What’s new on Beyond?

mfs2k

57 minutes ago, danceswithphones said:

They only date I've seen for sea trials is January 21. I assume Captain Kate will be aboard. 

She is doing sea trials. I follow her, and Bug, on Instagram. She was packing for her long haul trip a couple of days ago. They are taking the trip as a couple of legs, with a rest day or two in between. The first sailing is April 27 (or 26, I don't remember). Kate will be with the ship from the time she gets there very shortly, until her next break.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, mfs2k said:

I wonder when her 6 month rotation will end. 

Most takeout captains show up at the ship 2 months before delivery of the ship.  So, I am thinking she would be on the ship sailing for perhaps 6 weeks.

Honestly the rotations range from 10 -14 weeks depending on the ship and the agreement of the two masters.  My Anthem captain recently said he does 14 weeks and other captains say 10 weeks or 12.

5 hours ago, kimlovesfl said:

The first sailing is April 27 (or 26, I don't remember). Kate will be with the ship from the time she gets there very shortly, until her next break.

Booked for June 13rd, 2022. Wondering if I'll be lucky and have Captain Kate still onboard 😁.

• Like 1

Thanks to those who posted links so we can get previews of BEYOND. Will keep me busy for awhile 

Makes me feel good that some of us remember Marilyn..Vt Cruiser!

Hope Covid is not a Spoiiler so we can all enjoy!

• Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 3:09 AM, danceswithphones said:

Beyond is longer and taller than Edge/Apex. Deck 17 has been added, with the Retreat Sundeck relocated there. This freed up Deck 16 for Luminae to move up from Deck 12, allowing for more Retreat rooms there. Beyond is 68 feet longer, with passenger capacity increased by 350 (double occupancy). The view from Luminae has been improved but non-EV Retreat passengers will need to find their way from Deck 12 to Deck 16. I like the new location of Luminae. We are booked in an EV on the Beyond and we will have access to Luminae from our second floor door on Deck 16. 

Glad to hear this!  My husband and I are booked in an EV on Edge for *this* summer, but as it's in Europe, we're looking at moving that to an Italy, Turkey, and Greece cruise on the Beyond *next* summer, still in an EV. 

I've been hearing that they've fixed the "inconvenient" things that were on the Edge and Apex in the Beyond, but wondering if that's the case.  This is looking really cool so far, though!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I can't seem to find much recent chatter on here about Beyond but I did notice there have been some further new venues announced on the website plus the entertainment has also been announced.

I was pleased to see another couple of bars have been added to Beyond that had been on other ships but not on E-class vessels until now. 

The first is the World Class Bar which looks to be located off the Grand Plaza on the same level as Fine Cut and Raw on 5.  According to Celebrity it looks like this will be a high-end bar for craft cocktails with the "finest" ingredients.  Definitely nice to have another option for drinks on board.

369996194_Screenshot.gif.839ef4658a508d678f56314dda760874.gif

The second is the Mast Bar, which looks to be located way up on deck 16 near one of the martini glass hot-tubs.  

1436507449_Screenshot2022-03-25141410.jpg.65450b0e0b0503363d6131a8c25581ac.jpg

There is also info on the website about the 3 new shows for the main theatre as well as a new jazz-themed show in the Club.

829074832_Screenshot2022-03-25160017.thumb.gif.d0b467f36fdca93a7c997fefd7124425.gif

Overall I am excited to try these new venues in addition to the new restaurant le Voyage and the redesigned Martini Bar and Retreat areas.  We are booked on Beyond, but not till 2024!  Oh well, will have to do with waiting for the first YouTube tours and reviews this fall!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, danceswithphones said:

I like Luminae moving to Deck 16. View will be wonderful. 

For those of us who prefer the Retreat this is an awesome place for Luminae. The Ascent will also have the same location for Luminae. My sister and BIL booked this week a Celebrity Suite on the Beyond transatlantic cruise next year to Rome from FLL, I am jealous.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2022 at 11:34 AM, bikerunner said:

I would hope they use new beds and new toilets and not take them out of recycled ships..

Why would you even suggest this, do you have any information that this would even be a possibility?

Edited by terrydtx

On 1/5/2022 at 12:34 PM, bikerunner said:

I would hope they use new beds and new toilets and not take them out of recycled ships..

That is my thoughts.  I think everything would be new.🤷‍♂️

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅