Black Friday $300 OBC Applies to New and Previous Bookings

Lady Arwen

I just called Celebrity regarding our Apex sailing for 2022 and was able to refare with the 50% off second passenger and they added $300.00 OBC as well.  Total of $700 (Canadian) savings.  I was on hold for less than ten minutes to reach an agent and she processed the booking in five minutes!  Thank you, Celebrity!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I just call to Celebrity to reprice 2 cruises, no wait time 😀, Mariana was able to reprice The Summit to Iceland and Greenland   we get an extra $300 OBC & also She repriced the Eclipse to Alaska we get and extra $200 OBC, Total savings $500,   Thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

I just call to Celebrity to reprice 2 cruises, no wait time 😀, Mariana was able to reprice The Summit to Iceland and Greenland   we get an extra $300 OBC & also She repriced the Eclipse to Alaska we get and extra $200 OBC, Total savings $500,   Thanks

Good day for us!  

I tried to add the offer to my current booking but had to reprice at current cost so cost me $210Cdn to get $300US…not a great deal but better than nothing I guess. Was hoping the best offer conditions under cruise with confidence meant I could get the best offer up to 48 hours before sailing but apparently you still have to pay prevailing rates. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

I just called Celebrity regarding our Apex sailing for 2022 and was able to refare with the 50% off second passenger and they added $300.00 OBC as well.  Total of $700 (Canadian) savings.  I was on hold for less than ten minutes to reach an agent and she processed the booking in five minutes!  Thank you, Celebrity!

So, you are saying that it applies to all previous bookings?  So many times the price is so much higher, but I would appreciate it if you shared more specific information than general; can you do that? I have 8 cruises booked, many with categories sold out, along with a few TA's and a holiday cruise.  I called my TA to look at repricing, as she can do this with one call. Also, I am checking myself too.  

Edited by Lastdance

We couldn't reprice because we are past the final payment date, but Lafrica was able to submit a best price guarantee form for us and we got $653 OBC for our concierge room and $325 for the Oceanview room. Thrilled! Thanks for posting this. 

• Like 2

We had refared last week to the 50% off second passenger and saved several hundred dollars at that time.  For $45 price increase with a refare today, we were able to add the $200 OBC Black Friday promo. 

I was okay with the original pricing when we booked, so this is a great bonus!

5 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

So, you are saying that it applies to all previous bookings?  So many times the price is so much higher, but I would appreciate it if you shared more specific information than general; can you do that? 

It does apply to previous  bookings but you do have to pay prevailing rates. So if your cruise price hasn’t increased, or has increased by less than the additional obc it’s a good deal. 

3 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

I sent a note to our rep this AM....looking forward to her reply.

2 hours ago, gerelmx said:

Are you on either of the August 7 and/or 19, 2022 Iceland and Greenland cruises on the Summit? If so, are you in either an inside or oceanview cabin? If you're in higher category since they are all sold out, how were you able to get a refare?

2 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Are you on either of the August 7 and/or 19, 2022 Iceland and Greenland cruises on the Summit? If so, are you in either an inside or oceanview cabin? If you're in higher category since they are all sold out, how were you able to get a refare?

I'm in the August 19, Inside CAT 9 deck 7

8 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Has anyone been able to take advantage of this new offer on a previously booked cruise in a sold out category?

if yes, did you book direct or with a TA?

thanks

Definitely interested in the answer to your question as we are booked in a Sold Out category on a couple of our cruises and am curious how they found out refaring would be cheaper if you can't see the current price?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Definitely interested in the answer to your question as we are booked in a Sold Out category on a couple of our cruises and am curious how they found out refaring would be cheaper if you can't see the current price?

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

Has anyone been able to take advantage of this new offer on a previously booked cruise in a sold out category?

if yes, did you book direct or with a TA?

thanks

I repriced a sold out cruise when the 50% offer started through my CVP, in fact, she suggested that she take a look at the pricing. Unfortunately she is on vacation so I called the Retreat Line about the additional OBC and was told no, it could not be added.  Since you always get 2 or more answers from Celebrity I'm going to call tonight. I'll come back and let you know what happens and will be checking for other's experiences.

I did get it added to another cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just checked to see if it made sense to shift an existing booking to the Black Friday pricing.  In short, the price increased by precisely the additional on board credit that I would be receiving, lol.  Fun with math!

Let me also add that I am aware of a major online retailer that does something similar.  They raise prices just before their Black Friday sale, then lower them to what they were and claim it's a great sale.  I've noticed this due to changes to items already in my cart, which increase and then decrease for the "sale".  I'm sure some of the deals are legitimate deals, but not all of them

Edited by Stockjock

24 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I repriced a sold out cruise when the 50% offer started through my CVP, in fact, she suggested that she take a look at the pricing. Unfortunately she is on vacation so I called the Retreat Line about the additional OBC and was told no, it could not be added.  Since you always get 2 or more answers from Celebrity I'm going to call tonight. I'll come back and let you know what happens and will be checking for other's experiences.

I did get it added to another cruise.

Exactly, it always depends on the person you happen to get.  I know that Captain's Club reps do not have the same abilities as CVP's, along with experience of CVP's.  My TA is going to check on that for me when she calls, but I have looked at prices and they all seem to be higher except the "sold out" categories.  She also gets different answers depending on who she speaks with on the phone.  It never hurts to check.  

Edited by Lastdance

My "warehouse store" TA was on hold with =X= for more than 20 minutes to inquire about repricing the 2022 Equinox holiday cruise.  They're calling me back.  I'm in an S1 and I believe they're sold out, so we'll see how it goes.