Pinnacle benefit - Free Cruise

LorraineP

Each person who acquires 700 points gets the free cruise….one per person. What seems to be the confusion here?  If there are two of you in the same cabin and you both reach 700 at the same time, then each of you gets the free cruise.  If, as a couple, you reach 700 at different times, you get the free cruise at the time you reach 700.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, lovelife said:

Yikes, we've only gotten one free cruise for two at 700 and 1050. I wish we each got one!

If you both chose to sail solo on a free Pinnacle cruise, then you both would have a "free" cruise.  However, if you sail the free cruise together then you are both using your free cruise allotment. 

I'm wondering if a couple could book separate cabins on the same ship, same voyage using their individual free cruise?

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, gadaboutgal said:

If you both chose to sail solo on a free Pinnacle cruise, then you both would have a "free" cruise.  However, if you sail the free cruise together then you are both using your free cruise allotment. 

I'm wondering if a couple could book separate cabins on the same ship, same voyage using their individual free cruise?

Connecting rooms...great way to get 2 bathrooms!

7 hours ago, LorraineP said:

Has anyone in the past turned pinnacle on a cruise & received some benefits on that cruise. We will be turning pinnacle one day into the second leg of a B2B. 

Yes. LA sent a letter in our cabin.

32 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

What type of room is awarded for the Pinnacle Free Cruise (at 700 cruise credits) ?  We would probably upgrade to a JS or higher.  

They tell you it's a balcony, but it can be issued as a $2,400 certificate toward any cruise.  Solos get the same amount.

My notes from my discussion with the C&A D+ Desk at RCCL:

If certificate is used,  no FCC for difference if cruised applied to is less than the cert value

Balcony discount cannot be applied; no WOW, instant savings, or “cash off” promos

Single supplement DP340, senior, and resident discounts are OK

Pinnacle cert cannot be used for port fees or tips, so that amount can be paid as an initial deposit

Gift certs can be used for tips via obc

Edited by pcur
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, truffles2 said:

Each person who acquires 700 points gets the free cruise….one per person. What seems to be the confusion here?  If there are two of you in the same cabin and you both reach 700 at the same time, then each of you gets the free cruise.  If, as a couple, you reach 700 at different times, you get the free cruise at the time you reach 700.

Seriously?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, LorraineP said:

Has anyone in the past turned pinnacle on a cruise & received some benefits on that cruise. We will be turning pinnacle one day into the second leg of a B2B. 

No, just recognized and signed up for our certificate, stratum, and pins.  

Next cruise was full Pinnacle benefits.   

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, island lady said:

No, just recognized and signed up for our certificate, stratum, and pins.  

Next cruise was full Pinnacle benefits.   

I don't understand this. You have to sign up? I am turning Pinnacle in July, and this post had me wondering  what I would need to sign up for. Don't they just change my status on the cruise after I earned it and I start getting the benefits on the next one? I assumed they would just email or mail a certificate for the free cruise.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pcur said:

They tell you it's a balcony, but it can be issued as a $2,400 certificate toward any cruise.  Solos get the same amount.

I was told by RCCL if you go solo it is only 1,200 credit.  Wanted to use the $2,400 for a $2,700 arctic but will only give me 1,200.  Thoughts did I get wrong info?   

28 minutes ago, bermuda_fm said:

I was told by RCCL if you go solo it is only 1,200 credit.  Wanted to use the $2,400 for a $2,700 arctic but will only give me 1,200.  Thoughts did I get wrong info?   

Call again is my advice. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

I don't understand this. You have to sign up? I am turning Pinnacle in July, and this post had me wondering  what I would need to sign up for. Don't they just change my status on the cruise after I earned it and I start getting the benefits on the next one? I assumed they would just email or mail a certificate for the free cruise.

The LA  will get with you to ask how you want to be announced at recognition ceremony  (DH goes by his nickname, not legal name). She/he then has you sign a paper showing how you want your pins to read (I only wanted first name, DH wanted his nickname).  Plus how you want your free cruise certificate to read (using our legal names there).  LA has you sign this paper.  

• Like 2