Which Ports Did Your Ship Miss?

If you have been on a cruise in the Caribbean within the last two weeks, or are on one now, which, if any, ports were you unable to visit? Were any other ports used as replacement stops? Anyone’s ship get to all of it’s listed ports? 

Also, were there ports where you could only go ashore if you had booked with RCI or an approved tour or guide?

Please add your ship’s name snd  the actual start date of your cruise. Plus what the explanation was for missing the port. 

Thanks for any informational replies.  Inquiring minds want to know! 

We just got off the Enchantment sailing today, January 8-20.

We missed our first port, St. Croix, and had a sea day instead.  Captain announced around 8 pm the night before that it was because our Covid numbers were 1.2%, over the 1% required by St. Croix.

We had St. Lucia replaced by Antigua, and that was announced before we even set sail.  St. Lucia has tightened her regulations and apparently the cruise ships are knowing in advance they can't meet them.

Thanks To those of you who have replied. Hope others will contine to post about any missed posts in the next few weeks.

I am guessing there is no problem with ships stopping in Mexican and other ports along the western Caribbean coast. The same is apparently true for Aruba and possibly Bonaire & Curaçao. At least so far I haven’t seen a post indicating those destinations being missed.

We were able to visit St  Martin and Coco Cay. We missed St. Thomas two weeks weeks in a row on the January 2 and January 9 harmony  cruises.  

One of those two cruises (sorry, at this point remember)  originally had Labadie/Falmouth which was changed to an eastern Caribbean itinerary

Once we were on the Eastern itinerary, nothing was substituted for the missed port. We had a sea day

m

25 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We had St Kitts replaced with St Maarten. 

Captain said it was a fuel availability issue

I was happy.  Like St. Maarten better anyway....even going there twice in a row during the B2B....errr...3 times actually.  😉 

1/9 Harmony - Original Itinerary:

Capture1.JPG

Changed to an Eastern with St. Kitts and St Thomas - missed both of them - St. Kitts replaced by St Martin.

Had we stayed on for the second leg, we would also have missed St. Johns, which was replaced by San Juan, which was replaced by St Martin.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

We were on the NYE Cruise on Navigator.  We docked in Puerto Vallarta for a couple of hours thinking we were getting off, only to be eventually shooed away by the local authorities.  Captain was not happy when he made the announcement since we had something like a 0.46% positive rate onboard, and according to the guidelines set by the Mexican government, we should have not had an issue getting in.  Stops in Cabo and Mazatlan had already happened without a hitch.

Edited by mil76
More info

I'll be watching this one with great interest.  On the 13-night repositioning on AOS we've got 7 ports.  At this point I'm resigned we're not stopping at Georgetown, and I'd heard Falmouth is off the menu - we'll see what happens in the next 90-some days.  Labadee is at least back on, and ought to have the kinks worked out by then.

The rest are Cozumel, Puerto Limon, Colon and Cartagena.  The itinerary was chosen because "that's three places we'd never otherwise get to sailing from Galveston" and the way things are looking, can't rule out we may still not get to them. 

10 minutes ago, MichaelCMTX said:

I'll be watching this one with great interest.  On the 13-night repositioning on AOS we've got 7 ports.  At this point I'm resigned we're not stopping at Georgetown, and I'd heard Falmouth is off the menu - we'll see what happens in the next 90-some days.  Labadee is at least back on, and ought to have the kinks worked out by then.

The rest are Cozumel, Puerto Limon, Colon and Cartagena.  The itinerary was chosen because "that's three places we'd never otherwise get to sailing from Galveston" and the way things are looking, can't rule out we may still not get to them. 

We are considering this one too - heard Falmouth is open again.

On Jewel NYE we missed Cartegania.  Captain announced shortly before arrival.  He said it was because Cartegania changed protocols and wanted everyone on board to be tested within a time frame we couldn't meet.  A very recent change.   Refunded taxes as an obc plus additional obc for the missed port. Day at sea on our way to Aruba.

10 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

We haven’t cruised yet, but several weeks ago they replaced grand cayman with Roatan.  Kind of bummed because DH has never been there, and that was part of the reason we booked that sailing over a year ago, but we’re still very excited to go 🙂

Me too....love Grand Cayman.  But actually the island has been refusing cruise ships for months now.  

Have a favorite tour booked in Roatan now instead. 

1 minute ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Which is your favorite tour?

We keep it simple there.   Take the little float boat over to Maya Key. Booked through RCI.  Love touring the rescue animal exhibit there, but most especially all the tropical birds.  Not a great snorkel spot, but still enjoyed by many.  Beach is never crowded, and outdoor local type lunch is good.   Good Margaritas too.  😉  

Not much into hanging around a pool, but we like this one...very relaxing.  

One of the fun things is to watch the low flying planes and jets come over the little island to land at the airport nearby.  

Has a cute touristy shop, and clean bathrooms/changing rooms with outdoor showers.  

Float boat/shuttle leaves on the 1/2 hour for return, can grab any of them back to the ship on your own time.  Simple, easy.  I like not being shoved on bus for a tour.  😉 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

We keep it simple there.   Take the little float boat over to Maya Key. Booked through RCI.  Love touring the rescue animal exhibit there, but most especially all the tropical birds.  Not a great snorkel spot, but still enjoyed by many.  Beach is never crowded, and outdoor local type lunch is good.   Good Margaritas too.  😉  

Not much into hanging around a pool, but we like this one...very relaxing.  

One of the fun things is to watch the low flying planes and jets come over the little island to land at the airport nearby.  

Has a cute touristy shop, and clean bathrooms/changing rooms with outdoor showers.  

Float boat/shuttle leaves on the 1/2 hour for return, can grab any of them back to the ship on your own time.  Simple, easy.  I like not being shoved on bus for a tour.  😉 

Good to know!  That is the one we booked 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Good to know!  That is the one we booked 🙂

Hope you like it!  🙂  

This will be our 4th or 5th time there.  We love to book it when we stop there.  Also like walking around the shops near the ship.  They have put in a new extension to the port shopping area recently.