And now we are sick…

denas

So my husband had a headache yesterday and a sore throat. We are supposed to do a family cruise with our three kids on Anthem leaving Christmas Eve. I used one of our bionax tests. It was positive. He is getting a PCR done today but I am so disappointed since it’s not likely to be a “false” positive. Plus now I have to pivot and get everything together for Christmas at home.

After five cancelled cruises you would think I would be used to the disappointment and stop trying.  Now to figure out how lto get money back or decide to try again. Unfortunately this was one of the last options for my college-aged son since Spring Breaks and summer internships don’t line up with my high schooler. 

• Like 3

Oh no! How disappointing. Royal Caribbean will provide a refund, but you should call them right away. I don't know what happens with the family bookings. But please let us know. I am so sorry this happened for your family holiday sailing. :classic_sad:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, denas said:

So my husband had a headache yesterday and a sore throat. We are supposed to do a family cruise with our three kids on Anthem leaving Christmas Eve. I used one of our bionax tests. It was positive. He is getting a PCR done today but I am so disappointed since it’s not likely to be a “false” positive. Plus now I have to pivot and get everything together for Christmas at home.

After five cancelled cruises you would think I would be used to the disappointment and stop trying.  Now to figure out how lto get money back or decide to try again. Unfortunately this was one of the last options for my college-aged son since Spring Breaks and summer internships don’t line up with my high schooler. 

Sorry about that. It should not be hard to get a refund. RCI's policy is if you, or a member, of your party tests positive within 14 days of your cruise they will refund your money. I can appreciate your disappointment.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Oh goodness, like others I feel so disappointed for your family.

I really hope that your family is able to find a replacement that works for everyone. I completely understand where you are coming from as I share your same issues since my eldest is currently in her final year of high school and if our March break cruise next year doesn't happen, we also will not be able to pull it off in future (this is a re-booking of the March break cruise in 2020 that didn't happen to boot). 

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and hope that the rest of your family remains COVID-free and are able to enjoy Christmas even though it wasn't what you had planned. 

35 minutes ago, shelpt said:

Im so sorry but I always think everything happens for a reason. You might not know now, but it will become clear. I hope you enjoy your holidays with your family.

Yeah, the reason is he got exposed to someone with the virus.  That's it in its entirety.

• Like 3

So sorry.  I’m sure this is disappointing.  Covid really has a way of messing things up.

My DDs family has it now.  It’s going through all five of them one by one.  They come for Christmas from out of state every other year and you guessed it….this was the year.  One of the kids brought it home from grade school it seems. So far no one’s too sick.  We will really miss spending time with them. 

Hoping you can salvage some Christmas spirit.

• Like 1

Sorry for the bad news.  I hope that   your husband recovers quickly with no complications.  The Omicron varient is so transmittable, ships may have to stop sailing.  We are booked on Anthem for NYE and I'm waiting to see if there is an outbreak when she returns from her current 12 day cruise.  Things could fall apart very quickly.  

11 minutes ago, nolimits said:

You have a couple days  he could of been + 

for 10 days already ,  Test again   Day before cruise  test   

It is just my opinion...but why take that chance? It would be better to take the refund, stay home when you are ill and not take the chance of spreading it to other people. Christmas is what you make of it with your family, it doesn't have to be fancy. 

And it is nicer to be at home if you don't feel great. :classic_smile:

• Like 9

5 hours ago, shelpt said:

Im so sorry but I always think everything happens for a reason. You might not know now, but it will become clear. I hope you enjoy your holidays with your family.

3 hours ago, shelpt said:

Im sorry thats not what i meant. Just meant maybe it will turn out to be for something positive. 

🤔 Something positive? The husband has covid, their cruise has to be canceled and there is always the possibility of another family member getting it. Probably the only positive thing that would come out of it is if the ship sinks and they aren’t on it. 🤷🏼‍♀️

@denas Sorry this is happening to your family and of all times during Christmas. Hope hubby has very mild symptoms and you all are able to keep it from spreading. 

• Like 3