New Cruises on Website

Ataraxia

10 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Is it usual for deposits to be so high on pre-registration/release? 

No, if you look on a particular cruise it does state 5% for new bookings from summer 23/winter 23/24.

I think the system needs a while to catch up, especially with all the clicking from potential guests.  I myself have 4 cruises open, looking at price comparisons.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Is it usual for deposits to be so high on pre-registration/release? 

I haven’t looked at the itineraries or prices yet, but the info I have seen says 5% deposit. Isn’t that pretty normal? 

Seen the cruise that I want to switch to. I'm hoping to switch my deposit from a Dec '22 to April '23 cruise. Just really hoping a few cabins remain available in the grade I'm seeking and that the prices don't rise between today's launch and going on general sale on 9th. Does anyone know if they usually go up on the first day of general release?

24 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

No, if you look on a particular cruise it does state 5% for new bookings from summer 23/winter 23/24.

I think the system needs a while to catch up, especially with all the clicking from potential guests.  I myself have 4 cruises open, looking at price comparisons.

Thank you, that's the kind of deposit I was expecting so was a bit suprised this morning. I've added some to my favourites but when I click on favourites it says I haven't selected any 🙄 back to good old fashioned paper and pen for me this morning.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, cruisefan2012 said:

I think the websites crashed peoples!!

I cant get passed the option between saver fare and select fare.......

It kept telling me I had not selected enough passengers :classic_unsure:

Good old P&O IT ..at least they are consistent :classic_mellow:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Thank you, that's the kind of deposit I was expecting so was a bit suprised this morning. I've added some to my favourites but when I click on favourites it says I haven't selected any 🙄 back to good old fashioned paper and pen for me this morning.

Same as, listed out the potential itineraries, need a few prices to compare cabin grades, ready to phone next week.

39 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I haven’t looked at the itineraries or prices yet, but the info I have seen says 5% deposit. Isn’t that pretty normal? 

The website was stating the deposit amount at about 15%, but with the 5% early booker graphic on the same page.

As others have said, typical P&O for launch day.

Next will be the queries about is it really 5% or 10% past passenger discount.

Just now, jh1809 said:

When I attempted to search the site for 2023 just now, it refused to find anything. In fact I couldn't even get it to show anything beyond 2021!

Me too, up to half hour ago I could see summer 2023 cruises, now nothing! 🙄

45 minutes ago, bungle66 said:

Does anyone know if they usually go up on the first day of general release?

Has happened to us.  Booked on launch day, phoned about 2-3 hours after booking opened and the price went up by about £300pp.  It was for 30 nights roundtrip USA and Canada though, balcony cabin.

Ultimately it depends on popularity of the cruise and cabin grade, but can happen.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Has happened to us.  Booked on launch day, phoned about 2-3 hours after booking opened and the price went up by about £300pp.  It was for 30 nights roundtrip USA and Canada though, balcony cabin.

Ultimately it depends on popularity of the cruise and cabin grade, but can happen.

Thank you Son of Anarchy, that is very helpful to know. I have to make a decision whether to start again and forgo my existing deport (which in fairness isn't much) or take a chance that any price rise on the day of general release is less than the value of my deposit. Now where's my crystal ball hehehe

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

The website was stating the deposit amount at about 15%, but with the 5% early booker graphic on the same page.

As others have said, typical P&O for launch day.

Next will be the queries about is it really 5% or 10% past passenger discount.

The prices they are showing already have 5% newcomer discount taken off so there will only be 5% past passenger discount which will equate to 10%.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have taken a quick look at the 2023 offerings but P&O are looking unlikely for us because there is nothing new for us.  We are going to wait for other lines to put their itineraries out before we decide what to do.  We don't mind paying more to get what we want and we think that P&O have reduced their standards to a level that are close to making cruising with them unattractive to us. 

• Like 4

..Having looked through the new releases this morning I haven't been able to identify any Peninsular Club cruises. They are usually starred or highlighted. There's been a Caribbean one around the beginning of December in the last 2 or 3 years that we've been on.(not last year obviously). Or am I not looking closely enough?

4 minutes ago, Pencil62 said:

..Having looked through the new releases this morning I haven't been able to identify any Peninsular Club cruises. They are usually starred or highlighted. There's been a Caribbean one around the beginning of December in the last 2 or 3 years that we've been on.(not last year obviously). Or am I not looking closely enough?

They are there.  1st December 2023, Britannia Caribbean B329.