Royal's ships 2023/24

8 minutes ago, springaussie said:

I thought Carnival  had exclusive use of PNG. 

Really?  Carnival haven't funded any infrastructure there have they?  

Are there environmental restrictions on ship calls for some of the islands?  

10 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Really?  Carnival haven't funded any infrastructure there have they?  

Are there environmental restrictions on ship calls for some of the islands?  

I think there is some regulations.

Like you have to get off a 4th world P&O ship so you can appreciate life in a 3rd world PNG village.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I think there is some regulations.

Like you have to get off a 4th world P&O ship so you can appreciate life in a 3rd world PNG village.

Springaussie mentioned one of the Vision class ships cruised PNG though.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I would be good if Royal did a bit of something out of the ordinary.

Me and my friends would love to visit the  PNG WW11 war sites on P&O but the food. I think the soldiers would have eaton better.

I’m not into fine dining but I just want basic,fresh,good food.

I don't know when you were last on P&O, but we were on the Pacific Encounter in September-October and thought the food was quite good. The dinner in Angelo's was superb.

18 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I don't know when you were last on P&O, but we were on the Pacific Encounter in September-October and thought the food was quite good. The dinner in Angelo's was superb.

We are going to give them ago in June, sydney to Morton.

59 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I don't think you should comment on P&O's food if you haven't sailed with them. 🙂 We have sailed with a several different lines and I honestly can't complain about P&O's food.

I have sailed on explorer but we will give adventure a go next winter ,see how we go.

P&O does have some good points , don’t get me wrong.

Probably the thing I liked ,the passengers where all down to earth and extremely friendly. Certainly not pretentious, which I like.
 Personally I like to have kids around and see extended families having fun.

But the food and coffee , we thought was a disaster .

9 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I have sailed on explorer but we will give adventure a go next winter ,see how we go.

P&O does have some good points , don’t get me wrong.

Probably the thing I liked ,the passengers where all down to earth and extremely friendly. Certainly not pretentious, which I like.
 Personally I like to have kids around and see extended families having fun.

But the food and coffee , we thought was a disaster .

There are some nice photos of P&O Adventure on FB.   They have changed the furniture  in some of the bars and it is really looking nice.   I never drink buffet coffee on any ship.  I am also on Adventure next winter but to the barrier reef.   I have tended to keep away from Explorer, it is getting old now.  The old Grand class ships (which Adventure is) are nice ships.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Rassa said:

There are some nice photos of P&O Adventure on FB.   They have changed the furniture  in some of the bars and it is really looking nice.   I never drink buffet coffee on any ship.  I am also on Adventure next winter but to the barrier reef.   I have tended to keep away from Explorer, it is getting old now.  The old Grand class ships (which Adventure is) are nice ships.

Agree, looking forward to see what P&O have done with Adventure, we like that class ship. 

Our last P&O Explorer cruise was just before the shutdown, liked what they had done with some public areas but the cabins had not been changed since Princess days. Think they had the same bedding as when we had cruised on her 10 years prior.  

18 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Not going to be quite the same for a short-staffed Pacific Adventure. No specialty restaurants or dinner in the Pantry for today's departure.

I just picked up the documents after paying in July 2020 thanks to Job Keeper money my employer gave me and help from my aunt Yesterday after an agonising long wait since booking in 2019 for the cruise.what was supposed to have been New Zealand is now a Queensland cruise.It would be nice come 2024 if a Cruise ex Singapore was offered even one that took in Kuala Lumpur and Penang and Langkawi and for an interesting twist put in Kota Kinabalu or Kuching for any of us who want a change from mostly south pacific or domestic cruises.

1 minute ago, nermal9900 said:

I just picked up the documents after paying in July 2020 thanks to Job Keeper money my employer gave me and help from my aunt Yesterday after an agonising long wait since booking in 2019 for the cruise.what was supposed to have been New Zealand is now a Queensland cruise.It would be nice come 2024 if a Cruise ex Singapore was offered even one that took in Kuala Lumpur and Penang and Langkawi and for an interesting twist put in Kota Kinabalu or Kuching for any of us who want a change from mostly south pacific or domestic cruises.

Agree most people are longing for some

variety.

47 minutes ago, nermal9900 said:

It’s likely Quantum of the Seas will cruise from Singapore to Brisbane in November 2024.  She is due for dry dock and the work will probably be done in Singapore.  There is an entry in Darwin port calendar for Nov 24, 2024.   Quantum’s first entry in Brisbane’s port calendar for that season is Dec 1, 2024.  
Ovation is also due for dry dock in 2024 but I don’t know what theur plan is.  

22 hours ago, arxcards said:

Not going to be quite the same for a short-staffed Pacific Adventure. No specialty restaurants or dinner in the Pantry for today's departure.

Crikey, the MDR's will be flat out Geoff.

22 hours ago, arxcards said:

A mate just got off Dora this morning and reports not all speciality restaurants were opened.

The Pacific Explorer only had 710 passengers on  for a 4 night cruise Sydney to Eden.

2 minutes ago, springaussie said:

A mate just got off Dora this morning and reports not all speciality restaurants were opened.

The Pacific Explorer only had 710 passengers on  for a 4 night cruise Sydney to Eden.

Given a choice of contracts in multiple countries and multiple ships, it seems P&O is not first prize for money and/or workload.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geoff2802 said:

It’s likely Quantum of the Seas will cruise from Singapore to Brisbane in November 2024.  She is due for dry dock and the work will probably be done in Singapore.  There is an entry in Darwin port calendar for Nov 24, 2024.   Quantum’s first entry in Brisbane’s port calendar for that season is Dec 1, 2024.  

Geoff if this happens in November 2025 also with Ovation I think Quantum will probably doing the Trans Pacific to Sydney plus a few cruises from Circular Quay! 

2 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Ovation had a dry dock march 2021 before it went to Alaska.

8 minutes ago, beatleman said:

Noticed the Ovation's 26th November cruise is no longer on the booking page. Wondering if she is booked out or will she be sailing with reduced capacity? 34 days and counting😄

Wow, it was there yesterday as I took a quick look and considered maybe booking after Chilli alerted me.

Not sure if we could have gone or not, but will wait and see what maybe pops up for that time - must be some explanation??

OOPS just realised I was looking at Nov 16th departure. Well, it is Sunday today after all 🙂 .

Edited by mr walker
wrong dates!

10 minutes ago, beatleman said:

Noticed the Ovation's 26th November cruise is no longer on the booking page. Wondering if she is booked out or will she be sailing with reduced capacity? 34 days and counting😄

4 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Wow, it was there yesterday as I took a quick look and considered maybe booking after Chilli alerted me.

Not sure if we could have gone or not, but will wait and see what maybe pops up for that time - must be some explanation??

The 16th and 26th are still available and cheap as chips .

I’m looking at the 16th cruise to the islands. I can’t get anyone to go so I will probably go solo. 10 nights solo from $1800 in a inside and $2400 for a single balcony.
It’s cheaper than being at home.

The 26th Cruise is to the north island of N.Z. , It’s still available,
This is today from a online agent.

D966E67D-5581-44FE-98E7-B13432C471E8.thumb.jpeg.289bf85ba83f33aa9e2fc6d45f6555a5.jpeg

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

Geoff if this happens in November 2025 also with Ovation I think Quantum will probably doing the Trans Pacific to Sydney plus a few cruises from Circular Quay! 

Was Ovation’s last drydock April 2019?  Due for dry dock early 2024?