Edge—passenger med emergency delays arrival

KKB

We were informed last night that we were diverting to Grand Turk to get a medical transport for a passenger (non-COVID related)

We are still waiting to depart.

We have been assured we will have a delayed arrival tomorrow, but that we WOULD arrive tomorrow.

Our flight was 11Am tomorrow—which requires pretty much an on time arrival.

Already rebooked for Sunday AM. $75 more each plus $150 for Crowne Plaza tomorrow night—both would be A LOT more expensive during “normal” cruising times!

We expect to hear a lot of complaining today…goodness knows many have struggled to let last Saturday’s embarkation difficulties go…🙄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Ouch. Not many people will be making Saturday flights. 

Not to mention another messy embarkation day. For all these huge changes, it must be a pretty serious medical situation. I cannot imagine what the family is going through. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nvadav said:

Capt. Kate just announced 5pm arrival in FFL tomorrow afternoon.

Well...that means another (nearly) day of fun and frivolity on the ship.

But, a big headache for missed flights, and certainly embarkation of those just heading to FLL.  I'm hoping Celebrity has let those folks who are looking to embark tomorrow what's happening.  Otherwise, oh boy.......

Hope whatever medical emergency it was that it will turn out "OK" for all involved.

• Like 4

Not all hotels have reduced prices. The Marriott in Seattle is $300 per night with minimal services and $55 per day parking. I booked it as I am on points for one night. None of the hotels will take the 35k Marriott free night certs. 

1 hour ago, oskidunker said:

Not all hotels have reduced prices. The Marriott in Seattle is $300 per night with minimal services and $55 per day parking. I booked it as I am on points for one night. None of the hotels will take the 35k Marriott free night certs. 

All of the chains seem to be devaluing point values with many hotels not have reward nights available.

Usually the Park Hyatt Seattle has reasonable prices for Seattle.

Certainly doesn't have the pedal to the metal.  Currently showing 19kn and off the coast of Providenciales.  So 500 nm at that speed we are looking at 26 more hours.  So arrival in Ft Lauderdale at 3pm tomorrow.  Wow glad I'm not coming or going tomorrow.  It will takes days for people to get home with whats happening with airline cancellations.  

Edited by Searanger

I am on the 7th sailing; my embarkation time was 12:30. Earlier we got a note that the ship would be arriving at the port at 2 pm. And 5 minutes ago got another email that the ship will not arrive until 5 pm at the earliest and "updated embarkation time" and any cruise changes will come by 10 pm tonight.

There better be some OBC involved with this; we're missing a dinner and more. I hope the person is OK, given it had to be rerouted it sounds serious. I don't want to make light of their situation, we just have no place to go - our hotel checkout is 11 am, and our hotel won't hold our luggage.

Edited by GTarrant
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, GTarrant said:

I am on the 7th sailing; my embarkation time was 12:30. Earlier we got a note that the ship would be arriving at the port at 2 pm. And 5 minutes ago got another email that the ship will not arrive until 5 pm at the earliest and "updated embarkation time" and any cruise changes will come by 10 pm tonight.

There better be some OBC involved with this; we're missing a dinner and more. I hope the person is OK, given it had to be rerouted it sounds serious. I don't want to make light of their situation, we just have no place to go - our hotel checkout is 11 am, and our hotel won't hold our luggage.

I know that this delay must be upsetting to passengers scheduled to board tomorrow.  But what's the old saying......"stuff" happens!  Try to remain calm and take it in stride (I know.....easier said than done). 

Maybe you can rent a "day room" at your hotel and spend the afternoon there sitting by the pool and having a few drinks.  If your hotel won't rent you a "day room" I'm sure there are plenty that will.  Try to check that option out.  If not, take a taxi (and, yes, cart your luggage along) to a nice restaurant and have a leisurely lunch and a cocktail or two.  Many restaurants will let you linger over dessert and drinks for quite some time if they don't need the table for other customers.

I'm confident that this delay is not Celebrity's fault and they obviously diverted to save a person's life.  I'm also confident that you will see an OBC posted to your account.

Good luck and have a wonderful cruise (once you finally are onboard).

Edited by jcpc
  • Like 4

Why not open the terminal to allow people to sit there and Celebrity provide food and beverages to them?

We have had this happen to us in foreign ports more than once.

One time in FLL the ship was late by 6 hours. Princess take us all to a banquet hall to sit, served us a meal and drinks, then took us back to the ship when we were ready to board.

Edited by Oxo
  • Like 2

Oh, I know we'll enjoy ourselves. We've been waiting for this for a long time.

(My husband is worried about our Covid tests no longer being 72 hours before the ship leaves...I told him I highly doubt Celebrity is going to invalidate potentially dozens to hundreds of tests due to the delay).