Deployment 2023-24 booking season begins

1 hour ago, RoamingRetirees said:

I was going to ask if you're in a suite. That could well be the reason for the delay. Good luck!

35 minutes ago, torpeedo said:

We are in a suite also , GS and are in a GS on the Wonder as well.  We don't have to do anything at all,  In Jan they will send us new confirmation documents.  I'm sure they are working on it and the letter said it was a monumental task,

Thank you both! Updated for us with cabin number. Yay! 😁

To add value to this topic, we just booked Ovation, 5/2 to 5/11/2023, HI to Vancouver. Nice itinerary, and acceptable pricing. I know it’s been out a couple of weeks, but wanted to share in case anyone is looking for the more unique sailings. 🙂

• Like 2

21 hours ago, torpeedo said:

I am on the 12/4/22 Harmony and received the letter yesterday advising it's now the Wonder and even gave me my new cabin number so maybe they didn't get to you yet??!!

20 hours ago, barbeyg said:

At least I know they are working on it, thanks. We are in a suite, and there are less on Wonder than Harmony. We are hoping for the best.

Apparently they weren't working too hard on it, because our 12/4 Harmony cruise that should have been moved to Wonder was unceremoniously (and without any communication from RCL) moved to Fort Lauderdale, kept on Harmony, and shortened to a six day cruise. Apparently they ran out of suites before they got to ours. Just spent ~90 minutes on line with RCL, and we are now doing an 8-night Eastern on Jewel out of PC 12/9 -12/17 in the same suite category for less $$ than the 7-night that was moved.

48 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Apparently they weren't working too hard on it, because our 12/4 Harmony cruise that should have been moved to Wonder was unceremoniously (and without any communication from RCL) moved to Fort Lauderdale, kept on Harmony, and shortened to a six day cruise. Apparently they ran out of suites before they got to ours. Just spent ~90 minutes on line with RCL, and we are now doing an 8-night Eastern on Jewel out of PC 12/9 -12/17 in the same suite category for less $$ than the 7-night that was moved.

They did say that it would take till 1/14 to straighten out all the moving pieces.  Do you think you may have been just in transition?  We won't move ports, or to a smaller ship for this cruise.  We would just cancel, if that happens to us after receiving a cabin #.

Came back to report that someone on another forum we can't mention here contacted RCI because their booking in January 2023 had the same issue.  RCI says all will be moved to Wonder, that this is a website issue.  I figure it is a software issue.

Edited by barbeyg

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Yikes!  I hadn't heard about that! I think you made out OK though with the Jewel and 8 nights in a suite for less $$.  ( Unless you were really wanting to go on the Wonder then it's 😞 

1 hour ago, torpeedo said:

Yikes!  I hadn't heard about that! I think you made out OK though with the Jewel and 8 nights in a suite for less $$.  ( Unless you were really wanting to go on the Wonder then it's 😞 

Not a big deal for us. We have three cruises that were successfully transferred to Wonder booked for 2023 - one in January about three weeks after this one returns, and B2B the last two weeks in April. Besides, the Radiance class ships have always been our favorites, so we try to sail on one of them any time we have the chance. Passed up a Harmony/Wonder cruise in February to do a 10-night Columbia/Panama/Costa Rica cruise on Serenade in February (that was the last Radiance class ship on our bucket list).

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Not a big deal for us. We have three cruises that were successfully transferred to Wonder booked for 2023 - one in January about three weeks after this one returns, and B2B the last two weeks in April. Besides, the Radiance class ships have always been our favorites, so we try to sail on one of them any time we have the chance. Passed up a Harmony/Wonder cruise in February to do a 10-night Columbia/Panama/Costa Rica cruise on Serenade in February (that was the last Radiance class ship on our bucket list).

Worked out well.  We'll be seeing you in Feb on the Serenade cruise though!!  Looks like a good one!

1 minute ago, shipgeeks said:

The last time a RC ship is showing in Baltimore is April, 2023.  No indication whether RC will continue to sail from there. Very puzzling, as the ships have always sailed full.

Same ship in Alaska makes more money.  It's that they don't make money in Baltimore.  It's about using the same asset to make more money somewhere else.  

Plus the dust has settled yet.  

1 hour ago, shipgeeks said:

The last time a RC ship is showing in Baltimore is April, 2023.  No indication whether RC will continue to sail from there. Very puzzling, as the ships have always sailed full.

RCI puts Baltimore in with their Northeast deployment, so that will come out the same time as Bayonne (and Boston, if they go back there).

On 12/17/2021 at 5:50 PM, xtremegk said:

RCI puts Baltimore in with their Northeast deployment, so that will come out the same time as Bayonne (and Boston, if they go back there).

Anyone have any inside information as to when Bayonne Summer 2023 will come out, other then the "Coming Soon" on the deployment chart?  Do you think it will be before the end of 2021 or not till 2022?

10 minutes ago, ecslady said:

Anyone have any inside information as to when Bayonne Summer 2023 will come out, other then the "Coming Soon" on the deployment chart?  Do you think it will be before the end of 2021 or not till 2022?

They are having issues getting out the rest of the Caribbean that was due last week.  It is really anyone's guess right now.  

On 12/17/2021 at 4:41 PM, shipgeeks said:

They will absolutely put a ship in Baltimore.  They sail full and demand is very high.  Radiance class and Vision class fit under the bridges so there are more options than GR and EN.  Just wait until the 2023 cruises come out.

4 hours ago, ecslady said:

Delaying the European deployment until after the New Year makes me think we won't see anything further in the next week and a half.

On 12/16/2021 at 5:24 PM, barbeyg said:

To add value to this topic, we just booked Ovation, 5/2 to 5/11/2023, HI to Vancouver. Nice itinerary, and acceptable pricing. I know it’s been out a couple of weeks, but wanted to share in case anyone is looking for the more unique sailings. 🙂

We booked the opposite trip on Ovation in October 2023 (Vancouver to Hawaii) on Dec. 1st. I wanted to compare to the similar Quantum sailing and it disappeared and still hasn't come back. 

• Like 1

On 12/16/2021 at 5:24 PM, barbeyg said:

On the same sailing 5/2/2023, overnight in Lahaina but I remember tendering there a few years back. Any idea if the ships dock there now, or if not, do the tenders run all night?

3 hours ago, GlenG said:

On the same sailing 5/2/2023, overnight in Lahaina but I remember tendering there a few years back. Any idea if the ships dock there now, or if not, do the tenders run all night?

I looked to see, and it appears currently they are still tendering Lahaina.  I think you would have a better response in the Ports of Call, Hawaii section of CC.  I know that other ports that were overnight, when we have tendered in the past, that tenders ran on a schedule overnight.  I would assume the same here.  

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Not so patiently waiting on Europe 2023...anyone seen any test loads or got any ideas what to expect?

I have a feeling (but don't know for sure) that Royal sent many HQ type folks home for the holidays.   

They needed a break.   

14 minutes ago, 2travelcats said:

Any ideas which ships might sail the New England/Canada routes in 2023?

Thanks!

Thanks for asking about that.  We're interested also and wish they would put that out.  I would love to see a cruise to Quebec out of Bayonne.  We've done it from Bayonne before and did the return.  Best cruise we have ever had.  I believe it was 2017.  We were supposed to do it again from Bayonne on the Vision last year but we all know what happened to that. :((  Usually they have a 9 night on the Anthem or Adventure.

Edited by torpeedo

On 12/17/2021 at 12:17 PM, orville99 said:

Ugh what a mess. What suite category are you in? The older ship suite perks are very different than on the Harmony and other Oasis / Quantum class ships. 

Edited by jonj

14 minutes ago, jonj said:

Ugh what a mess. What suite category are you in? The older ship suite perks are very different than on the Harmony and other Oasis / Quantum class ships. 

GS. We don't mind the change to Jewel. She is one of our favorite ships, and the itinerary is better than the one they moved. (And we saved a bunch of $$$$ to boot)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2travelcats said:

Any ideas which ships might sail the New England/Canada routes in 2023?

Thanks!

We didn't wait for Royal to open itineraries for Canada & New England. We booked the Celebrity Summit out of Boston that does an 11 night rt with an overnight in Quebec.