“Suite!” Just Retired to be a pirate at sea with Sea Dog and Polly The Pirate Semi Live Explorer Nov. 7th

Sea Dog

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Great news!    As of today and royal's website St Kitts is now off the bubble list.    Anyone fully vaxxed is allowed to book private tours, shop, etc etc.       

This was updated for St Kitts, St Lucia and Barbados.    Antigua was removed from the list the other week, so all is slowly getting back to "normal".   🤩

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Great news!    As of today and royal's website St Kitts is now off the bubble list.    Anyone fully vaxxed is allowed to book private tours, shop, etc etc.       

This was updated for St Kitts, St Lucia and Barbados.    Antigua was removed from the list the other week, so all is slowly getting back to "normal".   🤩

Wow..that is great news, Debbie!  I'll be cruising all four of those Islands, between my Feb cruise and my April cruise!😊

• Like 2

5 hours ago, George C said:

Seadog how crowded was the ship was , do you know what the capacity of the ship was on your sailing.

I never got the the official number but I was told by a crew member that it was 2100. Others have said 2000. The other number I’m hearing was 50% capacity. It did seem like there was more people. Elevators were suppose to be no more than 4 but I noticed numerous times more than that. Windjammer got more crowded as the week progressed. Specialty restaurants were not crowded at all.

pool area was busy. The solarium not so much. Most of the bars were not crowded. Schooner Bar where I hung out was never crowded.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, queeniemi said:

Were you free to get off the ship in St Kitts?

No you had to be with an Royal excursion. The other thing that was interesting was that the area of shops by the dock where all fenced off to keep other people from coming in. You were free to to roam the shops and restaurants and bars in this area but you had to stay within the perimeter.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

No you had to be with an Royal excursion. The other thing that was interesting was that the area of shops by the dock where all fenced off to keep other people from coming in. You were free to to roam the shops and restaurants and bars in this area but you had to stay within the perimeter.

<SIGH>

• Like 2

3 hours ago, queeniemi said:

Where did you find your information on Royals website? I’m extremely interested in my own tours. It would be great to go on our own, after all the years sailing this route we know what we want. Thanks!

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise

After selecting where you are sailing from then scroll down to going ashore.

For Nov and december it says you can go to the enclosed port area of st kitts and buy independent tours if fully vaxxed.

Back to where we started. Breakfast one last time in the windjammer then Debarkation at 9am. Long day ahead. I will start the in-depth review on tomorrow. Lots to tell you and show you. Thank you for sticking with me. I can’t wait to get some real internet.

753F30EB-A688-4C41-BD62-B2D7C7FF7168.thumb.jpeg.10fbe4950ff359c45683630f952dd150.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4

56 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Back to where we started. Breakfast one last time in the windjammer then Debarkation at 9am. Long day ahead. I will start the in-depth review on tomorrow. Lots to tell you and show you. Thank you for sticking with me. I can’t wait to get some real internet.

753F30EB-A688-4C41-BD62-B2D7C7FF7168.thumb.jpeg.10fbe4950ff359c45683630f952dd150.jpeg

Greg, safe travels home!  Thank you for taking us along and can't wait to read and see more of your wonderful experiences.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Maitaivegas said:

Got the safe- DD looked at the size of the box and said I had to carry it 🥰

D7E22DB3-74C1-445A-B908-00B98C47BC63.jpeg

We bought one of the sea few years back while visiting "Aquatica" in Orlando. Very handy and works wonderfully. My only issue with it is I sometimes forget to bring it. 🙂

• Like 3

Phew!  Finally caught up. I started reading before you’d even left for SJ, but kept getting waylaid with…whatever. 

Congrats on yours and Linda’s retirements. I retired about 5-6 years ago, but DH not until May 2020.  We had many trips cancelled on us that year. We’re finally taking his “retirement” cruises in April (X Apex and Harmony), then Oasis out of NJ in July.

But first, we’ll be boarding Anthem next Sunday.  We booked it just the other day; just couldn’t wait to get back to cruising. 

Thank you for taking us along, and I look forward to the rest of the story!

• Like 1

46EE2C45-3B4D-46C1-AC72-C8B0F13DE78B.thumb.jpeg.381f2faad1dad7c138741b729421e15c.jpeg

Bought my first and only Keens just like these when walking the streets of D.C.  Feet were killing me in regular tenni-runners.  Dropped into that mall down by the mall and snatched them, didn't matter what they cost which back then I thought was expensive!  That was back in 2005 or so, still use them every cruise for the beach and they look brand new still...sooooo comfy!

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 2