The Daily for Friday December 17, 2021

richwmn

Good morning  to all.Thanks for our Daily Rich and our lists,Roy.The food and beverage  departments are wonderful as well.

Maple syrup is a little hard to find but I notice some in everyone's  cart when the shelves are restocked. My brothers wore rely hideous sweaters for Christmas  each year.My nephew continues the tradition by wearing grandpa's awful sweater in his Dad's  honor.

It has been a difficult  week here and we await news from Tana's  new doctor. The dogs,as usual serve as cheerleaders and keep us laughing.

We are re thinking our plans to travel to NH for Christmas  with DS and family.As I was trying  not to be upset, my DSIL sent me a picture of Camilla.Oh my.

6444.jpeg

• Like 41
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning  to all.Thanks for our Daily Rich and our lists,Roy.The food and beverage  departments are wonderful as well.

Maple syrup is a little hard to find but I notice some in everyone's  cart when the shelves are restocked. My brothers wore rely hideous sweaters for Christmas  each year.My nephew continues the tradition by wearing grandpa's awful sweater in his Dad's  honor.

It has been a difficult  week here and we await news from Tana's  new doctor. The dogs,as usual serve as cheerleaders and keep us laughing.

We are re thinking our plans to travel to NH for Christmas  with DS and family.As I was trying  not to be upset, my DSIL sent me a picture of Camilla.Oh my.

6444.jpeg

Just so very special, Terry. Thank you!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Boston said:

Thanks for the daily report Rich and happy Friday everyone.  Unseasonably warm temps here today and I can hear the wind gusting outdoors.  I love maple syrup. I don’t own an ugly sweater and wish the concept should fade away.  Where would we be without the Wright Brothers?  Funny quote by Carlin.  The meal suggestion sounds very nice but maybe as a side dish.  Have not been to today’s port and look forward to the photos.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list, I’d like to add my younger sis who is having a hip replacement this morning.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today!

Sending our prayers 🙏 and best wishes for your sister today for her hip replacement surgery.

Graham.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

@smitty34877thank you SO much for that beautiful photo of Miss Camilla - that's just what I needed today!  Nothing so precious as a baby's smile.

@Mr. Boston prayers for your sister's hip replacement and for the medical team doing the procedure.

@1ANGELCATgood luck with your nerve conduction test today.

@dfish thanks for the great recipes every day, and accompanying photos; I hope your sister's power comes back sooner than later!

@Seasick Sailorgood grief about the boorish clod in the Lido.  Prayers that your dear friend Walker has a peaceful passing.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good morning and thanks for the update.

i have been to the Wright brothers monument at Kill Devil hills, would like to go back someday

I have a nerve conduction test at noon , supposed to be like an ultrasound from the description, it says to wear loose clothing, I’m still not sure about this Dr , it seems like a no win situation.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists, especially Jacqui and Jose ant and Father Himself ❤️🙏

I hope everything goes well for you today and the doctor proves he is capable of giving you excellent treatment.

Graham.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Happy Friday.  Love Maple Syrup.  Have a neighbor of my sister who makes it and she brings down a quart every visit.  Had several ugly sweaters over time, but none left.  And thanks to the Wright Brothers for our ease in traveling.  Have been to Nags Head and visited the monument.  Interesting quote.  The meal sounds and looks wonderful.  Have not been to the destination. @Mr. Bostongood luck to your sister on her surgery.  The Rotterdam is dropping Aruba the end of January and doing an overnight stay in Curacao.   Love the sweet Camallia....such a beautiful baby.

Prayers and toasts to our lists.

Please continue to stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

Fluffy Duck:

Ingredients
30ml Advocaat
30ml cream
30ml white rum
15ml Cointreau or Triple Sec
Ice
Lemonade
Method
In a cocktail shaker, add  ice, advocate, cream, Cointreau or Triple Sec and white rum.
Shake well until combined.
Strain into an ice-filled glass
Top with cold lemonade

Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 8.39.14 AM.png

• Like 21
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Mr. Boston said:

Thanks for the daily report Rich and happy Friday everyone.  Unseasonably warm temps here today and I can hear the wind gusting outdoors.  I love maple syrup. I don’t own an ugly sweater and wish the concept should fade away.  Where would we be without the Wright Brothers?  Funny quote by Carlin.  The meal suggestion sounds very nice but maybe as a side dish.  Have not been to today’s port and look forward to the photos.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list, I’d like to add my younger sis who is having a hip replacement this morning.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today!

I am  praying  that all goes well  this morning  for your sister's  surgery.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

6444.jpeg

She  is beautiful.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone. Yesterday we discovered that my blinds in the bedroom have mold on the inside that faces the windows. I run a humidifier in there at night and maybe that’s the reason. I have a handyman coming tomorrow and. Plan to throw out the blinds and have him clean the window sills and make sure we get rid of the mold. Not at all happy about that.

Our senior center has something called community pass and if we want to take classes we have to register on line at a certain time on a certain day, and not a minute before 9am. I’ve never used the site before and missed a class on how to use it so I don’t know if I’ll be successful but plan to ask a friend how to do it.

Stay safe everyone.

Carol

• Like 25

Good Morning! We made it to Jacksonville without incident. Besides attending birthday’s we also drove over to support and congratulate our daughter. She’s a married mom with two children under five, has a full time job as a Physical Therapy Assistant and yesterday she received her nurse’s pin. All those nights of school under a grueling schedule and she is now going to be a registered nurse.

Well I grew up in Vermont so I grew up on the best maple syrup though some Canadians would argue that!

Continued prayers for all  and thank you to all our Daily contributors.

Have a great weekend!

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

@mamaofamiCarol, that's scary to think of that mold in your bedroom and not knowing you've been breathing in those mold spores.  I'm glad you found it and are taking charge in getting it cleaned up.  

@aliaschiefcongratulations to your DD on her pinning.  That's a great accomplishment!

• Like 18

Good Morning Everyone from a warm and sunny day at the beach

Dont have a Christmas sweater but I do have a few Christmas the shirts.  It is Florida. I do like Maple syrup .

Never been to todays port. 

Our Care list is long. We just have to keep praying and hope that our friends get better .

Love the picture of baby Camilla. Gives you hope that life does go on. 

@aliaschief A big congratulations to your daughter. That is quite the accomplishment. Wish her all the best in her new career.

We are invited to a cocktail party this evening. It is outside so we are planning on going. Hopefully.

Off to water aerobics.

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Good Morning! We made it to Jacksonville without incident. Besides attending birthday’s we also drove over to support and congratulate our daughter. She’s a married mom with two children under five, has a full time job as a Physical Therapy Assistant and yesterday she received her nurse’s pin. All those nights of school under a grueling schedule and she is now going to be a registered nurse.

Well I grew up in Vermont so I grew up on the best maple syrup though some Canadians would argue that!

Have a great weekend!

Congratulations  to your daughter!

• Like 14

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good and @dfish recipes confirm.  Interestingly I tried a pineapple rice salad with dinner last night and I thought it very good.  My sister sent me a message that our DM fell in a parking lot and broke her arm.  She is keeping me updated and I’ll check in with DM when we get home.  Having the disembarkation talk in an hour.

Yesterday while on the balcony I saw a cat.  I am missing my kids and will give them treats and hugs when I’m home.

image.png.63b373ce099d117892ba35bca61b4fe6.png

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good and @dfish recipes confirm.  Interestingly I tried a pineapple rice salad with dinner last night and I thought it very good.  My sister sent me a message that our DM fell in a parking lot and broke her arm.  She is keeping me updated and I’ll check in with DM when we get home.  Having the disembarkation talk in an hour.

Yesterday while on the balcony I saw a cat.  I am missing my kids and will give them treats and hugs when I’m home.

image.png.63b373ce099d117892ba35bca61b4fe6.png

Jake, so sorry to hear about your DM falling and breaking her arm!  I'm glad your sister can reassure you that Mom is doing okay.  Try not to worry and enjoy the rest of your cruise.

• Like 17

37 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Have a great weekend!

Congratulations to your daughter for receiving her nurses pin and  now being a registered nurse.

Graham.

• Like 15

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Which ship?

The Rotterdam sailing January 16. The replacement is an overnight in Willemstad, Curacao. Aruba moved the US to Red status on December 3 which requires testing 2/3 days before entry besides being fully vaccinated.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Good morning from sunny and chilly Quartzsite.   The plan for today is to finish the cookies.

Maple syrup is a must on waffles, pancakes and French toast.  I gave away my Christmas sweeter several years ago.  I would not have put it in the ugly sweater category, but others might now days.  Spending winters in Quartzsite and living in Texas, it was just too heavy to wear.  The Wright Brothers changed the world with their flying machine.  We've been to Nags Head and saw the monument.

I like the George Carlin quote, and always enjoyed his humor.

As I'm not a fan of pinapple, I'll pass on the meal, and also will pass on the drink.  The wine sounds nice.

We have not been to Haulien, Taiwan, but I'm looking forward to pictures anyone cares to share.

@Mr. Boston  Sending good thoughts for a successful surgery and quick recovery for your sister.

@ger_77  Gerry, I loved the cat meme.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, what an absolute jerk that guy was.  I guess theres one in every crowd.  Hope that Walker's final days are peaceful, and sending good thoughts for comfort for his wife.

@1ANGELCAT  Good luck with your test today.  I hope it gives the doctor some answers, and that while he does not have a great bedside manner, he will be able to help you.

@dfish  Debbie, I hope your sister gets her power restored soon.

@StLouisCruisers   Sandi, safe flights today and tomorrow.  May your DMIL rest in peace.

@smitty34877  Terry,  sorry that you are having to reconsider your Christmas plans, but again this year, caution is needed.  Miss Camilla is really growing and looks so happy. Thanks for the picture.

@aliaschief  Congratulations to your daughter for earning her nursing pin.  

@Crazy For Cats  Sorry that your DM fell and broke her arm. but be thankful it wasn't her hip.  She's lucky your sister is there to help her.

Lenda

• Like 21

3 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@Sharon in AZ

Before I forget, the inaugural shirts,, "We've been told there are a number of shirts in supply for next week, but do not know which shirts are available"

Thank you Joy!  We will have to wait and see then!!  I appreciate you checking for me. 

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 9