Are P&O Allowing Transfers Post Full Balance

sweep2907

My mother has tried to postpone her upcoming 35 night trip to USA and Caribbean but they won't allow it. She is petrified with all the new covid cases and have read P&O have allowed some to move the cruise but my mother was told no and she would lose most of her money. What are others experiences?

• Thanks 1

Yes last week I managed to change my 14 night cruise on Iona due to depart on the 15th for one next year. The new cruise was fully paid for with money left over that they are refunding. In essence I am loaning them the cruise cost for one year. I explained my reasons for cancelling and they did say I would lose most of the money and no FCC was available. I told them I did not want to go on that cruise but would go on a replacement one at a later date, this seemed to be the magic password. They then said they would do that and which cruise did I want to go on. Minutes later it was all arranged and 10 minutes later I had the confirmation email with cabin number etc and confirming I had paid the full balance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Yes last week I managed to change my 14 night cruise on Iona due to depart on the 15th for one next year. The new cruise was fully paid for with money left over that they are refunding. In essence I am loaning them the cruise cost for one year. I explained my reasons for cancelling and they did say I would lose most of the money and no FCC was available. I told them I did not want to go on that cruise but would go on a replacement one at a later date, this seemed to be the magic password. They then said they would do that and which cruise did I want to go on. Minutes later it was all arranged and 10 minutes later I had the confirmation email with cabin number etc and confirming I had paid the full balance.

Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, davecttr said:

So you gave them 3 weeks notice, so that might be the golden cut off point but like you say you transferred to another cruise which probably helped as well, but the original poster lacked to give any timescale or if they was willing to swap like you was. 

Edited by Bazrat

2 hours ago, sweep2907 said:

My mother has tried to postpone her upcoming 35 night trip to USA and Caribbean but they won't allow it. She is petrified with all the new covid cases and have read P&O have allowed some to move the cruise but my mother was told no and she would lose most of her money. What are others experiences?

Of course,  if you Mother was to "ahem" be in contact with someone who has Covid a few days before her cruise, P&O  would not allow her on board, and she would get FCC to the value of her cruise.  

33 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

We managed to cancel our fully paid Iona cruise in mid Feb only this week, and also transferred the monies to an existing booking we had in 2023.

Ok makes sense now 

We cancelled our sailing on the current Ventura 35 night Caribbean cruise on 16th December.

We used half the money to book an October cruise this year. However P&O said they could not use the remaining monies to pay off our May cruise on Aurora, with the balance due on 4th Feb, because their systems weren't  able to do this.

Instead they say they have authorised a refund of the remaining funds. (Not received anything yet).

When it does (hopefully) come through our credit card will be well in credit and I will then pay the balance for the May cruise.

Following many of the FB P&O groups there doesn't seem to be any consistency in how passengers are being treated. Maybe it's just pot luck who you get to speak to.

• Like 2

We transferred our New Year cruise on the Ventura leaving on 29th December to one in May on Arcadia, on 21st December.  Because we had used some FCC to book the New Year one, that part of the payment was transferred to our cruise later this year in October.  

This was all done directly with P&O.  They were extremely helpful.  The cruise in May is shorter so we were able to book a suite - we did lose a little bit of money, but I am very happy with the outcome.

Michele

• Like 2

Unless P&O are going to allow all passengers to move their cruise after payment I  think that to give ALL customers the opportunity to assess the situation as late as possible that payment terms should be reduced to 30 days. No-one can predict what the situation will be in 3 months time (longer if you use some TA's). 

• Like 3

Apologies for not being clear but this cruise she would be happy to transfer again to 2023 version as already rolled from 2021. Rang again this morning and was told no so asked for supervisor to call her back. I'm appalled they forcing people to cruise in this climate rather than move the cruise further down the line.

Look at posts #43 & 44 in the locked thread P&Os Cancellation Terms (first thread on Page 2, currently)

Good luck with getting a satisfactory result from your phone call with the supervisor.  If not, your answer seems to be as described in those posts

32 minutes ago, sweep2907 said:

Apologies for not being clear but this cruise she would be happy to transfer again to 2023 version as already rolled from 2021. Rang again this morning and was told no so asked for supervisor to call her back. I'm appalled they forcing people to cruise in this climate rather than move the cruise further down the line.

If all else fails go back to post #6 .   I have read in the past that people have accidently ticked 

a wrong answer on one of the boxes so were not allowed to cruise and P&O were not giving 

any chance of corrections once you have clicked submit . From a film on You Tube I saw it 

was almost instant message informing them all monies refunded .

All I am saying is be careful as mistakes cannot be rectified once the button is clicked !

Watch this film https://youtu.be/i9sairngEGE?t=88

Edited by kalos
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, kalos said:

If all else fails go back to post #6 .   I have read in the past that people have accidently ticked 

a wrong answer on one of the boxes so were not allowed to cruise and P&O were not giving 

any chance of corrections once you have clicked submit . From a film on You Tube I saw it 

was almost instant message informing them all monies refunded .

All I am saying is be careful as mistakes cannot be rectified once the button is clicked !

Watch this film https://youtu.be/i9sairngEGE?t=88

I can only see onboard purchases refunded the cruise fare is FCC or have I missed something 

I think I worded it wrong ,P&O will return things like Spa and other things you could have booked and a future cruise credit to be used at a later date . Which for the poster who wants to move to a future cruise is an option for them .

https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-confidence/booking-with-confidence#book-with-confidence

Our promise to you

If you, or a member of your household, test positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of your holiday or are not permitted to travel following completion of the Health Declaration questionnaire, you will be denied boarding but we’re pleased to say you’ll receive a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) to the value of the cruise. We’ll automatically refund any pre-cruise purchases made through My P&O Cruises*.

If you were part of a linked booking, your friends or family would also be able to opt for the FCC and refund for purchases made. Just ask us to make sure all members of your travelling group are linked when you make your booking.

*Your FCC is non-refundable and is not ABTA or ATOL protected until a new booking is made. If your cruise is part of a wider holiday package booked through a tour operator, please contact them for information relating to their policies should you be denied boarding.

Edited by kalos
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, lolabarola said:

I was told by our TA that cruises in or out of Southampton could be transferred, but not fly cruises ie Caribbean

That is correct, as I found out to my cost. The full sorry saga, in which P&O did not cover themselves in glory, was detailed by me in the now locked thread P&O Cancellation Terms posts #6, #16, & #21 and I will not bore you by repeating it here.

Edited by Denarius
more detail

2 hours ago, sweep2907 said:

I don't know how old your Mum is? When the supervisor phones it might be worth saying that although you realise it's not official policy perhaps they could make a goodwill gesture in the case of your Mum particularly if she is in the vulnerable group for covid.Good Luck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ann141 said:

I don't know how old your Mum is? When the supervisor phones it might be worth saying that although you realise it's not official policy perhaps they could make a goodwill gesture in the case of your Mum particularly if she is in the vulnerable group for covid.Good Luck

I think a simple unfortunate slip of the finger, when filling in the health questionnaire, as Kalos mentioned, is the easiest way out of the situation

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I think a simple unfortunate slip of the finger, when filling in the health questionnaire, as Kalos mentioned, is the easiest way out of the situation

Agreed. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever why anyone who is concerned about going on a cruise at present needs to either go reluctantly, or suffer any loss whatsoever if they choose not to go. I’ve lost count of how many of us (including our P&O insider) have either discretely or blatantly told people how you can easily get out of a cruise and get 100% FCC, yet I am still reading about people sweating over this or, even worse, some have posted saying that they didn’t go and lost all their money. Heartbreaking when it’s so easy.

• Like 6