Apple on Apex

NHCRUISIN

On the Edge this past August, I bought a 7th generation iPad for $329 (no tax of course) at the iLounge and it works great. Yes, it's not the "latest", but it was new (not refurbished) and does everything that I need it to do. The best part is I bought it using nonrefundable OBC.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NHCRUISIN said:

What do you mean by not up to date, that they don’t carry the most recent or current versions?

Especially due to the long shutdown, they're sitting on a lot of even older inventory than usual.  Sailing with lower capacity may also mean it takes longer to flush that through, though boatloads of OBC handed out may offset some of that.

• Like 1

On Edge 10-2-2021 sailing and used most of nonrefundable OBC to purchase 13" mac book pro. Over heard a conversation with another passenger ahead of us. Attendant was giving an additional 5% discount. When our turn came, my first question to attendant "Is the 5% discount off these Apple products ?" Sure enough ! Spent $1710 no tax of our 'linked' OBC accounts. Important to make sure OBC accounts are linked when using OBC, avoids hassle and time spent in long lines at end of cruise 'settling up' at guest services. (Not everything can be reconciled by Retreat concierges).  Also, had to put the purchase 'on the side' until the ship left port before the attendant could 'ring up' the order on embarkation day. (They only had 4 units).

Edited by morpheusofthesea
more info

3 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

On Edge 10-2-2021 sailing and used most of nonrefundable OBC to purchase 13" mac book pro. Over heard a conversation with another passenger ahead of us. Attendant was giving an additional 5% discount. When our turn came, my first question to attendant "Is the 5% discount off these Apple products ?" Sure enough ! Spent $1710 no tax of our 'linked' OBC accounts. Important to make sure OBC accounts are linked when using OBC, avoids hassle and time spent in long lines at end of cruise 'settling up' at guest services. (Not everything can be reconciled by Retreat concierges).

If I might ask, what is a "linked" account? Is that required when you're traveling with a friend in the same cabin but have posted separate credit cards? We have never heard of this term before, but then I only cruise with my DW and we only have one account with one credit card tied to it on any cruise we sail on.

1 minute ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If I might ask, what is a "linked" account? Is that required when you're traveling with a friend in the same cabin but have posted separate credit cards? We have never heard of this term before, but then I only cruise with my DW and we only have one account with one credit card tied to it on any cruise we sail on.

"Linked accounts" is the term used by the purser when we went to guest services to make sure the $1710 was coming off of our combined ship board accounts. He looked up our accounts and said to us that we are automatically "linked" when we used the one credit card for both accounts.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, jelayne said:

Just off the Edge next to no inventory,  nothing new. The guy working there said no idea when they would get more stock.  

Greetings

We just got off Apex on Thursday and the Apple inventory was very sparse.  Rest of the ship was wonderful.

Good Sailing

Tom

Even land based Apple and cellular stores are having trouble getting new items. iPhone 13 Pros not available until late November/early December. Same for the Apple Watch 7, looking at December for available for many models. 

On 10/30/2021 at 11:58 AM, Ken the cruiser said:

We made a reservation for 2 cabins when we cruised with our children. We were asked if we wanted the reservations linked so charges would appear on 1 account. The OBC for both cabins were also merged.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

Yeah, and fresher ones, too!

Personal choice of course but why buy outdated products on board?  I suppose if one has a bucket full of OBC but even then, I’d personally assign whatever I don’t spend over to the crew, JMO

• Like 1

On 10/30/2021 at 6:11 AM, NHCRUISIN said:

What do you mean by not up to date, that they don’t carry the most recent or current versions?

Exactly.  Both.  They will likely have limited stock of older models - think last spring.  Local Apple store was pretty much empty.  Taking orders for future delivery.  On board guessing worse.

I have been a Beyond the Podium speaker aboard the Edge, Equinox and Millennium since July.  I'm also a big Apple fan and have checked out the iLounge on each ship.  I must confirm what has been said on this thread... because of the long shutdown Celebrity has a lot of "product" that they need to sell before investing in newer products (I was also trying to find a Celebrity shirt in my size and in navy on each ship.)  Depending on what you need, this may not be the time to update major Apple devices onboard the ship.

1 minute ago, PatriotsCruiser said:

Hey, slightly different question. If I buy an Apple product as a gift, can I return it unopened at an Apple store for store credit? I.E.: transfer OBC to outside the cruise?

Using OBC outside of the ship, I'd say it is no longer OBC, but good luck, this is a first!

3 hours ago, PatriotsCruiser said:

Hey, slightly different question. If I buy an Apple product as a gift, can I return it unopened at an Apple store for store credit? I.E.: transfer OBC to outside the cruise?

No. It is not Apple selling you the Apple products onboard. It is an authorized Apple reseller. It would be the same as buying an Apple product at Best Buy or on Amazon. You would have to return the purchase to  whichover of those stores you bought it from. 

Edited by Charles4515

4 hours ago, PatriotsCruiser said:

You could very easily sell it on eBay.