Jim_Iain - 9/5 and 9/17 Equinox B2B - Come along for a Live Blog

Jim_Iain

Hi Jim_Iain, 

great to see the live from review show up, we are on the Apex TA 10th October (hopefully 🤞🏻) so following you along will help a few weeks pass by easier reading all your updates 😊 

great news about the upgrade I can only imagine how great that’ll be (very jealous indeed) 

enjoy 🥂🍸

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

You guys  are really getting me excited and in cruise mode.   Picked up some sun screen today and some Arctic Cool shirts.    Our climate is very moderate here in Sunnyvale with most days about 75 F and virtually no humidity.    The Florida and Caribbean temps and humidity really take a toll on me.   

Happy to hear you’re getting back on the ship.

BTW…spent a lot of my career in Sunnyvale, Fremont, Palo Alto…….

Jim

happy to see you are doing a live review.  I remember your last one and sad reading where you received the cancelation after flying. 

We are on the Edge on Saturday and so looking forward to it as it is our first vacation since our last cruise 2/2020.  

wishing you both safe and happy travels and a wonderful cruise.  

43 minutes ago, stunned said:

I’m so looking forward to cruising along with you via this thread.  We don’t cruise until November 7 on Equinox so thank you in advance.

Judy

Thanks  Judy.    I'm sure the time will fly by.    I know it is for  us, especially with 4 days left to go.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MR_T said:

Hi Jim_Iain, 

great to see the live from review show up, we are on the Apex TA 10th October (hopefully 🤞🏻) so following you along will help a few weeks pass by easier reading all your updates 😊 

great news about the upgrade I can only imagine how great that’ll be (very jealous indeed) 

enjoy 🥂🍸

We had resigned ourselves to no upgrading.    Yesterday there was only 1 S2 and 1 S1 available.   I wonder if someone cancelled the RS.    The  bid we received allowed us to bid on a CS, RS and PS and none were available for booking.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Happy to hear you’re getting back on the ship.

BTW…spent a lot of my career in Sunnyvale, Fremont, Palo Alto…….

Wow... Many people not in Tech have never hear of our little towns.    If asked while sailing we normally say San Francisco or San Jose as most people know the names.

BTW if you haven't been back for awhile things are booming an they are building everywhere.   Everything is now starting to go UP instead of OUT like the past.   

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, maggieq said:

Jim

happy to see you are doing a live review.  I remember your last one and sad reading where you received the cancelation after flying. 

We are on the Edge on Saturday and so looking forward to it as it is our first vacation since our last cruise 2/2020.  

wishing you both safe and happy travels and a wonderful cruise.  

Thanks.    I feel like Ground Hog Day is  finally ending after  the past 1 1/2 years.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, gbphipps said:

Jim and Iain have a wonderful SKI trip (Spending Kids’ Inheritance).  It’s our favorite thing too do.  Will be enjoying your cruise until we can board the Millennium in Oct for the Panama Canal cruise.

That  looks like a really nice cruise.    We've done the Canal 2x and enjoyed  it both time.    Very interesting and fun to watch  all the action.     Millennium is our favorite ship.    She was the  first ship we ever sailed in 2000 and have a soft spot in  our hearts for  her. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, SSAtlantic said:

We are having a somewhat heated discussion about renting golf carts or doing a snorkel trip in Bonaire in January, so will be waiting for your review of the day. 
Safe travels and stay well. 

I'll be happy to fill you in on how it goes.    I was uncertain at first but  decided to book it and explore on our own.  

Bon voyage gentlemen.  I am looking forward to following along.  Congrats on your successful move up bid to a Royal Suite.  That will be quite a nice way to celebrate your Zenith level.  Did you see the Zenith cakes posted on social media recently?  I think they might have been on board Celebrity Edge.

Have you talked with Celebrity about how they plan to handle the COVID testing for your second cruise?  I assume they will test you on-board.  

i am hoping this is the case as in December we walk off of the Reflection and go straight to Miami to board Symphony of the Seas. 

I look forward to reading your adventures.  We have our third ABC islands cruise scheduled on Silhouette next March. 

Celebrity tests their B2B passengers onboard at the end of the first leg.   I don't know if they would do the test onboard for a side by side sailing especially with different lines even if the same parent company.

You may want to look at the monitored tests you can take at home as long as you have decent wifi onboard.

Jim

Congratulations to you and Iain on securing a Royal Suite for the first leg of your journey. What a wonderful way to return to cruising!

You have a whole bunch of cruising friends who will be living vicariously through you. Thank you so much for offering to share your time with us. 

Enjoy your time on the beautiful Celebrity Equinox. 

Randy

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

That  looks like a really nice cruise.    We've done the Canal 2x and enjoyed  it both time.    Very interesting and fun to watch  all the action.     Millennium is our favorite ship.    She was the  first ship we ever sailed in 2000 and have a soft spot in  our hearts for  her. 

We booked it as a fun way to get to Ft. Lauderdale without flights (other than to LA).  We have 5 cruises booked after the Millennium through January 7th.  Isn’t retired life grand?

• Like 1

You have me concerned…. Was going to follow your B2B2B cruise in March 2020 until the cruise world got shut down.   If it happens again with your upcoming B2B I may have to start blaming you for this whole Covid mess 😋

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

What part of Tennessee ya from?    I'm a UT Knoxville Grad and all of my relative going back to 1800 were from Blount and Sevier Counties. 

We live in Knoxville! We’ll be wearing our Vols mask to board! Not UT grads, but still big fans!  Sounds like you are in California now; we lived there for many years.

10 hours ago, upwarduk said:

What about testing between cruises?

Didn't notice an answer, so ...

Celebrity handles that onboard the day before the turnaround.  They also take care of it that way if you have a side-by-side (sort of a B2B but on different ships) within 3 days of the return of the first cruise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We share our neighborhood with tech giants like Apple….

I work at Apple in Sunnyvale (N Mary Ave)!  Very much looking forward to your trip journal.  We were supposed to be on our first Celebrity cruise in November 2020 for our 30th anniversary.  Now it is pushed out to November 2022 ☹️  So, I will live vicariously through those of you who are kind enough to share your trips with us!

3 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

Bon voyage gentlemen.  I am looking forward to following along.  Congrats on your successful move up bid to a Royal Suite.  That will be quite a nice way to celebrate your Zenith level.  Did you see the Zenith cakes posted on social media recently?  I think they might have been on board Celebrity Edge.

No we had our Celebration on a TA on Silhouette a couple years ago,  just never got around to booking the free cruise.   

You may have seen our picture on Edge with Marcia's initiation.    We have traveled with her quite a bit and she joined in our celebration as well. 

I've not seen a cake posted before.   Ours was HUGE and we initially had it sent to Retreat to share with the Retreat guests and then had the rest sent to the  Staff Galley.     Ours had an individual cake for each letter spelling out Zenith.   I think between the Senior Officers on the Bridge and Retreat we had only eaten the "Z".     They said the crew loved it and thanked us for thanking of them.

• Like 1