Deployment 2023-24 booking season begins

4 hours ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

In the Royal Caribbean blogspot it says:

(Tried to put the link but it does not let me)

Vision of the Seas & Wonder of the Seas appear on the list of ships, but no itineraries are available to book yet.

Huh??? Maybe an error?

It's true though that they appear when you select Europe and 2023 dates but no itineraries...

This is because they show all Europe ships in this selection. When you select Europe 2022 it also shows Serenade and Explorer but an error when you go further.

• Like 1

I was so excited to see "NOW OPEN FOR SALE" noted on the Winter Caribbean 2023/2024 deployment schedule. But it was a tease! You cannot look for anything beyond November 2023 on the RCI website. I wish they'd left the schedule reading "COMING SOON," rather than frustrate us with false information! UGH!! 

13 hours ago, twangster said:

I don't think it's a matter of thinking any country will "pay up". 

Every release has seen higher prices. Alaska 2023 is higher compared to 2022.  Caribbean 2023 isn't bargain territory, especially with suites.  Suites are definitely trending higher probably because they are in demand.  Star Class prices are very much higher in 2023 across the board in all regions.

I think they are targeting their massive debt, not any particular geographic region. 

Just like last year, throw high prices at the wall and see what sticks.  What doesn't will drop in price.  Already had 2 large price drops on a March 2023 sailing have dropped the price by over 30%

• Like 1

1 hour ago, printingchick said:

I was so excited to see "NOW OPEN FOR SALE" noted on the Winter Caribbean 2023/2024 deployment schedule. But it was a tease! You cannot look for anything beyond November 2023 on the RCI website. I wish they'd left the schedule reading "COMING SOON," rather than frustrate us with false information! UGH!! 

Yup, lot times releases come in part one and part two comes later. Then norm as "Winter" is Fall-Spring

Edited by ONECRUISER

7 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

I was looking at the 12 night British Isles, hoping to reschedule our cancelled 2021 cruise. It's disappointing to see that Edinburgh is not on the itinerary any more.

It is a one hour transfer from Greenock and no long tendering required as in the past.from Newhaven with always a lot of issues (weather, long lines...).

When you think about it it, distant prices always tend to be high on Royal.  From cruise planner purchases to cruise fares, Royal knows they'll capture some this way while they always have the ability to offer a "sale" so that people who track prices will feel good about snatching a discount when it happens.

10 minutes ago, twangster said:

When you think about it it, distant prices always tend to be high on Royal.  From cruise planner purchases to cruise fares, Royal knows they'll capture some this way while they always have the ability to offer a "sale" so that people who track prices will feel good about snatching a discount when it happens.

Many people here always say that early booking pays off and secures the best price which is absolutely not true for all who live in countries where you are not eligible for price adjustments after booking. This applies e.g. to most of Europe. Therefore we will book P&O to Norway in summer 2023.

17 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Many people here always say that early booking pays off and secures the best price which is absolutely not true for all who live in countries where you are not eligible for price adjustments after booking. This applies e.g. to most of Europe. Therefore we will book P&O to Norway in summer 2023.

That is a great point.  Didn't Royal allow the CWC best price guarantee in Europe?  I recall some reports of travel companies in the UK that have struggled to adapt to that new option. 

How has that progressed?  Are people actually able to utilize the best price guarantee in Europe?

28 minutes ago, twangster said:

That is a great point.  Didn't Royal allow the CWC best price guarantee in Europe?  I recall some reports of travel companies in the UK that have struggled to adapt to that new option. 

How has that progressed?  Are people actually able to utilize the best price guarantee in Europe?

Currently with CWC it works but before and after this programme no chance for price adjustmets, just bad luck.

11 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Currently with CWC it works but before and after this programme no chance for price adjustmets, just bad luck.

Royal has introduced the price match in Australia but very few people know about it and agents won’t tell you about it.

I put my Australian agent on the spot as I was booking a group.

They kind of mumbled  we can and I asked in writing ,which I got.

But they seemed reluctant,probably to much work.

13 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Royal has introduced the price match in Australia but very few people know about it and agents won’t tell you about it.

I seem to recall price drops being available pre-COVID, but it was 120 days out and it was a cancel and rebook type affair.

1 hour ago, Saab4444 said:

It is a one hour transfer from Greenock and no long tendering required as in the past.from Newhaven with always a lot of issues (weather, long lines...).

We never got the chance to try it, thanks for the info. We were booked on the 2021 12 night British Isles and it had an overnight stop at Edinburgh, and our group was very excited about it. 

We booked the 12 night British Isles for July 2021 on opening day in November 2019. I was so excited, we scored rooms 1100, 1102, and 1602 for our party. Ended up with anther family in our group in 1088 a few days later.

I watched the prices from the day we booked. The JS rooms sold out two months later, all suites sold out a day later. During those two months, the price was never lower than it was on opening day.

The balcony rooms never priced lower than they did on opening day. The last day I have it recorded was 9/8/20. The cruise was canceled not long after that.

So, since my experience watching those prices is pretty limited. Did other years experience the same thing? Or were there price drops?

5 hours ago, twangster said:

Agree, 4 drops as getting closer some my newer sailings and remember once got 9 Drops on one Cruise over the 1.5yr from release to sailing date. So thats my thing grab Cruise/Cabin I want date of release and wait see Price drops ltr... Did see a few released this yr, low and will only go up ltr.

Edited by ONECRUISER

12 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

I was looking at the 12 night British Isles, hoping to reschedule our cancelled 2021 cruise. It's disappointing to see that Edinburgh is not on the itinerary any more.

It is strange Edinburgh is not on the British Isles Cruise.  There is a May 2023 Iceland & Scotland cruise which includes Edinburgh (S. Queensferry) not Greenock and also has a scheduled stop in Lerwick.

11 minutes ago, kccrzr said:

It is strange Edinburgh is not on the British Isles Cruise.  There is a May 2023 Iceland & Scotland cruise which includes Edinburgh (S. Queensferry) not Greenock and also has a scheduled stop in Lerwick.

One day that could be an option for us, but we are both teachers so May wouldn't work. We really would only have one option that would work, the July sailing.

3 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

We booked the 12 night British Isles for July 2021 on opening day in November 2019. I was so excited, we scored rooms 1100, 1102, and 1602 for our party. Ended up with anther family in our group in 1088 a few days later.

I watched the prices from the day we booked. The JS rooms sold out two months later, all suites sold out a day later. During those two months, the price was never lower than it was on opening day.

The balcony rooms never priced lower than they did on opening day. The last day I have it recorded was 9/8/20. The cruise was canceled not long after that.

So, since my experience watching those prices is pretty limited. Did other years experience the same thing? Or were there price drops?

We are in JS1602 on a British Isles cruise this year.  I booked on the day bookings opened. Prices never went down (for suites at least) and they have been sold out for some time.

The same has been true on other cruises I have been on with somewhat unusual or more desirable itineraries including a TA with Iceland and the Snowbird Migration cruise from Quebec City to FL.  For those types of cruises I think it is better to book early.

Just now, kccrzr said:

We are in JS1602 on a British Isles cruise this year.  I booked on the day bookings opened. Prices never went down (for suites at least) and they have been sold out for some time.

The same has been true on other cruises I have been on with somewhat unusual or more desirable itineraries including a TA with Iceland and the Snowbird Migration cruise from Quebec City to FL.  For those types of cruises I think it is better to book early.

I agree, definitely best to book early. I'm just not sure if I want to do this cruise in 2023 or wait until 2024. Guess I need to make up my mind! FYI, we had that JS booked for 2021 (which of course didn't happen). I booked on opening day as well for that cruise, and the suites sold out in two months, prices never went down, only up. 

Enjoy your cruise! I am quite jealous!

5 minutes ago, kccrzr said:

I have tried to book the TA that comes to Boston many times. All the best cabins always sell out the first day!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kccrzr said:

Agree...I got an amazing price on the Snowbird the day it opened....I would love to do that itinerary again. Waiting now for the Canada N/E to open !!

7 hours ago, Biker19 said:

I seem to recall price drops being available pre-COVID, but it was 120 days out and it was a cancel and rebook type affair.

Not in Australia,the favourite subject on the rollcalls was Australians getting burnt when the prices dropped.

Americans could adjust the prices but not bookings in Australia.