SEPTEMBER VAX REQUIREMENT FOR ALL CRUISES

6 minutes ago, Pianogrl44 said:

With this new vaccine policy I find it frustrating that Royal won’t refund our deposit for our November Florida sailing.  We are Canadian so our two doses aren’t considered valid because they’re more than 42 days apart.  Now they’re saying we aren’t allowed to sail and when I try to cancel they want to give us an FCC for our deposit.  We aren’t the ones choosing to cancel, they are now saying we aren’t allowed to cruise.

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Did you call this morning now new policy is released? 

The Vaxed only is in effect until Nov 1st so no they currently don't apply for your sailing and they won't give you a refund.

Why do people like to pick things apart like this? It couldn't be more simple and y'all mincing words when a modicum of common sense suffices.

If you're going to cruise Royal for next 3 months, are 12-or-older and departing from any port in the US, be vaccinated. In addition you must take a PCR test within 3 days of your embarkation date.

How's that so hard to comprehend?

• Like 14

10 minutes ago, Pianogrl44 said:

No, it was yesterday afternoon so maybe I should call back. When I fought their policy they offered 50% refund/50% FCC that had to be used to book by April.  They even fully admitted my husband wasn’t allowed to sail and considered unvaccinated, and they still wouldn’t refund me 100%

Call back in a couple days.  I'm sure their phone lines will be swamped today.  Plus whenever they announce new policies for sailings it usually takes a couple of days for the phone reps to know the process for various scenarios, such as your situation.  

Remember most of the CSRs work from home, some in other countries, so they dont always have the newest info from corporate.  They didnt "get the memo" yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coldflame said:

In addition you must take a PCR test within 3 days of your embarkation date.

Or a Rapid Antigen test.

Testing
The following requirements apply to guests departing from Florida homeports through December 31, 2021.

Pre-Cruise: For all sailings (of any length), all guests 2 and older, regardless of vaccination status, will need to undergo a COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) administered by an accredited laboratory of the guest's choice and taken no more than three days prior to sailing.

If you are going to make a statement, make the complete statement.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

The Vaxed only is in effect until Nov 1st so no they currently don't apply for your sailing and they won't give you a refund.

True, the poster may have to wait till October to see if they change requirements and whether or not they will accept people with mixed vax doses from other countries.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, coldflame said:

Why do people like to pick things apart like this? It couldn't be more simple and y'all mincing words when a modicum of common sense suffices.

If you're going to cruise Royal for next 3 months, are 12-or-older and departing from any port in the US, be vaccinated. In addition you must take a PCR test within 3 days of your embarkation date.

How's that so hard to comprehend?

Two problems with this approach:

1) Some of us don’t have common sense

2) Your explanation (any simple explanation) is vague which can lead to misunderstanding 

- “next three months” starting when? Base on departure date or any day on ship?

- “be vaccinated” - what counts as vaccinated? Do I just need to be vaccinated, or do I need to bring proof? What counts as proof?

- “within three days”  - so I can be tested two days after embarking?

Note - I’m not actually asking questions, just showing that any simple explanation will lead to more questions. 

1 minute ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

They have been waiting for this! and so have I! So happy! 

It is the only logistically rational outcome. Otherwise how do you deal with any back-to-back cruises that go western/eastern or vice versa.

37 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, I know this.  I was asking the other poster that expects changes for their 10/15 sailing what they expect or hope will change.

I have no idea what might change, only saying that  things are always changing, so I’m waiting until it’s a few weeks out to see what the current protocol is. So sense worrying now about a cruise in 57 days. I’m vaccinated and will get the negative test if needed. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Pianogrl44 said:

With this new vaccine policy I find it frustrating that Royal won’t refund our deposit for our November Florida sailing.  We are Canadian so our two doses aren’t considered valid because they’re more than 42 days apart.  Now they’re saying we aren’t allowed to sail and when I try to cancel they want to give us an FCC for our deposit.  We aren’t the ones choosing to cancel, they are now saying we aren’t allowed to cruise.

Try again  My  TA was able to cancel a Florida November sailing for me a couple of days ago

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, De Colores said:

I have no idea what might change, only saying that  things are always changing, so I’m waiting until it’s a few weeks out to see what the current protocol is. So sense worrying now about a cruise in 57 days. I’m vaccinated and will get the negative test if needed. 

Agree with you. We have Liberty out of Galveston scheduled for Oct 31, 2021. Both wife and I are vaccinated.

Much as we would like to cruise waiting to see final:

Ports

Mask Requirements

Testing

Whole point of cruising is to have a vacation, don't want to feel like we are in lock down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

Not accurate. The requirement is NO MORE than three days prior to your sail date, so for a Sunday departure, the earliest you can get a test is Thursday. 

Good grief! :classic_rolleyes: 

Edited by davekathy

I think the cruise lines should consider this:

It is now known that the vaccines loose their effectiveness over time and the CDC is on the verge of recommending boosters for those that received their vaccinations earlier this year (mainly Pfizer & Moderna). The CDC has no plan at this time on what to do with J & J and Astra-Zeneca vaccinated cruisers. So ..... we all may be sailing with marginally vaccinated people unless they have the booster.

Another mess for the cruise lines. This is not going to end anytime time soon .... IMHO cruising is in real trouble .....

14 hours ago, dswallow said:

Once there's approval for vaccination of kids age 5-11, that number will almost certainly always end up below that current 95% threshold the CDC uses, and likely even better than that. That approval was expected to come soon after the school year begins, I think.

I don’t think children under 12 will be vaccinated until the FDA provides the final approval for the vaccines.

It will be interesting since a lot of parents don’t want to vaccinate their children, I am curious if Royal will make under 12 in the future either vaccinated or PCR tested. Time will tell.

8 minutes ago, exm said:

I don’t think children under 12 will be vaccinated until the FDA provides the final approval for the vaccines.

It will be interesting since a lot of parents don’t want to vaccinate their children, I am curious if Royal will make under 12 in the future either vaccinated or PCR tested. Time will tell.

Pfizer has publicly stated they expect the results of their current trial for ages 5-11 in September and will likely apply for approval shortly thereafter. The results of the trial for ages 2-5 should be available shortly thereafter and the trial for those 6 months to 2 years by November or December.

Moderna also has various trials underway though generally trails Pfizer's by a few months.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, zekekelso said:

Two problems with this approach:

1) Some of us don’t have common sense

2) Your explanation (any simple explanation) is vague which can lead to misunderstanding 

- “next three months” starting when? Base on departure date or any day on ship?

- “be vaccinated” - what counts as vaccinated? Do I just need to be vaccinated, or do I need to bring proof? What counts as proof?

- “within three days”  - so I can be tested two days after embarking?

Note - I’m not actually asking questions, just showing that any simple explanation will lead to more questions. 

Anyone having these questions shouldn't be cruising or allowed in society in general w/o a legal guardian for that matter.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, catmandu73 said:

It specifically said that you have to have the COVID results from an accredited lab - no doctor's note - and i am wondering if you go to the doctor's office, you don't see the doctor, you go to the lab for the test and they give you paperwork, is that considered a "doctor's note"? 

on their website RCI specifies that it cannot be a handwritten doctor's note of any kind. It has to be official.