Sailings cancelled

jdg623

1 hour ago, island lady said:

On the bus?   Harmony transferred right at the dock with Rhapsody across the way at midnight two days ago.  Must have been different set up for Symphony?  

We had to wait to dock here at Coco Cay for Vision to get out of the way, she was docked up for same thing.  We are next to Indy right now.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, nelblu said:

No, you are simply a CC contrarian.😁

Sorry, don't have the Rah Rah Royal Cheerleader opinion like many other's on here. But it's a free country so I can have an opinion never-the-less.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jimbo said:

Sorry, don't have the Royal Cheerleader opinion like many other's on here. But it's a free country so I can have an opinion never-the-less.

Of course, you have the right to your opinion & ideas, however, when I see your posting I have a general idea where you are going. 😀

• Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, thewebbys said:

Thanks for the video. Nice job on creating it.  Very interesting they got the little buses involved.  Guessing there were not as many on our Harmony to Rhapsody shuffle.  Also sitting out there at midnight.  They just went ship to ship across the pier.  No buses involved.  

Sad this all has to happen.  😞  

56 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Oh so you thought it wouldn't get to the US? it would just skip us? It was reported it would be a very short time to get to the US, and they were correct.

So knowing it was coming you don't let cruise ships  up their passenger's count, you leave them at 50%  or less and see if you can handle that.

If you think Royal is handling all the recent sailings and customer's great, then that is your opinion, I however think they could have done a better job at it and if they did all their ships might still be sailing. I'm sure they would agree too, if they had done more there would have been no cancellations.

Key Board Warrior?

Really?

None of my posts are aggressive or abusive....Just my opinion's on an open forum. Either you can agree or disagree with what I post. I'm fine with that, you are open to your opinion's also.

But calling me a Keyboard Warrior is far from the truth.

At least some posters have common sense here, thank you so much Jimbo highly appreciated. 👍 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Thanks for the video. Nice job on creating it.  Very interesting they got the little buses involved.  Guessing there were not as many on our Harmony to Rhapsody shuffle.  Also sitting out there at midnight.  They just went ship to ship across the pier.  No buses involved.  

Sad this all has to happen.  😞  

I did not create it but it does put things in perspective. If they don't have the crew, then they need to pause and get everyone healthy. I think Royal did the right thing. 

• Like 3

Just now, thewebbys said:

I did not create it but it does put things in perspective. If they don't have the crew, then they need to pause and get everyone healthy. I think Royal did the right thing. 

Ahh..OK.   But thanks anyway for posting the link. 

I think there is more pausing about to happen.  😞   Sad for everyone...crew and pax alike.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, island lady said:

I think there is more pausing about to happen.  😞  Sad for everyone...crew and pax alike.  

It is inevitable. One look on land is enough to say a pause is coming. How long it will be is YTD, but IMO it will be sooner than later. Love to be wrong but I just don’t see it not happening at this point. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Ahh..OK.   But thanks anyway for posting the link. 

I think there is more pausing about to happen.  😞   Sad for everyone...crew and pax alike.  

The video definitely puts what's happening in real time in perspective v sitting at home reading about what's happening.  Pat thanks for sharing what you and Bucky have seen and thanks to the @thewebbys for posting the video. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

It is inevitable. One look on land is enough to say a pause is coming. How long it will be is YTD, but IMO it will be sooner than later. Love to be wrong but I just don’t see it not happening at this point. 

Agree. Not even going to waste my Magic 8 Balls time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

I agree, it is inevitable.  I hope the cruise lines voluntarily pause rather than waiting for the CDC to force it.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I agree, it is inevitable.  I hope the cruise lines voluntarily pause rather than waiting for the CDC to force it.

IMO if the lines do it first it will be easier to return later, than if the CDC shuts them down.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

IMO if the lines do it first it will be easier to return later, than if the CDC shuts them down.

And would probably result in a shorter pause with clearly defined return dates up front, instead of repeated disappointments.

• Like 1

Quick question: Our Vision cruise is one of the ones cancelled. I understand about the 125%FCC but my question is: does that amount include the cruise fare only? What about the monies we paid for drink packages, shore excursions, Chef’s Table, etc.? Do they come out as credits also? Thanks!

8 minutes ago, skydawg said:

Quick question: Our Vision cruise is one of the ones cancelled. I understand about the 125%FCC but my question is: does that amount include the cruise fare only? What about the monies we paid for drink packages, shore excursions, Chef’s Table, etc.? Do they come out as credits also? Thanks!

125% of cruise fare only.  Taxes, port charges, drink packages, excursions, etc will be refunded 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

But calling me a Keyboard Warrior is far from the truth.

And yet us keyboard warriors aren't as shocked or surprised about the situations we are reading about as those who actually went on the cruise and had to jump through many hoops to get there. Cruising these days isn't for the faint at heart.

• Like 3

God does this get old.  I have lurked on this site for quite a few years.  Over the years, I have picked up many great ideas and tips about sailing on Royal.  If I had a question, I would search the forums and find the answers I was looking for. 

This site has become nothing more than a place for petty people who want to do nothing more than bicker and complain about other peoples comments.  It’s really too bad that this is what the site has become. How about trying to help other people rather than replying with snarky comments?

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

And yet us keyboard warriors aren't as shocked or surprised about the situations we are reading about as those who actually went on the cruise and had to jump through many hoops to get there. Cruising these days isn't for the faint at heart.

It does add credence when discussing cruises if you have been on one recently😉

• Like 9