Apex or Reflection

brooker

Hi everyone.  I am having trouble deciding between the Apex and Reflection.  Same exact dates next March, out of FLL.  Apex is western Caribbean and Reflection is eastern Caribbean. I love the idea of being on a new ship, with one port i have never been to - Belize.  But Reflection stops at St. Thomas which i do love, and it also stops in Dominican Republic and i have never been there.

Any thoughts, comments, advice, ideas to help me make a decision.  Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Have you been on either ship?  What cabin category are you looking at? 
Do you typically spend time on a balcony?  

we have not been on either ship.  We will be in a concierge category cabin, and yes we do spend time on the balcony but never hours at a time.  Typically, we will eat breakfast a few mornings on the balcony, and then maybe late afternoon we will sit out there with a cocktail.  

Most cabins on the Apex do not have traditional balconies.  They have a floor to ceiling window which the top half can be lowered but no access to the outside,

Those cabins are not our favorite.  We felt that on cool weather itineraries they would be nice but not on a Caribbean itinerary when we’re we’re trying to get away from cold. 

We have been on the a reflection 4x and enjoyed.  We like variety of speciality restaurants, particularly the Lawn Grill and Murano.

14 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Most cabins on the Apex do not have traditional balconies.  They have a floor to ceiling window which the top half can be lowered but no access to the outside,

Those cabins are not our favorite.  We felt that on cool weather itineraries they would be nice but not on a Caribbean itinerary when we’re we’re trying to get away from cold. 

We have been on the a reflection 4x and enjoyed.  We like variety of speciality restaurants, particularly the Lawn Grill and Murano.

Thanks for your help, and we do love the lawn club grill! 

30 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

What they are referring to is the Infinte Veranda, which the concierge class cabin on Apex, check it out, it’s not a balcony.

thanks.  i have watched several videos of people showing and explaining the infinite veranda.  I am not sure how i feel about it.  I mean you get fresh air correct?  But i guess you feel like you are inside more than you feel like you are outside? 

2 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Ship: Apex 

Itinerary: Reflection 

I would not put any confidence at all in any of the ports being set in stone. Cabin category would also make a difference, as well as price. In some cases Apex is going to be significantly more expensive. 

great point about the ports.  so i guess i shouldn't make my decision based on ports.  

Both great ships. However, Apex comes out top. 
Beautiful design, good specialty restaurants… which are hardly required because the 4 different dining rooms are terrific.

if you don’t want an IV stateroom, choose a sunset veranda.

4 minutes ago, brooker said:

i would love a sunset veranda but i think it is over my budget.  😑

Price it out, you may be surprised, well not Apex, Edge, Beyond those prices right now are all simply ridiculous!  The sale Celebrity is running now is pretty good. Good luck, I see a sunset veranda in your future!!

Reflection and Solstice are my favorite ships. That been said we are booked on Apex in June because of itinerary. We usually book Concierge but downgraded on Apex to get a Sunset Veranda suit so we had a traditional veranda. Time will tell but I’m leaning toward a traditional veranda. 

For your first cruise on X I would suggest the Reflection in AQ.   AQ may be a little more than CC but worth it as it gives access to the Persian Gardens and dining in Blu.   I am also sure it is cheaper than the Edge

Then when on board book a future cruise on the Edge.  It will give you some extra OBC maybe perks 

This is my opinion and I am sure others will disagree.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 2

In Spring of 2019,  we did the Edge transatlantic in an IV cabin, and felt closed in not having the “real” balcony. Did enjoy the four different dining venues, but not the indoor pool area.

In the fall of 2019 we did the Reflection(also booked for fall 2022) transatlantic in an Aqua cabin - it was literally like a “breath of fresh air”! We also had the Reflection booked for both transatlantic sails this year, but got cancelled out of both.

In November we are returning to the sea on the Apex for a nine day sail in a IV cabin, and I’m sure we’ll enjoy it to the fullest! But, in December we return to the Silhouette for a twelve day cruise in an Aqua cabins; we still favor the S class(also doing the Equinox b2b in February).

Enjoy your cruise either way!!

Hal