How is the shower gel and shampoo that Carnival provides?

BoozinCroozin

4 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

I won't do any of that either. However, my snorkel fins, mask/snorkel, and suitcase alone weigh 15lbs. I have not done a real test run on what to pack, but it leaves me ~25lbs for everything else. Plan on the 10lbs extra for souvenirs.

My bag and cruising clothes weigh 37lbs but I only fly if Im going to Europe for a TA

9 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Just curious how people like the shower gel and shampoo from the dispensers in the shower? I am not picky as long as it doesn't dry out my skin. However, DW and DD will have their personal preference. I am just trying to limit the weight of the luggage going on the plane.

I use both. I’m not particular, but my wife brings her own. 

4 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Despite the constant recommendations I've never had to use Duct Tape or a hanging Shoe bag organizer on any of my cruises. 

I always taken duct tape, a very small roll. I have used it once to tape a suitcase torn in transit from the porter to our cabin. This last time there was a very loud wind howling through our balcony door. I felt for the spot where the air was coming in and then covered it with duct tape. Worked like a charm. 

2 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Interesting, the top 5 ingredients are the same in both.

Detergent, by any other name, is still detergent.  Technically very little "liquid" product is truly a soap, so the products that clean in some fashion are going to have a lot of commonality.

EDIT: as for the OP:

We tend to bring our own hair care products.  I often can get away with using the supplied shampoo, but even with short hair I need some conditioner, and if it is in a longer phase ( as it is now) I really need the conditioner.  And of course, my wife doubly so.

Edited by ProgRockCruiser

5 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Despite the constant recommendations I've never had to use Duct Tape or a hanging Shoe bag organizer on any of my cruises. 

Heh, I just made sure to locate our "over door shoe organizer" for our upcoming cruise.  We use it for shoes, sunscreen, aloe, and all kinds of odds and sods.  very convenient, IMHO, and takes up very little space in our luggage.

Here is the link to the website that sells the body wash, they only sell big bottles:

https://www.readycare.com/body-eclipse-spa-shower-gel-bulk-302054

After further research I found the website for individual purchase:

https://readycaredirect.com/collections/shower-gel-body-wash

Edited by laurell410
Found more information

12 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Just curious how people like the shower gel and shampoo from the dispensers in the shower? I am not picky as long as it doesn't dry out my skin. However, DW and DD will have their personal preference. I am just trying to limit the weight of the luggage going on the plane.

If your hair is more than 3 inches long, bring your own conditioner.  You can probably make it work with the shower gel, soap, and shampoo. My husband doesn't need the better conditioner, but I sure do. Especially if I am showering twice a day, for a day at a beach/ getting ready for dinner.   At home, I only shower once a day. Most of the answers in this post didn't specify if they were male or female.  I think that makes a difference.  I am a low maintenance female, and I need better conditioner. I have long hair. 

As a bald person, I'm confident it will meet my needs; your mileage may vary. May I suggest stopping at a store to buy these items on the way to port. You can also buy your bottle of wine to bring on board. Or ship to, and stop at, an Amazon locker if you are time constrained.

• Haha 1

On 8/22/2021 at 1:29 PM, BoozinCroozin said:

I won't do any of that either. However, my snorkel fins, mask/snorkel, and suitcase alone weigh 15lbs. I have not done a real test run on what to pack, but it leaves me ~25lbs for everything else. Plan on the 10lbs extra for souvenirs.

About 25 years ago I got the best advice for packing for a cruise from someone who cruised a good bit.

Lay out what you are thinking about taking...........and put half of it back as you will not use it.

Maybe one day I will learn the lesson and stop dragging stuff I never use all over the place.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, marne001 said:

They both smell good,  love the lemongrass!

However, the shampoo has sodium lauryl sulfate, which is a harsh detergent and we'll dry your hair out. I always bring my own shampoo but I love their body gel.

Totally agree with you my friend. I rarely use the shampoo and gels in hotel rooms, cabins and other places. I would rather buy my own one or take one with me on board. Its way more convenient.. and it smells better =D 

I thought I was as unpicky as any person that exists when it comes to soap.  I mean I am happy with the $1 body wash from WalMart.  My wife usually packs me a travel bottle but didn't this time.  I found this stuff was horrible.  It would not lather or rinse clean.  I will make sure I pack some in the future.

I haven't used their shampoo the last 39 times I sailed on Carnival.  My first 2 cruises with them I didn't know better.

I have a lot less hair on my head than in 2003 when I first sailed on the Paradise, but I'm not willing to subject my few remaining locks to that kind of indignity!

Edited by evandbob
  • Haha 2

On 8/22/2021 at 9:36 AM, mrpayroll said:

To save you from reading any further, some will say fine, some will say just o.k, and others will tell you to bring your own they never use it.

Yes but their post will be THE DEFINITIVE post.  Yours and mine is just more noise!