Mens dress code in MDR

Painter4me

2 hours ago, Karma5 said:

Hairy, hairy legs...not pretty.............

Interesting personal saying at the bottom of your posts  "Be as you are"

But shouldn't it be "Be as you are unless you're not pretty"?

Or "Be as I want you to be"?

🤔

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 1

if anyone is shy about wearing shorts ask for table 261 on oasis. one night 'the owner' of that table wasnt there so they gave it to us since the concierge got us in an earlier time than normal. it's behind a pole near the kitchen entrance so no one else will see your bare legs under that table cloth (still never figured out how anyone tells who has shorts on since your legs are buried anyway and if you are paying attention to your group you will never see anyone else).  some may find this location less desirable but i found it wonderful. virtual total privacy from the rest of the dining room. and you get excellent service because you see your server all the time! and you are not rammed up next to other strangers in an awkward position. i never do fixed dining but it's tempting with that tables location

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Painter4me said:

Shorts it is! I have to pick my battles and this isn’t one to be had. He can wear whatever he wants. I will put my foot down if the shirt doesn’t go with the shorts!

Exactly. Lolol. Just go and enjoy yourselves.  
Don’t worry what others are doing.  

Just do you and be comfortable and enjoy the cruise.  
no mater what you wear people will make judgement.

Unfortunately that’s the world we are in.   
that’s why I never worry about others. I do me.   

have a great trip. 

47 days till my next cruise. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

Exactly. Lolol. Just go and enjoy yourselves.  
Don’t worry what others are doing.  

Just do you and be comfortable and enjoy the cruise.  
no mater what you wear people will make judgement.

Unfortunately that’s the world we are in.   
that’s why I never worry about others. I do me.   

have a great trip. 

47 days till my next cruise. 

Exactly!  Though we do have a small sign at our bar in the house that reads' "let's drink wine and judge people"

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Painter4me said:

Shorts it is! I have to pick my battles and this isn’t one to be had. He can wear whatever he wants. I will put my foot down if the shirt doesn’t go with the shorts!

recommend black shorts to go with everything. i wear them all week thus it's perfect

I always find it odd to wear shorts to a restaurant, with a full service table service, and a white table cloth, while eating with strangers.  Although the food tastes the same, the idea is others do judge what you wear, and if you took the time, to change out of your beach clothes to join us.  But that is just me, and the way I was taught as a child.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

I always find it odd to wear shorts to a restaurant, with a full service table service, and a white table cloth, while eating with strangers.  Although the food tastes the same, the idea is others do judge what you wear, and if you took the time, to change out of your beach clothes to join us.  But that is just me, and the way I was taught as a child.

Then "others" are bored and don't have enough to do or converse with and focus on their personal dining mate.  This is exactly why we always sit at just our table, in shorts and a polo of course.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

I am secure enough in myself that I don't worry what a total stranger thinks about what I wear to dinner on a cruise ship.  But that is just me, and the way I was taught as an adult.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, billslowsky said:

I am secure enough in myself that I don't worry what a total stranger thinks about what I wear to dinner on a cruise ship.  But that is just me, and the way I was taught as an adult.

Exactly. I could care less what others think.   
I paid just as much as the next guy.  I’ll wear what I want.  
nice shorts and a nice shirt.  Nothing more.  
im on vacation.   

• Like 4

On 12/12/2021 at 12:08 PM, Painter4me said:

I’m sure this question has been asked by many wives. Can men wear dress shorts and a polo shirt in the MDR for dinner? I don’t understand why this has to be so difficult in my house!

Absolutely!  The "clothing police" no longer exist.  The dress codes in the Cruise Compass simply say "suggested", it doesn't say "required".  I'm a Diamond Plus member and just got off the Anthem last week.  Nice shorts could be seen every night in the MDR.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Karma5 said:

Hairy, hairy legs...not pretty.............

If you want to shave your legs that is totally up to you.  I just think guys that shave there legs stick out more than hairy leg guys.  To me and only my opinion, guys shaved legs are more unappealing than guys with hair on there legs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

If you want to shave your legs that is totally up to you.  I just think guys that shave there legs stick out more than hairy leg guys.  To me and only my opinion, guys shaved legs are more unappealing than guys with hair on there legs.

To me and only my opinion, WTH cares what someone else does/wears.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

Stop judging others by the way you dress.  Of course you are only speaking for yourself. What I find odd is those that judge others by the way they dress/look.  :classic_rolleyes: 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

I was taught that as a child also. You dressed up to go to church, out to dinner in a restaurant, visiting relatives, the whole nine yards. But times have changed and I've had to relearn some of my other childhood teachings too such as;

Only listening to music on vinyl records or 8 track tapes.

Only watching movies on the TV  using a VHS player.

Only communicating with people in far off places by paper mail or telephone.

Only wearing a blue suit to work. (That one was my Dad's rule. He had at least five of the exactly the same blue custom-made suits at all times throughout his career. Of course, you could go wild with the shirts and ties, shirts could be white or blue and ties could be blue or red 🥳)

Times have changed. I stream music and movies. I post on this BB. And I don't wear suits to work anymore!! And next year I'm thinking of buying a car that doesn't need any gasoline. 🤯

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Stop judging others by the way you dress.  Of course you are only speaking for yourself. What I find odd is those that judge others by the way they dress/look.  :classic_rolleyes: 

But I kinda want other people to judge the way I'm dressed. 

My fury shanks are hot!!!

At least that's what Mrs. Dawg says. 

(Now, she is long overdue for her eye exam... 👀)🤔

People judge other people everyday, all day based on all kinds of criteria. How you drive, your education, where you went to school, what you drive, how you speak, how you dress, how your kids behave, the job you hold, the list is endless. If you don’t care, fill you boots. If you do, dress better. It’s really quite simple. 

The idea that some people don’t or shouldn’t judge is fantasy. Everybody does it in some capacity just very very few are honest enough to admit it. 

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1