ms Rotterdam sailaway November 5, 2021

Scrapnana

Thanks to everybody who ushered all of us on Rotterdam off on her first-ever US departure last night. She’s a beautiful ship and we are thrilled to be on board. It was hard not to tear up at the numerous crew lined up waving flags to greet us as we entered the ship yesterday. Good to be back.

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Caribbean Chris said:

It was hard not to tear up at the numerous crew lined up waving flags to greet us as we entered the ship yesterday. Good to be back.

Nothing wrong with shedding a few tears.  I did when I watched Rotterdam VII sail!  

I hope you will enjoy a very pleasant and safe cruise!  

• Like 2

Many stayed on the Ship today according to the CD due to the weather but we got off did a day pass at the resort by 1230 it was sunny skies!

Bimini was nice!  They let us stay an extra hour there.  Out to sea now and then HMC.  Having done the KDam and NS there is something special about completing the trifecta.  This is a beautiful Ship!

• Like 2

Hi, All on Rotterdam,

I will be watching your posts avidly since we travel on it on 12/01/21. For that, I THANK YOU most profusely in advance. especially sansterre.

On your way in and out of Port Everglades you may notice two high rise buildings on the beach front. They are Point of Americas, Bldg. 1 and 2. 1 is the shorter of the two. My parents lived there from 1969 to 2000 on the NE corner of the 23rd floor. Whenever we visited, we joined the horn tooting for departing/arriving cruise ships (a lot fewer then!). On a clear day, you could see the Statue of Liberty in NY (not really but close!). I know that there will be tears in my eyes as we pass those buildings. 

Enjoy your short cruise.

Jim

• Like 3

We will be boarding the Rotterdam this Wednesday (11/10) for our cruise to the Caribbean. According to the Port Everglades site she will be departing from pier 26. Since we are taking a hotel shuttle to the port do I tell the driver to drop us off at Terminal 26 or as the HAL website says "Terminal 29"?

Anybody on the current cruise who can answer this question?

Edited by Burner142

11 minutes ago, Burner142 said:

We will be boarding the Rotterdam this Wednesday (11/10) for our cruise to the Caribbean. According to the Port Everglades site she will be departing from pier 26. Since we are taking a hotel shuttle to the port do I tell the driver to drop us off at Terminal 26 or as the HAL website says "Terminal 29"?

Anybody on the current cruise who can answer this question?

There are many signs at the port with the list of ships for the day and the terminal.  Just tell your driver the name of the ship and he will know how to find it.  

• Like 4