Pinnacle Lounge

Biker19

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Yes those were phenomenal deals from lesser ships. Have you been chatting with Rory? He sent me the same message.😉

I miss him here, he kept me honest.

LOL, he and I made the same comment to one another. Hard to beat a good deal though. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

So, you're carrying M8's water now. 😉

Just kidding, BTW

Actually I sent a screen shot to him, and the response was that he was just about to give you the gears. 

16 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Maybe they’re watching to see how much use it gets.   

m

Since they are assigning alternate open lounges (no keyed entry, probably no coffee machine 😞 ), they can open or close each week I suppose, according to number of Pinnies aboard each week.  

Sometimes can be 50 plus...sometimes 4-5...and have been on cruises where there was one or none.  😮 

23 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

And how do you know this??

Because I have witnessed the "dress" part in the last 3 days on HM's suite lounge. Terrible when most guests wear proper casual during lounge hours 5-8pm and some parvenus come and sit in bath- and sports dress, flip-flops and tank shirts.

The tipping part is confirmed by 3 servers/waiters in the suite lounge. That's why they said they miss the Pinnacles. Don't blame me I am only the messenger and confirming trippintex' posting

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Experience on the Ovation last month (final Alaska sailing in Oct) - the lounge dedicated to Pinnacles for a few hours in the evening was the Music Hall. It was so loud from the activities (sports programs on the large screen on the lower level) you could not hear yourself think, much less talk to anyone else.  Given the location next to the Diamond Lounge, that proved to be a much more comfortable location. 

Even in the lounges, the "drink coupons" were used. 

Economically, for the ship's budget this makes a lot of sense as it limits the amount spent on alcohol. 

Also of note - the coffee machine was manned from morning to mid-evening then emptied so those of us who might want a latte at an insane hour couldn't self serve...

-Holly

I was also on the Ovation.  NFL Monday night football, Thursday night Football and Sunday night football along with Saturday night college football made it imposable to carry on a conversation.  We all moved over to the Diamond Lounge to talk.  Not an ideal location for an evening lounge.

1 minute ago, WeMissSeaView said:

I was also on the Ovation.  NFL Monday night football, Thursday night Football and Sunday night football along with Saturday night college football made it imposable to carry on a conversation.  We all moved over to the Diamond Lounge to talk.  Not an ideal location for an evening lounge.

And the only reason that worked was because of the low number of people on the ship. I am thinking this is going to be a serious issue on the long haul repositioning cruises (trans-Atlantic, trans-Pacific) if they don't make a better choice for lounge locations. Music hall makes sense for staffing as the same staff can serve both the DL and the temp PL. But with the numbers of people on the long cruises..... and vouchers, while useful, don't help on the "making new friends" front.

-Holly

(remembering a Legends of the Seas TA where there were FIVE passengers who ere NOT C&A members. Needless to say, all the lounges were relocated due to volumes of people)