On Harmony and it is getting weird!

orville99

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We must of just missed you.   We got up there around 7. A few were there.

Loved having breakfast up there as the day dawned.  Was easy to just walk off at 7:30.  

4 loads of laundry later....and then the dreaded ironing to come 😜....but ready to go again.  🙂 

Hello Odyssey on the 29th!  😄 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

If anyone on board needs some water let me know 😂

20220116_150123.thumb.jpg.3d224cce9ce0839fb45e959d3ca11409.jpg

How’d you end up with so much water?  I’m only asking because we ordered the cases of water for our cruise later this year...I don’t want our room to end up looking like this…🤣

1 hour ago, poocher said:

What room on category is that?  8 more weeks for us.  

It's the Villa Suite. They brought us all this and then a random room service delivery came with 6 individual cans of water from Crown & Anchor.  We had enough water to fill the hot tub with at one point 😂

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Hardly 😉

Poached eggs with Faro is missing😪

Looks identical to the Chops or Giovanni’s offerings on rest of fleet

Everything we order in CK for breakfast is there. We don't really pay any attention to the oddball items.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Long drive home (7-8 hours) and this time trying to work around an unusual winter ice storm. (We want to be home sometime during the afternoon melt and prior to the evening re freeze. 

On the weekend cruises locals need to get of early to get to work on Monday. 

m

How was the drive, nasty here in Southwest Virginia

5 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

So sorry to see this thread end.

A comment about self assist.  Galveston self assist is a nightmare.  I think there were more self assist than not.  We were (not self assist) called right after self assist, got in line that snaked thru the dining room and down a few corridors.  This was on the Liberty, not as large as the "big girls" but large enough. Pre covid.

Lol you have a bit of a surprise coming. I got some little square thing said to read the code to schedule debark. I was like ? So I took it to customer service who said oh let me show you, open your camera. Nope .. my camera doesnt read codes so she said ok I can assign you to 730, which the tv said was 715. They had a late flight so we lolly gagged to the pizza place. Some random crew said forward less line. Line was about 20 people and moving. We were off about as fast as we could walk. Long walk but fast.

Hahahaha. To schedule all you need is for your phone to read the code. Pre covid days of tons lining up are gone on liberty. Fore and aft walk off as fast as you can. From either end. Stay in your cabin until your time is on the tv.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol you have a bit of a surprise coming. I got some little square thing said to read the code to schedule debark. I was like ? So I took it to customer service who said oh let me show you, open your camera. Nope .. my camera doesnt read codes so she said ok I can assign you to 730, which the tv said was 715. They had a late flight so we lolly gagged to the pizza place. Some random crew said forward less line. Line was about 20 people and moving. We were off about as fast as we could walk. Long walk but fast.

Hahahaha. To schedule all you need is for your phone to read the code. Pre covid days of tons lining up are gone on liberty. Fore and aft walk off as fast as you can. From either end. Stay in your cabin until your time is on the tv.

That's called a QR code and they're used everywhere. Menus in restaurants, our church uses them, lots of different uses.  We had to register for our our covid test onboard for our b2b second leg via a QR.  Also, your camera wont' automatically read them.  You need a QR code app that works via your phone's camera and they only work with wifi/internet (or cell service data to access it).  We were in Cozumel in Senor Frog's and they wanted everyone to use their QR code for their menu.  We don't use "free" wifi like that especially outside the US.  It's not entirely safe so we told them no, we wanted a paper menu.  I do use QR codes all the time at home because we use our cell unlimited data plan so no issue with someone's wifi.

Edited by BND

On 1/15/2022 at 6:19 PM, poocher said:

IMHO you can’t compare any of the parks you, me and others have mentioned to the Orlando theme parks.  I am a self professed Disney AND Universal nut and they are a totally different experience.

Universal - I agree.  that was the most fun I've ever had at any amusement park, but definitely not a traditional park with rides and coasters. 

Disney - Magic Kingdom - meh.  You have to be interested in all of that Disney character stuff for it to be worthwhile.  I've been to Orlando many times and have no interest in ever setting foot inside.

The other Disney parks are unique and fun, but I thought we were talking about coasters.

2 minutes ago, mek said:

Universal - I agree.  that was the most fun I've ever had at any amusement park, but definitely not a traditional park with rides and coasters. 

Disney - Magic Kingdom - meh.  You have to be interested in all of that Disney character stuff for it to be worthwhile.  I've been to Orlando many times and have no interest in ever setting foot inside.

The other Disney parks are unique and fun, but I thought we were talking about coasters.

Rockin roller coaster?  Expedition Everest?  Last I checked they were coasters.  MK has 4 coasters and is getting the new Tron coaster soon.  I agree Magic Kingdom is not my favorite park, partial to Epcot and Animal Kingdom (and Star Wars in DHS has a couple of very cool rides).  But I was referring to the comments that the Florida theme parks are too expensive (not cheap!) compared to amusement parks.  I contend there is a reason for that given how much more they offer.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We find these in the deli section at Publix

20220116_192537.thumb.jpg.10e6293429cf95c71465e53067c0bbe2.jpg

The key is to pre cook them, then add the sauce and toppings before finishing

Thank you! My daughter & I are on WW pre cruise and she’s been craving pizza, ok me too.  This just might work.

26 minutes ago, BND said:

That's called a QR code and they're used everywhere. Menus in restaurants, our church uses them, lots of different uses.  We had to register for our our covid test onboard for our b2b second leg via a QR.  Also, your camera wont' automatically read them.  You need a QR code app that works via your phone's camera and they only work with wifi/internet (or cell service data to access it).  We were in Cozumel in Senor Frog's and they wanted everyone to use their QR code for their menu.  We don't use "free" wifi like that especially outside the US.  It's not entirely safe so we told them no, we wanted a paper menu.  I do use QR codes all the time at home because we use our cell unlimited data plan so no issue with someone's wifi.

I know. I have a code reader that works with wifi but didnt have internet onboard, so customer service did it manually. Scheduled walk offs about ever 15 or 20 minutes, but I had the first slot, I went down to customer service when I got the note on my bed.

Ok by me let them do it. Didnt say I didnt have a qr code reader, I dont have one that works offline with my camera. Not getting one just for rcl either. I know what it is lolol. I've used mine for krogers, so it works. Rcl can give me free wifi or do it for me.

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I know. I have a code reader that works with wifi but didnt have internet onboard, so customer service did it manually. Scheduled walk offs about ever 15 or 20 minutes, but I had the first slot, I went down to customer service when I got the note on my bed.

Ok by me let them do it. Didnt say I didnt have a qr code reader, I dont have one that works offline with my camera. Not getting one just for rcl either. I know what it is lolol. I've used mine for krogers, so it works. Rcl can give me free wifi or do it for me.

None of them work offline.   But, since you called it that little square thing, it sounds like you didn't know.  For what you needed it for it should have worked just like the menus, etc on the RCI app onboard.

Edited by BND
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, BND said:

None of them work offline.  

Well, that's kind of dumb then. We are not paying for wifi onboard to scan them either then. We use our free wifi for the last 3 days, and that's it. But I guess if it is for disembarkation, it would be within that time frame. But it will eliminate QR menus. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

It's the Villa Suite. They brought us all this and then a random room service delivery came with 6 individual cans of water from Crown & Anchor.  We had enough water to fill the hot tub with at one point 😂

I thought you opened a damn redemption center to pay for your next cruise.

• Haha 7