the crew members and the ship/cruise. Does anyone know when the crew were vaccinated? Wonder if it hasn’t been past their 2 weeks since the shot?

Another thing I find interesting is how you may be selected to be “unvaccinated” I know this is for safety and all but I would not be the happiest person if I flew out to be selected as one of those people with extra restrictions. But I am also in the camp of if you’re not vaccinated, with all the restrictions right now, there is no value in sailing. 

• Like 2

Pinnacle here and got the invite yesterday afternoon.  Last minute coach rountrip airfare from my area to Seattle is bet. $600-$1100. Add a hotel to that and it's not worth it.  Though the airfare to Florida is more reasonable, it's not worth it for a 2 day cruise.  I am hoping that I receive an invite to the Oasis test cruise on Aug. 22.  I was originally booked in a GS on that cruise until it was cancelled and Cape Liberty is a 2 hr. drive for me.  Fingers crossed!

32 minutes ago, MaritimeR&R said:

Pinnacle here and got the invite yesterday afternoon.  Last minute coach rountrip airfare from my area to Seattle is bet. $600-$1100. Add a hotel to that and it's not worth it.  Though the airfare to Florida is more reasonable, it's not worth it for a 2 day cruise.  I am hoping that I receive an invite to the Oasis test cruise on Aug. 22.  I was originally booked in a GS on that cruise until it was cancelled and Cape Liberty is a 2 hr. drive for me.  Fingers crossed!

Yeah my air is 650 bucks And 200 bucks for the Sheraton  plaza the night before but I invited one of my friends to go and I think we’ll have a good time. The allure would’ve been worth it if you lived right there for two days but for five days I would’ve flown there

Edited by ericfromri

10 hours ago, Tyro1 said:

Another thing I find interesting is how you may be selected to be “unvaccinated” I know this is for safety and all but I would not be the happiest person if I flew out to be selected as one of those people with extra restrictions. But I am also in the camp of if you’re not vaccinated, with all the restrictions right now, there is no value in sailing. 

Yes it would suck to be picked to play the role of an unvaccinated guest but Royal needs this.  If it's me so be it.  I'll gladly do my part if it means another ship is allowed to restart.  Plus I'd do it again when it's time for Mariner.   I'm close enough so no hotel or flight is required.

Edited by twangster
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

That’s terrible for the crew members and the ship/cruise. Does anyone know when the crew were vaccinated? Wonder if it hasn’t been past their 2 weeks since the shot?

There have been many vaxxed getting tested as positive.

Just for my own edification why the verbiage 'Simulated".  Simulated does not connotate as being physically on a ship, in my mind.😀  

• Haha 1