Allure of the Seas turned away in St Thomas

tohono

16 minutes ago, TAMUPhD said:

Unfortunately, they were contacted that their vaccinated, teenage son was a close contact for someone that tested positive while onboard.  He was immediately told to quarantine in the cabin (this was Sunday).  Yesterday he was tested and also came up positive.  

How do they determine that a person has been in close contact with a person that tested positive?  Are they using surveillance to track passengers' movements?  That's just creepy!

5 minutes ago, coaster said:

Learning more about the red zone the more people seem to be ending up there. No carpet seems very depressing. Like a jail cell. Do they have at least a window?

The rooms are fine. I was just in one two weeks ago. The carpet was removed to make it easier to sanitize the rooms, but the vinyl flooring is just fine. There’s even a kettle and tea in there for you, something they don’t have in the regular cabins.

2AD6475F-646A-492B-9E82-AF7EDFD48E55.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, handbellplayer said:

Are they using surveillance to track passengers' movements?  That's just creepy!

If that bothers you, then don't ever set foot on a ship again since virtually all of them do that (surveillance in general and specific uses for special issues)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

If that bothers you, then don't ever set foot on a ship again since virtually all of them do that (surveillance in general and specific uses for special issues)

When I asked the lady at check in at the WJ why we needed to scan our sea pass cards on entry and exit...I was told it was "tracing".  😮 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, handbellplayer said:

How do they determine that a person has been in close contact with a person that tested positive?  Are they using surveillance to track passengers' movements?  That's just creepy!

I only know what I know or can surmise from text messages but the "close contacts" in this group were those that befriended each other in the teen club.  Guessing they are able to tell by who was checked in at the same time as the positive case that started this for my nephew.

12 minutes ago, island lady said:

And that comment one poster made about the Obese was just mean and hateful ).  At least stopping the unvaxxed is making a statement the CDC will appreciate and pay attention to.  

Directly from the CDC website:

"Obesity is a common, serious, and costly chronic disease. Having obesity puts people at risk for many other serious chronic diseases and increases the risk of severe illness from COVID-19. "

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, mein18 said:

Losing track of which poster is on which sailing. Are you on Allure? What is or was your itinerary?

Sorry, I'm on Odessey right now. We have St Thomas tomorrow, San Juan then Nassau. 

Edited by whitshel

I am 68, soon to be 69, and obese. I have bilat broken ankles, so exercising is hard but not impossible, so not making excuses. I'm also lazy; just ask DH! I only take one medication for a hypothyroid. We are both fully vaxed and boosted, and love to cruise! If I should happen to contract Covid and pass from this world on a ship, I would be doing what I love to do! Of course, maybe I am being selfish, so, if some of you think that, I apologize. We hope to cruise often and for many years to come, God willing!! Happy cruising and cheers to all of our friends!!

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

I am 68, soon to be 69, and obese. I have bilat broken ankles, so exercising is hard but not impossible, so not making excuses. I'm also lazy; just ask DH! I only take one medication for a hypothyroid. We are both fully vaxed and boosted, and love to cruise! If I should happen to contract Covid and pass from this world on a ship, I would be doing what I love to do! Of course, maybe I am being selfish, so, if some of you think that, I apologize. We hope to cruise often and for many years to come, God willing!! Happy cruising and cheers to all of our friends!!

And I hope to cruise with you in the future as well my friend.  🙂  

Did you end up deciding on rescheduling the Aussie trip?  I am hoping my reschedule of early 2023 makes it this time....time will tell.  Just hope for the best.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

And I hope to cruise with you in the future as well my friend.  🙂  

Did you end up deciding on rescheduling the Aussie trip?  I am hoping my reschedule of early 2023 makes it this time....time will tell.  Just hope for the best.  

Thanks a bunch!! Nope, haven't rescheduled anything across the pond just yet. Decided to stick closer to home for now. Very happy to be cruising in those beautiful Caribbean waters!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

Thanks a bunch!! Nope, haven't rescheduled anything across the pond just yet. Decided to stick closer to home for now. Very happy to be cruising in those beautiful Caribbean waters!

Looks like we will just be missing you on Odyssey, we are B2B later in January.  Hope you have many years of happy cruising to come! 🥰

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, island lady said:

Looks like we will just be missing you on Odyssey, we are B2B later in January.  Hope you have many years of happy cruising to come! 🥰

Hah! You'll be skipping around us on the Odyssey. We plan to take a look at the Wonder sailings while on Odyssey, mainly looking at the December 11, 2022 week, so we can see her all dolled up for Christmas! Guess we'll just miss you there too! Oh well, another time I hope! Happy cruising to us!

Edited by SilkySal
add

Hi fellow cruisers: I am 77 and my wife is a few years  younger. I am a United States Marine Corps Veteran and retired after  30 years as a Police Supervisor 25 years ago. We are fournate to live in a active retirement city in the Villages  Florida where we enjoy all our amenities such as 102 pools and over 700 holes of Golf. We love Cruising and have completed 11 voyages since Sept 1st. WE will be leaving Jan.3rd on the Independence on our 94th cruise and have 19 more booked thru Oct 2022.  

We are totally vacinated, boostered, insured  and usually walk off with our luggage except for our 28day and 22 day cruises.

I don't think we will be any burden on other cruisers and hope we will still booking,Breathing, and sailing the seas for many years.    Bob & Nancy

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

Hah! You'll be skipping around us on the Odyssey. We plan to take a look at the Wonder sailings while on Odyssey, mainly looking at the December 11, 2022 week, so we can see her all dolled up for Christmas! Guess we'll just miss you there too! Oh well, another time I hope! Happy cruising to us!

We were scheduled for Allure B2B Med mid October, then the TA coming back to Galveston, which will be our first time international since shut down.  Then...it turned into Wonder for those four weeks.  Sooo excited to meet her!  🙂  

And best yet...coming in to home port PC!  🤗  Will be fun being on board for for her first home port welcome into PC.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villager70 said:

Hi fellow cruisers: I am 77 and my wife is a few years  younger. I am a United States Marine Corps Veteran and retired after  30 years as a Police Supervisor 25 years ago. We are fournate to live in a active retirement city in the Villages  Florida where we enjoy all our amenities such as 102 pools and over 700 holes of Golf. We love Cruising and have completed 11 voyages since Sept 1st. WE will be leaving Jan.3rd on the Independence on our 94th cruise and have 19 more booked thru Oct 2022.  

We are totally vacinated, boostered, insured  and usually walk off with our luggage except for our 28day and 22 day cruises.

I don't think we will be any burden on other cruisers and hope we will still booking,Breathing, and sailing the seas for many years.    Bob & Nancy

We are right there with you my friend....hope to cruise with you in the future...or perhaps we are!  😉 

On 12/26/2021 at 11:23 PM, Jimbo said:

Might as well save the fuel and float around 5 or 10 miles off  the shore of each departure port.

Not a bad idea but I suggest head south to warmer air temps.🙂

3 hours ago, bajathree said:

Like I said in another post....it's a perfect storm of raising occupancy, Omicron and not changing protocol to fully vaccinated only......and now you're seeing the results of that all.

Agree 100% with you again with this. 

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

We were on a 7 day Harmony cruise when Dorian hit, and we stayed at sea for 11 days before we returned to PC. We docked in Cozumel two extra times to let people who needed to get home off of the ship and spent most of our time just sailing around in circles off the coast of Cuba. They may have taken on additional provisions at those extra stops although Cozumel really isn't set up as a re-supply port. We never ran out of supplies, although the buffet menus got a bit repetitive towards the end of the cruise.

That was an amazing sailing, not so much for the ones who were cancelled though. Going to Cozumel was like Groundhog Day. We did take some provisions from the RC ship beside us while docked. I saw them transferring fruits and veggies. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Add to that, Las Vegas.

Cameras are everywhere so expect to filmed, or don’t ever leave your home. As a matter of fact a woman just found a hidden camera in her home in a smoke detector.  How it got there is creepy, out in the general public it is far from IMO. 

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/calif-woman-finds-hidden-bedroom-camera-in-false-smoke-detector-1.5714910

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

We were on a 7 day Harmony cruise when Dorian hit, and we stayed at sea for 11 days before we returned to PC. We docked in Cozumel two extra times to let people who needed to get home off of the ship and spent most of our time just sailing around in circles off the coast of Cuba. They may have taken on additional provisions at those extra stops although Cozumel really isn't set up as a re-supply port. We never ran out of supplies, although the buffet menus got a bit repetitive towards the end of the cruise.

We were on the same cruise….😁

1 hour ago, DrVegas said:

The rooms are fine. I was just in one two weeks ago. The carpet was removed to make it easier to sanitize the rooms, but the vinyl flooring is just fine. There’s even a kettle and tea in there for you, something they don’t have in the regular cabins.

What ship and deck? 

The Virgin Islands has turned away two cruise ships with COVID infections aboard, according to V.I. Health Commissioner Justa Encarnacion.

Encarnacion shared the information at a Monday press briefing on COVID, noting the cruise ships had passed the 1% threshold of active COVID cases onboard that her department has allowed for visiting ships.

“We actually turned away two cruise ships this weekend, one was 1.2% the other was 1.9%,” Encarnacion said at one point during the briefing.

The two ships were the Allure of the Seas and Norwegian Epic.

Gov. Albert Bryan Jr. explained that through a memorandum of understanding, any ship that reaches a COVID positivity rate over 1% will not be allowed to call on the territory.

“We have an agreement with them, if their numbers cross that threshold there’s no compromise, no conversation, they just can’t come,” Bryan said.

http://www.virginislandsdailynews.com/news/usvi-bvi-turn-away-cruise-ships-due-to-covid/article_fb8592a2-6e8e-56be-8770-7e0b62fe64d8.html

Edited by bajathree
  • Thanks 4

23 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Not a bad idea but I suggest head south to warmer air temps.🙂

Agree 100% with you again with this. 

That was an amazing sailing, not so much for the ones who were cancelled though. Going to Cozumel was like Groundhog Day. We did take some provisions from the RC ship beside us while docked. I saw them transferring fruits and veggies. 

We were there also and saw the Royal ships each day rolling down food supplies to trade. Enjoyed all the extra points and days.Didn't affect us but the cruisers with Bev,internet  packages etc got all the extra days for free.

20 minutes ago, davekathy said:

What ship and deck? 

This is deck 3 of Allure. Where they bring the COVID positive passengers. I tested positive during a B2B testing on the last day of the cruise. No real symptoms other than what you usually feel after you’ve been having a bit too much fun for the last week. 😏

• Like 2