Clothing optional charter on Oasis during cruise line start-up???

Just now, vjmatty said:

Even as someone who likes going to nude beaches, this does not appeal to me at all. I don’t want to sit in a chair naked after someone else just sat in it naked 🤮

FWIW, the couple naturists that I know don't like to do that either; they carry a small towel to sit on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flamingos said:

FWIW, the couple naturists that I know don't like to do that either; they carry a small towel to sit on.

I suppose that would help…. beaches are different because you’re on your own towel, and there are implied rules about not staring or taking pictures. A cruise seems a bit awkward, especially when it comes to some of the activities lol

1 hour ago, sandebeach said:

Great post! I am currently on Odyssey and the sign for breakfast and lunch in the Windjammer says “No swimsuits or tank tops”.  Why in the world would tank tops in the Windjammer be a problem???

That's ridiculous!  I Wear tshirt thanks from many of the islands and wore them on many cruises.

Maybe they dont want the wife beater tanks??  

3 hours ago, vjmatty said:

Even as someone who likes going to nude beaches, this does not appeal to me at all. I don’t want to sit in a chair naked after someone else just sat in it naked 🤮

I think I read somewhere before that they have to sit on towels. My question would be do they always sit on the same side of the towel or does it get turned over?   😳

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1

I feel bad for the crew, but I’m guessing some of them have had to work on such cruises before. And from my understanding, most of these clothing optional people aren’t necessarily the type you might want to see nekkid.  

If a ship has to be sanitized for Covid between cruises, I can only imagine the amount of cleaning that will be required after this cruise!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sandebeach said:

Great post! I am currently on Odyssey and the sign for breakfast and lunch in the Windjammer says “No swimsuits or tank tops”.  Why in the world would tank tops in the Windjammer be a problem???

Always been that way. When I started on Royal in 80's I would run to Cabin change into shorts and sleeved shirt, like everyone did then. Tank Top, haven't been in Land Buffet in Decades but they always had same rule. Think open arm pits, reaching for food, sweat dripping

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, carolyn22 said:

I feel bad for the crew, but I’m guessing some of them have had to work on such cruises before. And from my understanding, most of these clothing optional people aren’t necessarily the type you might want to see nekkid.  

If a ship has to be sanitized for Covid between cruises, I can only imagine the amount of cleaning that will be required after this cruise!

Crew I talked to after these Cruises had nothing but good things to say, Friendly, Tipped Well. Not like everyone is Nude all the time. Back then they allowed Crew didnt want be on Ship that week for Religious/Personal reasons didnt have to. Now and CV bubble not sure how it's run

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChC said:

Let me clear some ignorance on this threads. I have to disclose that I have not been on Bliss charter, as Bliss is more of an adult cruise (i.e. something is allowed). I have been on bare necessity charter, which is purely for nudists and naturists (something is a no no). So here are the things:

1, Crew issue

Please do not feel sorry for the crew. All crew must volunteer to join this charter. Many are the returning crew year after year. Cruise line will ask individual crew whether they are comfortable to serve in this charter before they join the ship that is chartered in this season. If any crew is not comfortable due to whatever reasons, he or she will be flying out to another sister ship before the charter and fly back after the charter. When there is crew shortage due to this, other crew from other ship that willingly to serve will be flying in. All staff position was determined months ahead so the cruise line and charter makes sure crew are happy.

And for posters who feel sorry for the crew, please feel free to ask any crew who have served on this kind of charter before. They are the most happy crew on earth. Why? Their gratuities are pre paid. So their income is certain. Some gets change ships for this week only but that is a break in boring routine. Nudists take fewer pieces of luggage compare to the normal cruise so not hectic in boarding and debarkation day. Activities are ran by charter company so ships activities are quiet. Crew working on this charter has much less work to do. It is like a small vacation for many crew members.

That is why after over 20 years of nudist charter, the same crew try to apply for the week. They enjoy it and NO ONE FORCE THEM TO SERVE ON THE CHARTER.

2, Furniture issue

Nudist charter carry extra towels. Not small ones but proper bath towel. One thing very different between a nudist charter and normal cruise is, bath towels are everywhere in public area. Where there is furniture to sit, there are tons of bath towel next to it in big bins. The rule is clear to passengers, if you are to sit on a piece of furniture bare bum, you have to use a bath towel to sit down. Many nudists wears a sarong. Apparently it is a nudist fashion. And there are extra cleaning staff going on the public deck all the time just in case.

3, Dining room

The rule is you must wear cloth for dinner dining room. Buffet area you may go nude but must sit on a towel.

I am a home nudist, which means I am not comfortable to be nude in front of strangers. But I joined the cruise to complete my cruise collections, and to test my limit on being nude in public. I failed. Because I wear a swimming cover all the time. But that does not stop me having a great time. I may go back once Covid is controlled.

But please before you type your reply in this forum, using unintentional words to describe nudists being dirty or careless or selfish, or to imply crew members are pity, sorry and forced to see people in birthday suit, please do some research first. It is very hurtful to accuse someone you have no knowledge of. 

There are crew member videos on youtube that confirm everything you posted.

On a more serious note I guess my question is....with the COVID world we are now living in....does this sailing have to adhere to all CDC policies like all Royal sailings currently are....masks...covid negative tests....social distancing. Or is this going to be one big party...aka possible super spreader.

15 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

These types of charters have been going on for a long time.

It is an old topic here.

But someone new discovers it.

Like a prude school-girl, blushing in front of the computer,

They feel the need to start a cute new thread on the subject, and soon all the lame jokes start to appear from everyone.

Don't judge the lifestyle,  

It is probably more exciting than yours....

And others feel to rudely comment.

1 hour ago, bajathree said:

On a more serious note I guess my question is....with the COVID world we are now living in....does this sailing have to adhere to all CDC policies like all Royal sailings currently are....masks...covid negative tests....social distancing. Or is this going to be one big party...aka possible super spreader.

If the cruise is departing from a U.S. port I assume CDC regulations must be followed like any other U.S. departure cruise. Royal is a public corporation with shareholders to answer to so I highly doubt the management would risk the CDC's wrath, (which could seriously negatively affect their financials) and lawsuits from their shareholders, just for a few charter cruises, whether they are nudist cruises, semi nudist cruises, rock 'n roll cruises, knitting circle cruises, etc.  

Now let's get back to the adolescent jokes.....

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Could be!

E46AA55A-48C8-4DB7-8BD8-FF9846AD2487.jpeg

Wow that includes gym attire to the list of "not allowed".  What about those stylish track suits that cover the entire body?  Those are not allowed but going in a birthday suit to the WJ is?  My only guess is that the clothing optional charter brings in megabucks for RCI otherwise why "allow" it? 

• Like 1

I've read posts by people who have talked to crew about these cruises.  Apparently, the crew has some options when it comes to working these.  Also, when they say "play areas" this is more than a clothing optional cruise.  

As for the "gym attire" mentioned, I think they're referring to spandex shorts, sports bras, the like, not t-shirts.

5 hours ago, ChC said:

Let me clear some ignorance on this threads. I have to disclose that I have not been on Bliss charter, as Bliss is more of an adult cruise (i.e. something is allowed). I have been on bare necessity charter, which is purely for nudists and naturists (something is a no no). So here are the things:

1, Crew issue

Please do not feel sorry for the crew. All crew must volunteer to join this charter. Many are the returning crew year after year. Cruise line will ask individual crew whether they are comfortable to serve in this charter before they join the ship that is chartered in this season. If any crew is not comfortable due to whatever reasons, he or she will be flying out to another sister ship before the charter and fly back after the charter. When there is crew shortage due to this, other crew from other ship that willingly to serve will be flying in. All staff position was determined months ahead so the cruise line and charter makes sure crew are happy.

And for posters who feel sorry for the crew, please feel free to ask any crew who have served on this kind of charter before. They are the most happy crew on earth. Why? Their gratuities are pre paid. So their income is certain. Some gets change ships for this week only but that is a break in boring routine. Nudists take fewer pieces of luggage compare to the normal cruise so not hectic in boarding and debarkation day. Activities are ran by charter company so ships activities are quiet. Crew working on this charter has much less work to do. It is like a small vacation for many crew members.

That is why after over 20 years of nudist charter, the same crew try to apply for the week. They enjoy it and NO ONE FORCE THEM TO SERVE ON THE CHARTER.

2, Furniture issue

Nudist charter carry extra towels. Not small ones but proper bath towel. One thing very different between a nudist charter and normal cruise is, bath towels are everywhere in public area. Where there is furniture to sit, there are tons of bath towel next to it in big bins. The rule is clear to passengers, if you are to sit on a piece of furniture bare bum, you have to use a bath towel to sit down. Many nudists wears a sarong. Apparently it is a nudist fashion. And there are extra cleaning staff going on the public deck all the time just in case.

3, Dining room

The rule is you must wear cloth for dinner dining room. Buffet area you may go nude but must sit on a towel.

I am a home nudist, which means I am not comfortable to be nude in front of strangers. But I joined the cruise to complete my cruise collections, and to test my limit on being nude in public. I failed. Because I wear a swimming cover all the time. But that does not stop me having a great time. I may go back once Covid is controlled.

But please before you type your reply in this forum, using unintentional words to describe nudists being dirty or careless or selfish, or to imply crew members are pity, sorry and forced to see people in birthday suit, please do some research first. It is very hurtful to accuse someone you have no knowledge of. 

A curiosity question (no judgement) - how does moving the crew around for a week work in the world of Covid?  Are they still allowed to move to different ships or are each ship's crew considered a cohort that doesn't mix with other ships?

I too have read that some crew love to work these cruises.

I do hope the daily required tip is increased to cover all the extra work for cleaning and laundry staff 🙂

35 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Could be!

E46AA55A-48C8-4DB7-8BD8-FF9846AD2487.jpeg

Interesting to see unvaxxed only allowed to dine at speciality restaurants at 5.30.    I wonder if a lot of people wait till 7 or after to dine so they wont have an issue with tracing and testing during their cruise.

12 minutes ago, cured said:

A curiosity question (no judgement) - how does moving the crew around for a week work in the world of Covid?  Are they still allowed to move to different ships or are each ship's crew considered a cohort that doesn't mix with other ships?

I too have read that some crew love to work these cruises.

I do hope the daily required tip is increased to cover all the extra work for cleaning and laundry staff 🙂

Crew contracts are per ship and usually last for 6 months or more so I doubt there is any moving crew from ship to ship at this time.

Entertainers such as comedians typically move around, I wonder if that is happening.  If so, I'm sure they have to do covid test each time.