The Daily for Sunday 12/26/2021

richwmn

Quick post for the drink of the day.  Our house/pet sitter will be here tomorrow.  Cleaning the house very well.  LOL  Like cleaning for the cleaning lady if I had one.

Vieux Carré:

Ingredients
3/4 ounce rye whiskey
3/4 ounce cognac
3/4 ounce sweet vermouth
1 to 2 dashes Angostura bitters
1 to 2 dashes Peychaud's Bitters
1/2 ounce Bénédictine liqueur
Cherry or lemon twist, garnish

Steps to Make It
Gather the ingredients.
Combine the rye whiskey, cognac, sweet vermouth, bitters, and Bénédictine in a mixing glass filled with ice.
Stir well.
Strain into an old-fashioned glass filled with ice.
Garnish with a cherry or lemon twist.

Screen Shot 2021-12-26 at 9.15.42 AM.png

• Like 21
  • Thanks 6

Poor DSIL phoned our DD just now and said after driving south for 90 minutes he got a phone call from his Dad who said his Mom is in the ER with very bad flu!  The Dad isn't feeling too well himself, so DSIL and DGS are turning around and heading back home to Cincinnati.  What a bummer!  But most importantly I hope his parents start getting better soon.   They apparently caught the flu from DSIL's sister who was visiting them in Florida last week with a whole passel of sick kids!  No one wants their vacation plans thwarted but this is really sad everything turned out this way.  I wish she'd stayed home!🙁

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. Not feeling so great today. It’s day 5 after being exposed to covid. I’m taking a rapid in home test and have an afternoon appointment for the PCR test. Hoping I’m negative and haven’t given anything to Sam.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

Oh Carol,  I hope it is just anxiety and not anything more.  Will keep you in my prayers. Please let us know the results as soon as possible.

Terri

• Like 19

I have never been on a ship between December 22 and December 28,  Today's sunrise really is today, taken on my morning walk and grocery run.  This was taken as the sun came above the store next to my neighborhood grocery.

IMG_0097.JPG.3859f54ff4b1ab204fe3e52d6f0adad7.JPG

Roy

• Like 28
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Happy Boxing Day!  No candy canes for me here but I've probably had enough sugar this weekend.  Thank you notes seem to be written less and less as the younger generation come of age.  I know I, and my kids, wrote thank you notes when given gifts.  Nowadays though everyone seems to think an email or text takes the place of the handwritten note.  If you get a thank you at all!  Leftover ham or turkey will be on the menu for quite a few of us!  The quote is lovely.  I can say that I've not stopped in Colon during any Panama Canal cruise or otherwise.   

@Sharon in AZthe husky puppy is adorable.  Look at the faces of your DGDs!  Priceless!

Prayers for all on the Care list and cheers for the Celebration/Shout Out list.  I hope we can get a turnaround in the long Care list.  @grapau27I hope you aren't experiencing any pain at the site of your stitches.  Special prayers for Jose and @kazuJacqui, as well as Father @Himselfas he continues to recover from Covid.  I imagine he's had a lot of fatigue.  Good luck @rafinmdRoy as you finish up your radiation treatments.  Hoping everything works out okay for @mamaofamiCarol and Sam.  Extra prayers for @Seasick Sailor's friend Walker as his time nears.  Hoping @atexsixBruno's DD is feeling better.  Amen!!🙏

My DSIL and DGS just left for the long drive down to Florida to see his parents this week.  DD will be here finishing up projects in her craft business during her Christmas break. She is having surgery Jan. 12 for tennis elbow and carpal tunnel on the left arm and will be out of school a few weeks afterwards.  It's always something, isn't it?  We are here until tomorrow morning, then we drive home to Georgia and prepare to rest up for a month or so.  I truly mean that!  DS and DDIL along with their 2 sons go home too tomorrow to Michigan, then fly down to Miami for a 4 day holiday.  They're still young enough to handle such quick turnarounds. 😉

Hoping all of you are staying safe and enjoying your Boxing Day. 

Thank you Sandi.

I had a little bleeding yesterday but everything seems good now.

Fortunately there has been very little pain.

Wishing you all safe travels back home.

Prayers 🙏 for a successful operation on January 12th for your DD.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

Well, I was going to post last evening on the Christmas Daily.  However, our internet provider (Hargray) that has a monopoly here in the low country of South Carolina and coastal Georgia, decided that no one in the Bluffton area needed internet or TV.  So we were without service from about 6 pm until 11 pm.  

One of my most favorite series is Call the Midwife.  The Christmas Special was on at 9 pm last night.  Needless to say I was not a happy camper.

Since DH and I were alone and Christmas dinner was over we expected to watch the Downton Abbey movie and then Call the Midwife. 

None of that happened.

Hargray advertises itself as the Communications leader int he Lowcountry.  We pay a lot of money for very poor service. 

Anyway, just venting.

Many people have worse problems.  

The program will be repeated today.

Happy Boxing Day again.

Terri

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Sandi.

I had a little bleeding yesterday but everything seems good now.

Fortunately there has been very little pain.

Wishing you all safe travels back home.

Prayers 🙏 for a successful operation on January 12th for your DD.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

Graham, sorry about the bleeding but feel sure you will heal properly.  Nice to know there hasn't been any pain though.  Thanks for your prayers for DD!

6 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Well, I was going to post last evening on the Christmas Daily.  However, our internet provider (Hargray) that has a monopoly here in the low country of South Carolina and coastal Georgia, decided that no one in the Bluffton area needed internet or TV.  So we were without service from about 6 pm until 11 pm.  

One of my most favorite series is Call the Midwife.  The Christmas Special was on at 9 pm last night.  Needless to say I was not a happy camper.

Since DH and I were alone and Christmas dinner was over we expected to watch the Downton Abbey movie and then Call the Midwife. 

None of that happened.

Hargray advertises itself as the Communications leader int he Lowcountry.  We pay a lot of money for very poor service. 

Anyway, just venting.

Happy Boxing Day again.

Terri

Terri, I can understand your angst about the cable and internet outage.  I love Call the Midwife, too and will be watching it when we get home.  It's on the DVR waiting for me.  If it wasn't for some crazy reason I'm pretty sure I could find it on demand on the DVR.  

Somehow cable TV always seems to go on the blink when something special is on, like the championship game or season finales.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Just got through on-line church services as the clergy and volunteers are taking a well deserved break.

DW prepared a delicious and beautiful meal yesterday an we will be enjoying leftovers for a couple of days.

Temps in low 70’s today so maybe a nice walk will help shed some of yesterday’s calories. 

Early next month we’ll be headed to our time share in Cancun for a couple of weeks of fun in the sun. March will bring a couple of weeks on the MS Rotterdam and in May 3 weeks at our other time share on Poipu Beach, Kauai. Making up for lost pandemic times!

Thanks Rich for your loyal posting and to all who contribute.

Get out and enjoy the day!

• Like 28

Good morning, all! Happy Boxing Day! Leftovers will definitely be front and Center tonight. DH and I drive home tomorrow, as do my nephew and his wife. Two days later DS and DBIL leave for their winter home in Palm Springs. All leftovers need to be gone by then.

We had a lovely Christmas here. All six of us are fully vaccinated, and other than shopping for a few important grocery items we stayed put and didn’t go anywhere. It is unusually cold and snowy here. It’s nice to have a white Christmas.We are under a winter storm warning here. The snow is supposed to end today, but the Arctic outflow warning continues. Today’s high is forecast for -17 C. When we leave tomorrow, they’re calling for the mid minus 20’s. Here is the view from the living room here.

A1411129-B597-4AE6-AC96-817FBBCDB1ED.thumb.jpeg.5ebb91b472151e779d754d0267ffac75.jpeg

Enjoy Boxing Day, everyone! @mamaofamiIm hoping your negative, and just feeling tired. @StLouisCruisers you would think by now someone who was sick would stay home, for heavens sake! @Himself it’s good to see you posting again, Father! @grapau27im glad the surgery went well and your healing up nicely.

Happy Sunday, especially to @richwoman @Sharon in AZ, and all who are seeing these under their feet today aboard a BHB.

A1AFAB8B-7DE9-40E9-824B-7941E25448D7.thumb.jpeg.8ee99261a224ac76e63910cba2ab554f.jpeg

Edited by Horizon chaser 1957
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Good morning, all! Happy Boxing Day! Leftovers will definitely be front and Center tonight. DH and I drive home tomorrow, as do my nephew and his wife. Two days later DS and DBIL leave for their winter home in Palm Springs. All leftovers need to be gone by then.

We had a lovely Christmas here. All six of us are fully vaccinated, and other than shopping for a few important grocery items we stayed put and didn’t go anywhere. It is unusually cold and snowy here. It’s nice to have a white Christmas.We are under a winter storm warning here. The snow is supposed to end today, but the Arctic outflow warning continues. Today’s high is forecast for -17 C. When we leave tomorrow, they’re calling for the mid minus 20’s. Here is the view from the living room here.

A1411129-B597-4AE6-AC96-817FBBCDB1ED.thumb.jpeg.5ebb91b472151e779d754d0267ffac75.jpeg

Enjoy Boxing Day, everyone! @mamaofamiIm hoping your negative, and just feeling tired. @StLouisCruisers you would think by now someone who was sick would stay home, for heavens sake! @Himself it’s good to see you posting again, Father! @grapau27im glad the surgery went well and your healing up nicely.

Happy Sunday, especially to @richwoman @Sharon in AZ, and all who are seeing these under their feet today aboard a BHB.

A1AFAB8B-7DE9-40E9-824B-7941E25448D7.thumb.jpeg.8ee99261a224ac76e63910cba2ab554f.jpeg

Thank you.

That is a lovely view from the living room.

Please take care driving home in the snow.

Graham.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Quick post for the drink of the day.  Our house/pet sitter will be here tomorrow.  Cleaning the house very well.  LOL  Like cleaning for the cleaning lady if I had one.

Vieux Carré:

Ingredients
3/4 ounce rye whiskey
3/4 ounce cognac
3/4 ounce sweet vermouth
1 to 2 dashes Angostura bitters
1 to 2 dashes Peychaud's Bitters
1/2 ounce Bénédictine liqueur
Cherry or lemon twist, garnish

Steps to Make It
Gather the ingredients.
Combine the rye whiskey, cognac, sweet vermouth, bitters, and Bénédictine in a mixing glass filled with ice.
Stir well.
Strain into an old-fashioned glass filled with ice.
Garnish with a cherry or lemon twist.

Screen Shot 2021-12-26 at 9.15.42 AM.png

Dixie,  we need to know how to pronounce the second part of the name phonetically! 🤣🤣🤣

Have a super cruise! 

• Like 8
  • Haha 7

We have been to Colon Panama 3 times and as both Roy & Rich have mentioned it is not a great port.  You know when you are warned not to leave to port area on your own that the country is not very safe.  Here are pics from our April 2015 stop while on route through the Panama Canal From Fort Lauderdale to San Diego on The Celebrity Infinity.

IMG_1632.JPG

Panama Canal 039.JPG

Panama Canal 045.JPG

Panama Canal 046.JPG

Panama Canal 047.JPG

Panama Canal 050.JPG

Panama Canal 054.JPG

Panama Canal 056.JPG

Panama Canal 058.JPG

Panama Canal 060.JPG

Panama Canal 063.JPG

Panama Canal 065.JPG

Panama Canal 068.JPG

Panama Canal 070.JPG

Panama Canal 072.JPG

• Like 28
  • Thanks 6

38 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Poor DSIL phoned our DD just now and said after driving south for 90 minutes he got a phone call from his Dad who said his Mom is in the ER with very bad flu!  The Dad isn't feeling too well himself, so DSIL and DGS are turning around and heading back home to Cincinnati.  What a bummer!  But most importantly I hope his parents start getting better soon.   They apparently caught the flu from DSIL's sister who was visiting them in Florida last week with a whole passel of sick kids!  No one wants their vacation plans thwarted but this is really sad everything turned out this way.  I wish she'd stayed home!🙁

Sandi

Sadly some people just don’t get the importance of being responsible.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Graham, sorry about the bleeding but feel sure you will heal properly.  Nice to know there hasn't been any pain though.  Thanks for your prayers for DD!

Terri, I can understand your angst about the cable and internet outage.  I love Call the Midwife, too and will be watching it when we get home.  It's on the DVR waiting for me.  If it wasn't for some crazy reason I'm pretty sure I could find it on demand on the DVR.  

Somehow cable TV always seems to go on the blink when something special is on, like the championship game or season finales.

Thank you for your kind good wishes Sandi.

Pauline has been amazing looking after me.

Sorry to hear about DSILs change of plans and prayers 🙏 that his parents recover quickly.

Graham.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Laura, thank you for my vicarious snow “fix”! 
Safe travels!

Ann - from sunny, 68F & climbing Florida!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Let me begin by saying thank you for all those lovely birthday wishes yesterday, you’re very thoughtful!  

We will definitely be having leftover turkey today; I cooked a 14 lb bird for the 6 of us (two are littles), so we have enough for today and the rest will be frozen for later use.  As usual, stuffing was the main event on most plates; I made a big slow cooker full, as well as stuffing the turkey, but even though everyone had their fill, there is still a lot left for today.   

@bdrcoleI have to say you did a marvellous job on the 2 Hour Buns!

We we’re in Colon once when DH was medically disembarked from our cruise.  We got into the ambulance, me riding in the front with the driver, when he suddenly reached his arm around me.  I thought he was getting fresh and said “What on earth do you think you’re doing ?”  He responded “Locking the door ma’am, this place isn’t safe even for us.”   

Today will be less hectic than yesterday, I see us watching lots of kid videos and playing card games and dominos.  Many are saying how hot it was yesterday , well this morning in Calgary it’s -27C, -36C with the wind chill, so we won’t be playing outside any time soon!  Tonight’s dinner is looking like leftover turkey with a fresh salad and vegetables.  I think I’ll make the leftover mashed potatoes into patties for a bit of a change.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don’t think they do.  Extra prayers for Jacqui, Jose, and his medical team, and for those CC folks who aren’t feeling well.  Raising the glasses tonight to cheer on all on our happy list.  Be safe, wear your masks, stay well, wash your hands, and get your boosters!

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

Gerry 

• Like 26

Happy Boxing Day.  The only canes in the house are the chocolate filled one DD and DSIL brought, and some very old ones that are part of a few ornaments on the tree..  Thank you notes are still important, but since we no longer exchange gifts, there are not notes to write this year.

We have plenty of leftover ham and baby back ribs from dinner the past two nights.  We'll pass on the drink and the wine.

I really like the Anne Morrow Lindbergh quote.  It's one we should all remember every day.

We have been to Colon once in 2015 when Statendam had a change of itinerary and spent the day on the west coast of Panama.  We took the train over to Colon and the bus back across the isthmus.  We only saw Colon from the bus and that was more than enough.  I hope the Panamanian government is spending money to improve that side of Panama.

IMG_5170.thumb.JPG.722699cd7d324e4b35ec8720ddcb3197.JPG

IMG_5171.thumb.JPG.1666e2462819fb2859d3136ab3b6183b.JPG

IMG_5172.thumb.JPG.e23abcff9fa484a9707eee34ca1aafc8.JPG

IMG_5173.thumb.JPG.3eef4ffcec73f18bcb325395ecd4b2a9.JPG

Lenda

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

30 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Laura, thank you for my vicarious snow “fix”! 
Safe travels!

Ann - from sunny, 68F & climbing Florida!

And a bonus picture from this morning. The snow is blowing off the porch roof as a fine dust due to the cold! And yes, the Christmas tree is outdoors.

F5DB61E9-D845-46E5-8CD1-5973BF651D8A.thumb.jpeg.1cd77cdf01d91e84c2c97df6ce869a6e.jpeg

• Like 26

Thanks for the Boxing Day Daily, Rich 🙂 I hope you have a wonderful one on board 🤞 

87952677-036C-468D-B85E-B924C5E9ADD1.thumb.jpeg.83c037202cc0ecdb81fa280c5ae61c1c.jpeg

Thank you notes are so meaningful and I celebrated the day writing them yesterday and today to all the angels including the hospital staff.

Love the quote and thanks to an angel, I do have some left over turkey 👍   Turkey isn’t safe for dogs, so they have other treats for tonight 😉 

514720F8-C6B6-405A-8476-6EE446445EFC.jpeg.be2d26243f3fdc7518253ef6d5985daf.jpeg

I think I will work on my exercises tonight too after this morning.

0F5DB8D9-6068-4647-8CA3-F703E7FB9BAB.jpeg.047e38bf909a0ac4bfbf6dbba761ba0b.jpeg

I was so excited yesterday as I was very impressed with Jose’s new nursing staff and he was able to hold his own water bottle yesterday (doesn’t sound like much but it was exciting).  He’s still delirious but I could see some improvement.  I was really looking forward to today and had hopes (tried not to get them too high), tore around and packed him a little turkey dinner, his water, fig bars, bananas, etc & the yummy treats for the nurses and thank you note.  When I rang the bell to get in (doors are all locked so that only those allowed can get in), the Charge Nurse came out and guessed my name based on those who came yesterday.

She was just about to call.  There is a covid “situation” - just announced  - that’s all I got and I was not allowed to go in. 😢 I’m not sure if I will be tomorrow or not and have to call before I take the drive in.  I get mad at people who think this is smart when I turned down invites for Christmas dinner to keep my angels and the hospital safe 😡 

32C6B886-621E-4236-BEE7-659A4AF753EE.jpeg.144e8ccf33771ef5816ad07b980b6d9d.jpeg

@ger_77I’m so sorry I missed wishing you a happy birthday yesterday.  Hope this belated birthday wish brings you much happiness all year 🤞 

@StLouisCruisersbest wishes for your DD’s surgery on the 12th 🙏🏻 

@Sharon in AZgreat picture!  Sorry you are missing your port but hopefully you have the ship to yourself and can enjoy it.  Bingo is so cute 👍 

@mamaofamibest wishes for your test today.  Hopefully you will feel better once it is over 🙏🏻 

@Heartgroveso sorry to hear about your sinus infection 😔 Hope the doctor can help 🙏🏻 

But most importantly I hope his parents start getting better soon.   They apparently caught the flu from DSIL's sister who was visiting them in Florida last week with a whole passel of sick kids!  No one wants their vacation plans thwarted but this is really sad everything turned out this way.  I wish she'd stayed home!🙁

I so agree with you on staying home.  Hope they recover quickly 🙏🏻 

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a wonderful Boxing Day everyone!

0B7DAC48-ADC5-4F05-9403-5C4C9266BA5C.thumb.jpeg.3529ecbe2593865b19626df98870dada.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Sadly I am back on my phone again. But I knew yesterday would never last. So I leave you with a smile, some wine and lots of prayers and good wishes!

Today’s smiles are theme related…

F6B15527-B1BC-4BBC-AE9C-8AE30728D8E9.jpeg.bca221592612bc07d57b0b990de8ec1f.jpeg

51BDA994-D19D-4CC3-A587-D873FA6BFD44.jpeg.8264704a3226cb372180faf1fde1a3dd.jpeg

Ann, thanks for the memes and the laughs.

2 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning from Rotterdam’s Club Orange. We can only go ashore if you are on a HAL shore excursion. Craig & I failed to book one so we will stay onboard today. Maybe a movie is going to happen. 

08537981-6D34-412A-9B69-1539C4D6720D.thumb.jpeg.9aebff0af35758d6294010d4e95693ae.jpeg

For Christmas our DS and his SO gave their daughter’s a puppy.  Our DGD is the one on the right. The puppy is a Husky and so far the name is Bingo. 

B92FC4AA-BBE9-4649-A77C-FC95AF1307D1.thumb.jpeg.86a1448bee2ad0c501a67b8714520973.jpeg

Sharon, the puppy is adorable and your DGD looks very excited.

2 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. Not feeling so great today. It’s day 5 after being exposed to covid. I’m taking a rapid in home test and have an afternoon appointment for the PCR test. Hoping I’m negative and haven’t given anything to Sam.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

Carol, I'm sorry you are not feeling well.  Hope it is from stress and anxiety about the exposure to Covid and mot Covid.  Really, really hope both tests are negative.  You and your family have been through enough the past six or seven months.  Hope 2022 is a much better year for all of you.

2 hours ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone.   Happy Boxing Day.  I hope everyone's day yesterday was merry and bright.

We had a very nice day.   My brother joined us for dinner and brought the horseradish sauce for the Prime Rib.  We had no left overs.  For those who did, I offer the following suggestions:

If you have both leftoever turkey and ham, try this:   https://www.myfearlesskitchen.com/slow-cooker-ham-turkey-noodle-casserole/

399487757_leftoverturkeyandham2.jpg.35af2239c1368fda75e262d94872b8cf.jpg

Or you can try this one:  https://www.fivehearthome.com/chicken-turkey-cordon-bleu-casserole/

794316413_Leftoverturkeyandham.thumb.jpg.dfad82e70dfd764c907af78f7f245c49.jpg

Just have one or the other?   The above suggestions aren't calling your name?   Browse through here:   https://www.remodelaholic.com/25-ways-to-use-leftover-turkey-or-ham/

1707595500_leftoverturkeyandham3.jpg.171751f37a7303809667e4885d7e50ff.jpg

Enjoy!    I'm heading up to Elk Rapids today.   

Debbie, safe travels to Elk Rapids today.

2 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

Good Morning everyone! Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, and thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebrations Report. And thank you everyone for caring and sharing! 

Yesterday was the warmest Christmas on record for the area. Charlottesville (our neighbor over the mountain) got to 72 degrees!  We reached 66 degrees. By this time we should have had a decent snowfall of around 10 inches.

I have not been able to shake this cold which I think has turned into a sinus infection. I have a teleconference with my doctor tomorrow morning so hopefully can get to the bottom of this!

I hope you can shake that cold and the teleconference with your doctor tomorrow gives you some answers and help.  Feel better soon.

Sandi, how awful for you DSIL's parents.  Hope they are better very soon.  Some people just don't know when to stay home to protect themselves and others.  Safe travels to you tomorrow and to the rest of your family.

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

None of that happened.

Anyway, just venting.

Happy Boxing Day again.

Terri

Feel free to rant anytime about anything.  We're here to "listen" and comiserate.

48 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Laura, that is the way I like to see snow, in a picture while in a warmer place.  This morning's picture is even prettier.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks for the Boxing Day Daily, Rich 🙂 I hope you have a wonderful one on board 🤞 

87952677-036C-468D-B85E-B924C5E9ADD1.thumb.jpeg.83c037202cc0ecdb81fa280c5ae61c1c.jpeg

Thank you notes are so meaningful and I celebrated the day writing them yesterday and today to all the angels including the hospital staff.

Love the quote and thanks to an angel, I do have some left over turkey 👍   Turkey isn’t safe for dogs, so they have other treats for tonight 😉 

514720F8-C6B6-405A-8476-6EE446445EFC.jpeg.be2d26243f3fdc7518253ef6d5985daf.jpeg

I think I will work on my exercises tonight too after this morning.

0F5DB8D9-6068-4647-8CA3-F703E7FB9BAB.jpeg.047e38bf909a0ac4bfbf6dbba761ba0b.jpeg

I was so excited yesterday as I was very impressed with Jose’s new nursing staff and he was able to hold his own water bottle yesterday (doesn’t sound like much but it was exciting).  He’s still delirious but I could see some improvement.  I was really looking forward to today and had hopes (tried not to get them too high), tore around and packed him a little turkey dinner, his water, fig bars, bananas, etc & the yummy treats for the nurses and thank you note.  When I rang the bell to get in (doors are all locked so that only those allowed can get in), the Charge Nurse came out and guessed my name based on those who came yesterday.

She was just about to call.  There is a covid “situation” - just announced  - that’s all I got and I was not allowed to go in. 😢 I’m not sure if I will be tomorrow or not and have to call before I take the drive in.  I get mad at people who think this is smart when I turned down invites for Christmas dinner to keep my angels and the hospital safe 😡 

32C6B886-621E-4236-BEE7-659A4AF753EE.jpeg.144e8ccf33771ef5816ad07b980b6d9d.jpeg

@ger_77I’m so sorry I missed wishing you a happy birthday yesterday.  Hope this belated birthday wish brings you much happiness all year 🤞 

@StLouisCruisersbest wishes for your DD’s surgery on the 12th 🙏🏻 

@Sharon in AZgreat picture!  Sorry you are missing your port but hopefully you have the ship to yourself and can enjoy it.  Bingo is so cute 👍 

@mamaofamibest wishes for your test today.  Hopefully you will feel better once it is over 🙏🏻 

@Heartgroveso sorry to hear about your sinus infection 😔 Hope the doctor can help 🙏🏻 

I so agree with you on staying home.  Hope they recover quickly 🙏🏻 

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a wonderful Boxing Day everyone!

0B7DAC48-ADC5-4F05-9403-5C4C9266BA5C.thumb.jpeg.3529ecbe2593865b19626df98870dada.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

Jacqui, it's always good to see your posts, and this one started out on such a good note.  Happy for any improvements by Jose.  It seems things are beginning to head in the right direction.  Continued positive thoughts and  ((((((((((HUGS))))))))  headed your way.    

I was sorry to read that you can't be with Jose today and hope the Covid situation is better tomorrow.  I wish people would realize this virus is not a hoax and that their so called personal choice affects everyone they are in contact with.  Sorry for the rant on your post, but I think we both, and almost everyone else on the Daily agree.

As usual, take care of yourself and the dogs.

Lenda

• Like 27

7 minutes ago, kazu said:

Oh, Jacqui, I can understand how frustrating that situation is.  I pray they let you in soon.  It is so important for you to be there for Jose.

This happened with my my BIL right after he was admitted to the nursing facility.  We were not allowed to visit him for 14 days and he had not idea why.  Because of his cognitive impairment we could not even talk to him on the phone.  

I hope for you and Jose that this resolves quickly and you can be back at Jose’s side.

You have all my prayers for today.

Terri

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

Happy Boxing Day everyone! 

Growing up in Canada it was so nice to have 2 days off for Christmas. The stores were closed and it was truly a holiday. Christmas was spent with family and Boxing Day many people had open houses and got together with friends. There were at least 20 people in my parents rec room back in the day. 

It snowed all day yesterday and it's gotten down to 20F. We have about a foot and aren't going anywhere. We lost power for about 45 minutes and had a few brownouts but so far it's good this morning. 

I'm a great believer in Thank You notes. I make a candy cane cookie with crushed candy canes in the dough which are a hit, along with my English shortbread. 

@kazu Jacqui, I was allowed in due to DH's memory issues. Medicare has a policy that the primary caregiver has to be allowed in. In September I wasn't and DH was a mess when he got out. This time he's doing pretty well. Still not walking great ( @dobiemom may remember the walking issues from our cruise in September) but getting better by the hour. 

This is a good day to do a jigsaw puzzle, maybe do some cleaning, and relax!

Karen

• Like 23