Does Celebrity do the cruise duck's too?

Harrylinden

Was on the Equinox and found some ducks! Found out later it's a thing now,to hide all over the ship  and post them on facebook! Do people going on any Celebrity ship hide ducks too,or is it just some of the other cruiselines? Just curious!!!  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

It isn’t organized by the cruise line, it’s done by passengers. I have found ducks on millennium and on equinox and will be looking for some on silhouette coming up.  I plan to place some on reflection when I sail on her with friends in January.

Why?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm all for the live and let live philosophy but I just really don't understand this one. Maybe if you're under the age of 5? I imagine it's the same people that setup 'Fairy Gardens' on our tree lawn so I can accidently mow over it when the grass gets high 🤨

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

I'm all for the live and let live philosophy but I just really don't understand this one. Maybe if you're under the age of 5? I imagine it's the same people that setup 'Fairy Gardens' on our tree lawn so I can accidently mow over it when the grass gets high 🤨

Probably not, unless those same people cruise

but possibly some of the same people who scatter quilted hearts for others to find

Lol, since you found the little ducks on Equinox, then one can logically say that yes, it happens on Celebrity  ships. I've found a few, and left one or 2. It's not a new thing. And it happens on multiple lines. There are previous threads on the subject. It's supposed to be a fun, whimsical  thing, but some people aren't able to grasp this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

48 minutes ago, mom says said:

Lol, since you found the little ducks on Equinox, then one can logically say that yes, it happens on Celebrity  ships. I've found a few, and left one or 2. It's not a new thing. And it happens on multiple lines. There are previous threads on the subject. It's supposed to be a fun, whimsical  thing, but some people aren't able to grasp this.

So much more fun and whimsical to grasp an adult beverage or 5

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I think cruise ducks are a spin off of geocaching which did spread world-wide.  Do some of you think that is only for 5 year olds as well?  I personally think both are funny and would be a waste of my time, but evidently lots of people - mostly adults - engage in them.

• Haha 1

I think it is a fun idea. I joined the FB cruise ducks page recently and people have a lot of fun with it. (thought it was a bit odd at first, but it is awesome to see so many people have so much fun with it. They prepare months before their cruise, bringing dozens of different types of ducks with them that represent the country they are fun, their occupation or other things!)

Rather than some of the snarky responses I have seen here, if cruise ducks are not your thing, perhaps not comment, and let others have their fun. 🦆

• Like 7

I see the lightheartedness of it, but I have zero use for Facebook on a cruise, your so called “friends” don’t want to hear about the great time you’re having, while they are stuck in Cleveland. 

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sabbycat said:

I think it is a fun idea. I joined the FB cruise ducks page recently and people have a lot of fun with it. (thought it was a bit odd at first, but it is awesome to see so many people have so much fun with it. They prepare months before their cruise, bringing dozens of different types of ducks with them that represent the country they are fun, their occupation or other things!)

Rather than some of the snarky responses I have seen here, if cruise ducks are not your thing, perhaps not comment, and let others have their fun. 🦆

I will say I have seen more of them on Royal or NCL than Celebrity. 

21 minutes ago, Sabbycat said:

Sorry, not sorry, hiding ducks and "awesome" does not compute for me.  Preparing for months in advance and bringing the ugly duckings on my cruise...I'll pass.  But of course, to each their own.  

1 hour ago, GeorgesGal said:

I think cruise ducks are a spin off of geocaching which did spread world-wide.  Do some of you think that is only for 5 year olds as well?  I personally think both are funny and would be a waste of my time, but evidently lots of people - mostly adults - engage in them.

I view the event as more of a scavenger hunt, for ducks. I only participated once on a TA. It was fun but also challenging.

14 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Sorry, not sorry, hiding ducks and "awesome" does not compute for me.  Preparing for months in advance and bringing the ugly duckings on my cruise...I'll pass.  But of course, to each their own.  

Honestly, they don’t hurt a thing…different strokes, different folks..

The live duck comment earlier made me laugh..