On Harmony and it is getting weird!

orville99

4 minutes ago, orville99 said:

The original invitation was for yesterday. Haven’t gotten a new one yet.

LOL...she made a mistake on the day, (Tuesday instead of Friday) but not the date (she listed correctly the date of the 14th).  😉 She sent the new one showing Friday with the 14th we got last night.   

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Our experience in Chops last week for breakfast was fabulous.  Loved it, maybe 3-4 couples in there when we dined, very quiet, excellent service.   

Not sure when you were in there yesterday, but we went in right at 8 am, as did John and Laura, a few tables behind us... and "Cowboy" who ate with us due to tables taken.  We all had the same experience.  Place was packed, every table filled in about 10 minutes.  Very noisy, slower service to be expected, but not really a problem.  It was not the quiet atmosphere as usual for us.  Maybe very loud conversations do not bother you.....but it does me in that small space, and Bucky had to take out his hearing aids to muffle it.  

Last week was only 41 Pinnacles...75 this week and I think everyone of them was in there at 8 am. 

We were there at about 8:15 yesterday, and honestly didn’t notice anything different from any other day or even last week.   I did notice quite a few tables blocked off for distancing. Seemed many more tables blocked off compared to  last week. 

Once pinnacle numbers start to rise back to harmony norms, it will be even worse. In early December we had over 150 pinnacles. We only ate in Chops breakfast two or three times.  Quite frankly (in December) we had a better than expected breakfast experience a couple times in the main dining room. We also like Johnny Rockets for breakfast. 

We get there shortly after 8 as breakfast is only open from 8 to 9:30. 

m

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Yeah, I thought we did not get that invite as well.  Talked to Isabeth on deck 4, she told me there was some reason with the dining room that we are not doing  the usual lunch right after the Upper tier.  

See you for lunch on Friday.  🙂 

Lsabrth  told me upper tier diamond plus was Tuesday, pinnacle will be Friday. Too many people to do it the same day. 

we’ve had it all different ways, we’ve had….

upper tier D+/pinnacle on different days,

upper tier/pinnacle together seated in the same area of the dining room.  (One luncheon for everybody together). I heard a couple people are not happy with this arrangement. It is fine with me. 

Upper tier D+/pinnacle on the same day but seated in separate areas of the dining room. 

I don’t care how they do it, I’m happy that it is offered. It’s usually a lovely lunch with a very nice menu.  

m

• Like 1

If I may ask, what was your original itinerary? Seems as though you’re missing a lot of port stops. We sail on Harmony next month and was looking forward to seeing San Juan since it’s been years since our last visit. St. Thomas, no biggie. Was just there in September on CEL. 

First time on Harmony. Looking forward to being on an oasis class ship. 

12 minutes ago, choochella said:

If I may ask, what was your original itinerary? Seems as though you’re missing a lot of port stops. We sail on Harmony next month and was looking forward to seeing San Juan since it’s been years since our last visit. St. Thomas, no biggie. Was just there in September on CEL. 

When we originally booked this one, it was a western with Labadee Jamaica, Cozumel and coco cay. Then it morphed into an eastern with st. Kitts and st Thomas. Fortunately we stopped cruising for the ports long ago and we rarely get off the ship any more.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Walked around the forward cabins before lunch. (Several hours after my first trip) 

20220111_112639.thumb.jpg.ef1a59ca4f9202987d24ba3ddf18284a.jpg

20220111_112331.thumb.jpg.b29f06f2ef0ac3395cca23ff8f49bc2f.jpg

Decks 7-10 all have the interior hallway cabins closed off. Most likely for crew in my opinion. 

Guessing around 30 cabins per floor

20220111_112828.thumb.jpg.c8639e3e8a77131e91cb236349a8abf0.jpg

This section is easy to isolate with fire doors

20220111_111155.thumb.jpg.194460cf31ea833fd4e24d9386690b60.jpg

We're sailing on the 23rd so watching and following.  Was wondering with all these blocked closures of cabins, do you think they're preparing to be a quarantine ship..soon??  Thats a lot of cabins on each deck.  I don't think they would be marching sick and quarantined staff in that number around a ship that has general public passengers..  

7 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

As we sailed to port and I saw P&O Cruises I thought Princess.  Wasn't Princess associated with P&O back in the day.

P&O and Princess are now both Carnival brands.the first time we sailed on Princess they had just purchased the Sitmar fleet. Don’t remember whether that was the connection point.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, choochella said:

15 minutes ago, orville99 said:

When we originally booked this one, it was a western with Labadee Jamaica, Cozumel and coco cay. Then it morphed into an eastern with st. Kitts and st Thomas. Fortunately we stopped cruising for the ports long ago and we rarely get off the ship any more.

We went from 3 ports to two ports. 
We like Labadee and booked that itinerary for several cruises and adding a B2B for eastern/western Carib. So far, all but one changed to eastern. The first Labadee/Falmouth in October, was changed to Costa Maya /Cozumel

1 minute ago, torpeedo said:

We're sailing on the 23rd so watching and following.  Was wondering with all these blocked closures of cabins, do you think they're preparing to be a quarantine ship..soon??  Thats a lot of cabins on each deck.  I don't think they would be marching sick and quarantined staff in that number around a ship that has general public passengers..  

We had our hallway blocked off earlier this morning. They were spraying. In my opinion, (which means absolutely nothing) I suspect there was a Covid case in the area. 

if they were doing routine maintenance spraying, it would’ve been nice for that to be announced 

m

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We had our hallway blocked off earlier this morning. They were spraying. In my opinion, (which means absolutely nothing) I suspect there was a Covid case in the area. 

if they were doing routine maintenance spraying, it would’ve been nice for that to be announced 

Oh boy.  None of this sounds good.  Seems like now all the shows are closed and some restaurants as well.  I wouldn't go to the shows anyway given the current Covid situation so I don't care about that and have seen them all before,  but I'm sure others would look forward to that part of cruising.  

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Captain announced we were over the 1% Covid threshold, hence the cancelation of St Thomas cancellation 

It would be interesting to know how many are passengers and how many are crew.  I'm sure they won't disclose that info but it would be interesting to know,

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Captain announced we were over the 1% Covid threshold, hence the cancelation of St Thomas cancellation 

Are you going somewhere else or just a sea day?

48 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

m

They spray all the corridors every morning between 3-5AM. It was published in the cruise compass.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Crew exchange was the carrier?! 😜

Trusting that it's not much above 1% and mostly Omicron sneezing and that those ill can be taken care of.  Guess spraying might help but yet to hear of anyone catching COVID from a surface, unlike NORO.  COVID droplets disperse inside of 10-30 seconds in closed places, depending upon humidity.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, torpeedo said:

It would be interesting to know how many are passengers and how many are crew.  I'm sure they won't disclose that info but it would be interesting to know,

I know people😉🤣🤣

Curious if we will drop more off in CocoCay now, or maybe pick up some.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2