New 2022 Infinity Summer Caribbean itineraries

Jeremiah1212

6 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

They were up on the Celebrity website this morning.   I was shocked at the pricing.  Off season on an older ship prices were significantly higher than a late Feb sailing on Edge with a "better" itinerary.

I can see them on Chrome but not Safari. Prices aren't a steal but I have a feeling these will be largely FCC burn opportunities. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

I have a feeling these will be largely FCC burn opportunities. 

I had the same thought.

Good opportunity for anybody with kids or job that forces them to sail in the summer, and any bargain hunters who don't mind going out in hurricane season.

Doesn't it seem like there is going to be a boatload (so to speak)  of capacity in the Carrib this summer!   I sure hope the weather cooperates, the cruise industry needs it and the Carrib tourist places need it!   X definitely needs to get the FCC behind them that's for sure.

Edited by rmalbers

18 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

that is what I was thinking as I thought ships were not going there due to protesting citizens.

The last I heard was KW was still against large ships in port/s but the state of FL says they can not refuse large ships.  I'm not sure how it all ended up.  Probably some campaign donations were made to move things along.  Part of me agrees with the people of KW, it's definitely a lot different when there isn't a cruise ship there.  The other part of it is the size of the newest ships,  I think some of them hold around 6,000 (?) people right, it's just getting crazy.

5 hours ago, rmalbers said:

The last I heard was KW was still against large ships in port/s but the state of FL says they can not refuse large ships.  I'm not sure how it all ended up.  Probably some campaign donations were made to move things along.  Part of me agrees with the people of KW, it's definitely a lot different when there isn't a cruise ship there.  The other part of it is the size of the newest ships,  I think some of them hold around 6,000 (?) people right, it's just getting crazy.

I think mid size ships should be allowed as it helps their economy.

I have been once to Key West and it was on Nieuw Amsterdam.

14 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

The thing is, the people that own the million plus dollar homes there don't need any help with their economy.  But I agree, If you own a bar or tee shirt shop you need help with your economy!   I can see both sides of it but I've been there with cruise ships and without and I know which I would prefer if I lived there.  

2 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Ships under 1500 passenger capacity are OK by city rules. Regent Splendor carries 750.  Celebrity has no plans to go to KW.

Agree large cruise ships have changed KW and not for the better.

Looked at those cruises earlier.   Agree with others that it is overpriced for  mostly off season sailings.   

There are  better deals on the other ships.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• 1 month later...
On 1/27/2022 at 9:09 PM, goldsmip115 said:

$18,000 for a 7 night cruise in the Penthouse Suite.  Oh, please, get real!  

Exactly!

I was stunned when my agent quoted me that price.  Holding a summer Med cruise in a PH that is a better price.  And while I love the M-class ships PH rooms, I have heard the Infinity is only partially revolutionized so won't be biting at this.