Release dates

adamscott

4 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Just read you cannot choose your cabin number if you pre register and lock in your cruise. I won't risk it on Arvia, don't want a balcony on the dreaded Deck 8 !

If you use a good online TA, they will endevour to get you the cabon of your choice, if you can give them a few to choose from. Our TA always gets us our first choice cabin, even though we need an accessible cabin which ar very limited.

41 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Probably by tier then , as I am Mediterranean and our surname begins with C!

Possibly it's just random.

I currently have a few P&O cruises booked but my last P&O cruise was 12 years ago and my Surname begins with an "S".

I received that email early this morning.

49 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Possibly because I am Caribbean?  Or maybe they do it by surname?

Whatever system P&O use it must be pretty well automated. My email from them today is timed at 10.17 am - exactly the same time as my email from them 3 weeks ago today, when they said their two new collections would be "arriving soon".

I have seen videos on youtube about Iona and those "Deck 8 cabins..." I could understand now having seen videos of Iona how disappointing it would be to have a Deck 8 cabin....... I reckon I would always want a Deck 14 cabin with a balcony.... but... In the past I`ve always pre-registered and got what I wanted then when the cruises are officially on sale, I have rang P&O and told them which cabin I`d like and have always got it, even before they email me with booking reference / cabin number...

Its exciting isnt it, Tuesday 2nd November will be like christmas eve !!

1 minute ago, cruisefan2012 said:

, I have rang P&O and told them which cabin I`d like

Good luck with that in the current environment !

Why not just tell a TA what cabin (s) you want, and let them sort it all out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

If you use a good online TA, they will endevour to get you the cabon of your choice, if you can give them a few to choose from. Our TA always gets us our first choice cabin, even though we need an accessible cabin which ar very limited.

I have a very good TA who gives personal service. I am sure she will do her best to get me a suitable cabin if I chose a late 23 summer cruise. It's just that reading the P&O speel on pre registering, you were assigned a cabin and would have to wait until general release to choose one. I'll speak to my TA, I know if it's possible, she will deliver.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisefan2012 said:

I dont use travel agents - so outdated...

It may be outdated in your opinion, but with the experience of nearly 20 yes cruising I find that my TA offers me far superior service to P&O, and gives us a discounted price as well. 

Despite the UK not honouring price drops,  we have made quite good savings by cancelling and re-booking when this occurs, and have never lost our original cabin and not had anything to do ourselves after starting the process.

We still have had some direct contact with P&O, when we have had cause to complain or raise any other issues with them, and the service levels are woeful compared with our TA.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Bin man said:

Are the future cruise desks open on the ships yet .If not do you think they will staff the desk on cruises that are sailing when the live bookings start 

In out second Britannia staycation we booked an Iona cruise. 15% off at the future cruises desk. The very nice young lady also fixed our peninsula club points.

Wonder if anyone can help? I usually pre-register with P&O and always get a great price but this year I want to switch a booking from December 22 to a Fjords cruise in May of 23. I assume I have to wait until the cruises go on general sale to do that. Does anyone know if the price changes from the pre register price to the first day on general sale? I'm trying to figure out if it would be better to pre register for a cruise (I want a suite) and pay a new 5% deposit and then forgo my existing deposit only £116 or wait until the cruise I want is on general sale and switch my deposit to the new cruise. If the suite price has risen by more than £116 from pre register to general sale, I'd be better off starting from scratch but if it's the same price I might as well wait and not lose the existing £116 deposit. I hope I've made sense?

3 minutes ago, bungle66 said:

Wonder if anyone can help? I usually pre-register with P&O and always get a great price but this year I want to switch a booking from December 22 to a Fjords cruise in May of 23. I assume I have to wait until the cruises go on general sale to do that. Does anyone know if the price changes from the pre register price to the first day on general sale? I'm trying to figure out if it would be better to pre register for a cruise (I want a suite) and pay a new 5% deposit and then forgo my existing deposit only £116 or wait until the cruise I want is on general sale and switch my deposit to the new cruise. If the suite price has risen by more than £116 from pre register to general sale, I'd be better off starting from scratch but if it's the same price I might as well wait and not lose the existing £116 deposit. I hope I've made sense?

I know what you mean, I believe you may have to wait until the day of general sale and phone up and explain your situation - You never know?... Good luck

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisefan2012 said:

I do. I have my own ‘cruise consultant’ who knows my preferences and does all the donkey work. And gives me a discount! I have her direct e-mail so no ‘arranging’ my day and spending two hours trying to get P&O to answer my call. In the past when I used to book 3 cabins, she knew exactly what I was looking for. She does the parking for me too. 

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

I had a cruise booked for November this year with my TA and wanted to move it to January 2023 when they were released, but had to wait until they went on general sale.  It was the same price when I transferred it. 

You say you had to wait until they went on general sale. Does that mean we cannot move our deposits to newly released cruises when they go on sale to the top three tiers, on 8th Nov and 22nd Nov? Cos that's what I've been waiting all these weeks and months to try to do.  And from reading posts on here, it seems that other people have been waiting to do that as well.

16 minutes ago, Valfan said:

You say you had to wait until they went on general sale. Does that mean we cannot move our deposits to newly released cruises when they go on sale to the top three tiers, on 8th Nov and 22nd Nov? Cos that's what I've been waiting all these weeks and months to try to do.  And from reading posts on here, it seems that other people have been waiting to do that as well.

I don't know. I can only say what happened to me.

6 hours ago, cruisefan2012 said:

I would normally agree with you, but with regards to booking a cruise,  especially at launch, you basically have three options.

• Pre-register with P&O,  but then have to spend however long on the phone to get the cabin you want.
  • Try and book online,  but you do not see full cabin availability, and the best cabins will already have gone.
  • Pre-register with a TA, tell them the cabin (s) you want, let them sort it all out for you, and get a better price as well.

For once,  outdated is best !

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, cruisefan2012 said:

Outdated?  You can't be serious.  P&O's website - now that's outdated!   Registering with P&O for a new release means you get a cabin that you don't want, and then have to try to get through to them to change it.  My TA just goes ahead and books the cabins I want.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, wowzz said:

I would normally agree with you, but with regards to booking a cruise,  especially at launch, you basically have three options.

• Pre-register with P&O,  but then have to spend however long on the phone to get the cabin you want.
  • Try and book online,  but you do not see full cabin availability, and the best cabins will already have gone.
  • Pre-register with a TA, tell them the cabin (s) you want, let them sort it all out for you, and get a better price as well.

For once,  outdated is best !

Oh you said it so much better than I did.  I didn't see your post when I posted. 🙂

Unbelievable comment.  The service I get from my TA in Wales is second to none.  Recommended by someone on here.  There is no way I would either book online or try to phone to book with P&O.  Why would I do that when he does everything for us and sends all the stuff by post to our friend who is not on the net.

Not even sure I understand the comment about a TA being outdated?  They have access to all the cabins, whereas booking online you only see what P&O want you to see.

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 5