The Daily for Tuesday August 24, 2021

richwmn

4 minutes ago, Himself said:

Rich:

Thank you for the Daily Fleet report.  I am back home from  Irish Fest in Milwaukee. 

I was celebrating my 82nd birthday.   Have a great day.

A belated happy birthday to you

E977BF93-0EFA-457C-A4CE-A368E9A43179.gif.c294fc763098b264bcf1dfe691bac067.gif

• Like 10

Good morning all!  It seems to be pretty humid outside today because the windows had moisture on them when I woke up early today.  I'm also having some issues staying asleep till morning.  Yesterday it was 3:30 am when I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep.  Lots of worries on my mind as well.  I'll be glad when Tyler is out of surgery and recovering. 

A diverse and interesting group of days to commemorate today.  The quote is unique as well.  I am not a fan of orzo either so will pass on it.  Thanks to @rafinmd for keeping our lists for us.  Prayers for all in need and congrats to those celebrating.

I'm about ready to start praying for my keyboard on my laptop because it's been acting wacky all week.  The cursor will jump to a new spot on my posts in the middle of typing a sentence and I have to stop and fix the jumbled mess.  So if I start posting crazy gibberish you know why.  I'm not going insane even though it feels that way.  Takes so long to type anything anymore.  😡

@kazuthanks for your garden pics today.  So much greenery to care for.  But the best was the travel in 2021 cartoon.  Laughing out loud!!!

And no I haven't been to Lembar, Indonesia.  On the list it goes!  Photos and commentary appreciated on that stop.

Edited to add a belated Happy Birthday, Father!  An Irish festival sounds like a great place to celebrate.

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 21

Good  morning  and  thanks  to  all for  the  Daily. We  have  hot  and  humid  weather  today  but  at  least  the  rain  has  stopped. It  seems  as  if  a  lot  of  us  are  awake  at  3  am  lately!  There  is  a  lot  going  on lately  and  it  can  interfere  with  sleep  a  great  deal.

One  of  our  favorite  NYC restaurants is  Carmine's. They  serve  great  Italian  food family  style  and  it  is  always  an  event  to  eat  there. We  also  have  a  small  neighborhood  place  next  door  in  the  Bronx  that  we  now  get  takeout from. I  miss  eating  inside  and  the  festive  atmosphere  but  that  will  have  to  wait.

Yesterday  we  helped  Tana  move  back  to  her  own  home  with  her  son  and  dog. We  are  a  little  nervous as  she  is  still  quite  weak  but  totally  understand  her  need  to  be  in  her  own  home.  DD  and  I  will  assist  her  for  a  few  hours  a  day  each  and  provide  meal  service. I  will  have  to  bring  Fred  with  me as  he  really  misses  having  a  fellow  dog  at  all  times.  I  spent  a  long  time  trying  to  get  our  power  company  on  the  phone  to  let  them  know  about  her  oxygen. I  think  things  are  still  problematic  around  here  after  the  storm  we  had.

We  have  not  been  to  the  port  of  the  day. The  recipe  sounds  delicious,  thanks  Debbie ,. @dfish@Himself, Belated  Happy  Birthday!

I  had  a  good  friend who  played us  Shakubachi (sp?) music  to  drive  us  nuts.....to  each  his  own.

Terry

• Like 21

Good Morning from a very cloudy day at the beach

It is warm, it is humid, it is August. Now you have it.

Never been to todays port, looking forward to the pictures.

@StLouisCruisers Sending prayers for your GS. He is young to have such issues. Hope all will be well.

Had good news at the dentist yesterday. He thought I needed a root canal but did not.  But I do have a temporary crown. He gives a discount for cash. No checks because of the tourists. Went to my bank prior to the appointment and it is closed again! Didnt have time to go to Merritt Island to the other branch, so I was upset I was losing my discount.  Well the girl at the front office said, oh we know you, bring it when you can! I was so happy. So this morning heading out to get the money. Jeez. 

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 23

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  When I think of iconic American restaurants, I think of the diners we used to see in the movies.  We've seen Mt. Vesuvius and toured Pompeii - what a place it is/was.  If I'm playing any musical instrument, then it's officially Strange Music Day; I leave the music to DH in our family.

@Mr. Boston Paula Poundstone was referring to the fact that you have to know your mother's maiden name, the colour of her shoes on that day, and other ridiculous facts in order to open a bank account.

We were roused out of our sleep around 12:30 this morning when a thunderstorm went through the city.  Loads of lightning and thunder that shook the house repeatedly.  Along with it was blessed rain - which after the light and noise was gone, kept falling, lulling us back into a relaxed sleep.   Unfortunately the storm system brought tornado like winds to the south part of the province - with a couple of farms sustaining severe damage.  Like the farmers haven't had enough grief this year already with the drought, grasshoppers, etc.

I'm going for a haircut today - yay!  It gets to the point where I almost want to take the scissors to myself, but thankfully my stylist has a salon in her home just a few doors away and was able to fit me into her schedule before I tried my hand at it.

I'm not sure I'd use today's menu suggestion as a main course, but it would work as a side dish - with the addition of a few more mushrooms.  DH was talking about the fact that we haven't had a rotisserie chicken in a long while, so I might dash over to the grocery store and pick one up.  That means warm chicken sandwiches for lunch, and then we can have chicken, veggies and a salad for dinner tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for @StLouisCruisersDGS Tyler and for his surgical team today.  Raising the glasses to celebrate all on the happy list.  Belated Happy Birthday @Himself, hope you enjoyed your day.  Be well, stay safe, wash your hands, wear your masks, and hydrate!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

🤔Well like others, I didn't sleep well...so what's that about? 👍Thank you to Rich @richwmn and to Roy @rafinmd for the Care and Celebration Lists.

🎶 I ask Alexa to play some "favorites" occasionally, too.😉🎶

The only 2 ports in Indonesia we visited in the past were Bali and Komodo Island. Looking forward to seeing some photos from today's port of call.🚢

🙏Prayers to all in need and Happy (belated) Birthday Wishes to @Himself.🎂

Katie

FB_IMG_1629810116139.jpg

FB_IMG_1629810079238.jpg

• Like 14
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Yesterday  we  helped  Tana  move  back  to  her  own  home  with  her  son  and  dog. We  are  a  little  nervous as  she  is  still  quite  weak  but  totally  understand  her  need  to  be  in  her  own  home.  DD  and  I  will  assist  her  for  a  few  hours  a  day  each  and  provide  meal  service. I  will  have  to  bring  Fred  with  me as  he  really  misses  having  a  fellow  dog  at  all  times. 

Good news on Tana.  I hope she can manage and God Bless you for al you have done (and will be doing) for her and her family.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today's daily and care reports.

Interesting food,drink and quote of the day.

I was a record sales rep in the 1980s and came across lots of strange music.

When in the US we call at iconic American restaurants like Denny's for breakfast and Longhorn steakhouse for dinner.

Last night we had dinner in a speciality restaurant.

Scallops for starters.

Cheese Soufflé for Pauline and Beef for me for main.

We both had cheese plates for deserts.

Bottle of Sauvignon Blanc to wash down our food.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone on the care list and for anyone else who would  benefit from prayers. 

Take care.

Graham.

IMG_20210823_182020.jpg

IMG_20210823_194319.jpg

IMG_20210823_194745.jpg

IMG_20210823_182215.jpg

IMG_20210823_183829.jpg

• Like 24

@smitty34877good to hear Tana felt well enough to go back home.  Let's hope she's right and remains feeling well.  So nice of you and DD to help her out so much.  Blessings to all!

Tyler's surgery is set for 12:30 eastern and should take an hour.  I'm hoping all goes smoothly and there are no complications.😷

Graham and Pauline, still living the good life!  Enjoy!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Tyler's surgery is set for 12:30 eastern and should take an hour.  I'm hoping all goes smoothly and there are no complications.

Do let us know when you know, please?  🙏🏻 for Tyler.

• Like 11

30 minutes ago, kazu said:

Do let us know when you know, please?  🙏🏻 for Tyler.

I will do that.  DD is teaching but I will ask her to relay the information by text.  Her ex is taking Tyler in for the surgery and taking him home with him.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Quite the combination of days. 

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy! Morning Dailyite family! Sandi, @StLouisCruisers, prayers for a successful surgery for DGS!

A busy day ahead. I am heading down the path of replacing my roof and have lots of meetings set up to get estimates. I believe I know who I want to do the job, but I perhaps these meetings will change my mind. 

I just finished talking with roofers. Building next to me will be done this Fall - they have had a nasty leak. Ours will be done in the Spring unless the roofer sees major problems and he does not expect to since he did some minor work a couple of winters ago. Quotes were generally less that expected.... I went with my old stand-by.

Susan

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, I will have to type quickly and hope I make it on page 2!  Happy Belated Birthday to Father @Himself, and I'll pray for Tana and Tyler that things go well!

I have a very poor photo of Mt. Vesuvius looming over Naples.

IMG_3597.thumb.JPG.57a437d1f8ed6fe538e67af9570c0f9f.JPG

We had big news yesterday, Dr. Bonnie has decreed that a vaccine card will be required for entry to "non-essential" venues, such as restaurants, gyms, shows and games, etc., starting in September.  I wonder how that is going to work out, and who is going to enforce it.  And people coming from other provinces will have to prove they are vaccinated, too.  

I found a better photo of Vesuvius and Naples, taken from Sorrento I think.  The first was from the HoHo bus out of Naples.

P1010317.JPG.ee9f39efc51dc35e1e1d81617e021c9b.JPG

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 19