New Mask Protocols

sandebeach

I am not happy. 

Updated mask protocols for departures through January 5, 2022

With the recent uptick of COVID-19 in the world and added Omicron variant concerns, we feel it prudent to temporarily tighten our onboard health protocols to require masks indoors at all times, unless actively eating or drinking. This new update also applies to vaccinated areas and venues.

We're sorry for any disappointment that this may cause, but hope you understand that health and safety come first. Despite the new requirement, we know you will still have a great time onboard.

For full protocol details, please click here. As always, health and safety protocols are subject to change.

If you have questions about these protocols, please reference our FAQs for details or contact us at 1 (866) 562-7625 or 541-285-9150 for assistance. If you prefer to not sail as a result of this change or would like to reschedule your cruise, we are glad to assist. Looking forward to seeing you onboard!

54 minutes ago, Slidell_Cruiser said:

This is on RC totally, if you agree or disagree with the policy.

The CDC has NO legal control on RC, RC is following their guidelines, because they want too…..since the CDC lost the court case, and have NO legal control of the industry.

Sorry, I’m cancelling, I am DONE, I want my money back….

FYI No Omincon deaths in USA, mild cases, plus 2 ply masks do not stop the transmission of an atomized viral transmission…

this is RUBBISH….

Stay Safe All

Probably a good idea for you.  The rest of us will wear a mask and enjoy ourselves.  Thank you!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

Personally, I have no problems wearing a mask. I wear them all the time when I'm outside of my house and around people who don't live with me if I'm not eating or drinking. They are N95 masks. They work well. I have been healthy and have not caught anything since I started wearing them. Add in my hand sanitizer and keeping distance as much as possible. It's been good.

For those who think mask wearing is a deal breaker, I feel for you. I know you wish to cruise and do the things we all were able to do before this craziness.

I hope things get better for you and the world where we can all get back to normal. Until then, there is zero reason to stew over mortality rates, infection rates and lament on what you wish things to be. I hope you find joy somewhere until you can get joy cruising again. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

It's really an integrity issue.  You signed a document where you stated that you'd wear a mask according to RCI rules.  Wear it or don't cruise.  Your option.  Not much different from your state telling you that you have to have a drivers license.  Either get one and drive or don't and not drive/get citation. Same can be said for the seatbelt.  There are consequences...no mask for cruising..don't cruise, no drivers license...you walk, no seatbelt...you get a citation.  I guess some people feel entitled and it don't apply to them.  I want to cruise so I wear a mask...real simple!

• Like 18

2 minutes ago, DeputyDawg46 said:

It's really an integrity issue.  You signed a document where you stated that you'd wear a mask according to RCI rules.  Wear it or don't cruise.  Your option.  Not much different from your state telling you that you have to have a drivers license.  Either get one and drive or don't and not drive/get citation. Same can be said for the seatbelt.  There are consequences...no mask for cruising..don't cruise, no drivers license...you walk, no seatbelt...you get a citation.  I guess some people feel entitled and it don't apply to them.  I want to cruise so I wear a mask...real simple!

No one is arguing that the rules should not be followed. People are voicing their frustration with the change.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Rosy Season said:

Yes it does.  I can hope whatever I want. Because frankly - those of us who are willing to wear a mask don't want to hear your complaining and whining about masks for a week on a cruise.  Or have to watch you intentionally disobey the rules.  Th

They are not valid anymore.  We're sick and tired of it.  We get it, you don't like masks.  So don't travel.

Well said, Rosy Season

I wonder how people would feel if they went into the operating theatre and all the medics were maskless?

Why are masks worn in operation g theatres by ALL staff? Is it a whim on behalf of the hospital management? Or could it be to protect you from germs?

Thank goodness mask wearing in operating theatres has not become a political issue or a human rights issue. When do you hear about surgeons or nurses complaining about wearing masks, which they do day in day out?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

No one is arguing that the rules should not be followed. People are voicing their frustration with the change.

I start my 7th and 8th cruise this year on Sunday.  Voicing frustration is fine outside of ostracizing those they differ with.  But on every cruise I've taken there are the few who you see repeatedly without a mask and when told to mask they try to belittle the guest or staff member.  So there are on ships and on this forum people who verbalize more than just frustration concerning the mask.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

OK - the Cruise Line says we have to wear a mask.  Wear a mask or don't cruise.  Easy as that. 

We wore a mask on board  last week and it was no big deal, except for some.  We have a cruise between now and the Jan 5 date, and have no issue   Do I enjoy it, NO, do I enjoy cruising YES, so much more!  

• Like 13

1 minute ago, sandebeach said:

I am posting to say I am frustrated, but I am definitely a rule-follower. My husband is actually okay with everyone wearing a mask inside, he doesn’t want us to get sick. 

I understand your frustration, sandebeach. The whole darn pandemic is frustrating and I’m sure we wish it would just go away. I know that I can’t wait for life to get back to some sort of normal. In fact we thought life was getting better till Omicron raised its very ugly head here in the U.K. 

I’m sad to hear it has reached your shores.

Take care and keep safe.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DeputyDawg46 said:

I start my 7th and 8th cruise this year on Sunday.  Voicing frustration is fine outside of ostracizing those they differ with.  But on every cruise I've taken there are the few who you see repeatedly without a mask and when told to mask they try to belittle the guest or staff member.  So there are on ships and on this forum people who verbalize more than just frustration concerning the mask.

It seems to be the nature of the beast on cruise ships, and maybe many other places, that some will break rules, others will follow the rules while complaining about those rules even to a total stranger who happens to be within ear shot, etc. I guess that is what happens when a diverse group of people end up in the same place. A little tolerance goes a long way. And a dismissive attitude toward someone else's concerns rarely leads to anything good. So when finding oneself in an uncomfortable environment sometimes the best move is to simply remove yourself from it.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ellie1145 said:

I understand your frustration, sandebeach. The whole darn pandemic is frustrating and I’m sure we wish it would just go away. I know that I can’t wait for life to get back to some sort of normal. In fact we thought life was getting better till Omicron raised its very ugly head here in the U.K. 

I’m sad to hear it has reached your shores.

Take care and keep safe.

And that is a perfect response to someone else's frustration.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yes, cases are rising. Masks will be required in all indoor venues that can hold more than 250 people. Below that number vaccinated people can go maskless but, supposedly, need to show proof of vaccination.

Monday here in NY masks must be worn in any indoor venue that doesn't check vaccine cards. This means supermarkets, drug stores, department stores.  I will be the guy who is wearing the mask in the car while driving because I don't want to keep taking it off only to be putting it back on.  I guess my cruising days are over for a while because I'm not about to wear a mask on vacation. I would rather stay home and breath freely. It's getting harder and harder to wear the mask at work with the forced hot air system. My sinuses are dried out.

• Like 6

I enjoyed my cruise on Anthem as well as my 3 Disney World and Universal Studios trip.

Five vacations between Sept and Dec.  Did I like wearing the mask, not really but I did it.

I can look fondly at all my photos from these vacations and be glad I was alive and healthy to take them.

Just play by the rules and you too can fondly look back on your photos as well.  

• Like 5

Royal must be thinking that cancellations are coming. Just got the email that our bid for Royal Up from balcony to Junior suite was accepted for our New Year's Eve Allure cruise. Yesterday I checked and the price for a J4 Junior suite was $3,800 per person (which is Insane). I upped my bid to a total of $910, and tonight we get our Congrats email. I have never heard this early that our bid was accepted.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Royal must be thinking that cancellations are coming. Just got the email that our bid for Royal Up from balcony to Junior suite was accepted for our New Year's Eve Allure cruise. Yesterday I checked and the price for a J4 Junior suite was $3,800 per person (which is Insane). I upped my bid to a total of $910, and tonight we get our Congrats email. I have never heard this early that our bid was accepted.

Oh wow!  I'm going to go check my NYE cruise!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Nothing for us yet.  Still pending.

Congrats!!  Which ship?