The Daily for Sunday November 07, 2021

richwmn

4 hours ago, Live4cruises said:

@Suslor, the gremlins attacked me yesterday, so I wasn’t able to respond to your post.

I was excited to see which Neptune you are in.  We are scheduled for 10005 on NS on the last Canada/New England of 2022.  I’ve done quite a bit of searching, and have most of my questions answered, except —-  

Is the forward-facing window placed so that you can see out of it while sitting in the chairs?  I’ve wondered, if something taller is needed, if our steward could locate a couple of bar stools.  Darned needy cruisers!

Thank you and I hope you have a WONDERFUL cruise.

Definitely need something higher than chairs. It’s a large window with great view if you stand. Enjoy. 

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, dfish said:

Space heaters have been delivered and they are currently working.  Wow, they make a difference.  I don't need my mittens in the family room now.

I'm glad your friend had some to share with you.  We were certainly glad we had 4 of them a couple of years ago when we came home from visiting our family in Calgary on New Year's Eve to find the house at a rather chilly +9C (48F) and the outside temp was -22C.  Thankfully the furnace repair guy showed up at 9AM on New Year's Day and was able to fix whatever had gone wrong - and - didn't charge us an arm and a leg to do so.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 15

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Great photos and interesting commentary.

Graham.

Thank you, Graham.  I guess it's the journalist in me, since I try to add a little information with the pictures.

3 hours ago, dfish said:

The verdict is in.   The inducer motor is shot and needs to be replaced.   They will order it first thing tomorrow morning and hopefully get one in tomorrow.  In the meantime, a friend is loaning me two space heaters.  I may use them both in the downstairs of the house.  I like a cold room to sleep in and will probably sleep like a log.  I did last night!  Only $450.   

Debbie, good news that you have space heaters and they are helping.  Hope the motor gets there tomorrow.  At least they didn't want an arm and a leg. 😉

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

(Rotter) DAM! Our Delta flight was changed from 1:30 to 11:40 leaving FLL. With my sweet husband in wheelchair,  do we still have time? We will have luggage forwarded.

Joy, I hope you get the flights straightened out with out much of a hassle or heavy fees since they changed the flights

It was a busy day since I decided to clean the carpets while it is still warm.  I had been putting it off even though we bought a new carpet cleaner last year.  Our old one was a pain to use when it worked, but this one is a lot easier to use.  I still have part of the hall and our bedroom to do tomorrow, but the rest looks so much better.

Once it's a little drier, I'll vacuum and put the chairs back in place.

Lenda

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

@dfishglad to hear your borrowed space heaters are making you more comfortable.  It sure makes you appreciate the "luxury" of our heating systems.  

@grapau27That's quite a lovely view!  Where could you be?   🤔 

@Quartzsite Cruiseryou are certainly a hard worker!  Always busy!  Mowing grass, trimming trees, washing the RV, and cleaning carpets.  I admire your energy!  You deserve your upcoming cruises so you can relax and enjoy the ocean.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the Daily information, humour, recipes and photos.

We have been to the port of the day,  it is a port that many of the crew look forward to visiting, as many of them come from nearby, and  their families are permitted  to visit, have lunch and look around the ship.  Some of the passengers knowing that their room steward would have family visiting, would write a message and attach to the stateroom door, telling the steward not to service the stateroom, so that the steward would have more time to spend with family.

@smitty34877thanks for the update of Tana. 

@dfishpleased that you have space heaters to use in the meantime.

@JAM37you have a major renovation on your hands, hope the work progresses smoothly.

@JazzyV20lb gone, well done.

@kazu love the lion and the ark.

Feel like summer here today, temperature 20 C.  Time to water my strawberry plants.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 16

Let's just say, that while I like to keep busy and enjoy being outside, I don't really enjoy paying someone to do something I can do.  It also leaves more to spend on a cruise(s).  🤣

There are days when I do as little as possible, and I try to sit outside with a good book or at least a book most days.  And I plan to sit on out balcony with my Kindle and veg out.

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

@dfishglad to hear your borrowed space heaters are making you more comfortable.  It sure makes you appreciate the "luxury" of our heating systems.  

@Quartzsite Cruiseryou are certainly a hard worker!  Always busy!  Mowing grass, trimming trees, washing the RV, and cleaning carpets.  I admire your energy!  You deserve your upcoming cruises so you can relax and enjoy the ocean.

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser,I agree with Sandi.I admire your energy.The upcoming cruise will be a true vacation for you!

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Let's just say, that while I like to keep busy and enjoy being outside, I don't really enjoy paying someone to do something I can do.  It also leaves more to spend on a cruise(s).  🤣

There are days when I do as little as possible, and I try to sit outside with a good book or at least a book most days.  And I plan to sit on out balcony with my Kindle and veg out.

I feel the same way about paying people to do what I can do.  Except for some of the yard work.  I just don't enjoy it.  So, Luke's Lawn Service does it.  At this point I shouldn't be out shoveling in the winter, so Luke will pick that up as well.  

But, I did do all the inside painting when I had the repair work done last winter.  And I have plans to paint some more this coming winter.  I also did the replacement work on my cabinets - they needed a new bottom shelf/floor.  

• Like 9

It’s Monday morning in Venice! Rainy and gloomy.  DH suggests we have breakfast at our hotel and if the day clears, we will venture outside. If the rain stays, we will see the city the next time as we will return to Venice, October, 2022 to board the Oosterdam. After a long travel day, (much easier than expected),  short naps and a glass of Italian wine (❤️) & good conversations with other travelers (and delightful staff members), DH & I shared a charcuterie board before an ‘early to bed’. At sea tomorrow!! 🚢

• Like 16

11 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thank you Sandi 🤫

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3